What offerings do you give to your human spirit companions?

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

What offerings do you usually give to your human spirit companions?
What are the kind of offerings they appreciate the most?
I'd really like to know, since I'd like to make my human spirits happy <3

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

I got the tip that earthen creatures enjoy the following:

Herbs - Chamomile, Angelica root, Mugwort, Anise, Clover, Musk, Oak, Coriander

Incense - Nag champa, musk, cedar, pine, earthly smelling incenses

Stones- Hematite, jasper, bloodstone, onyx, stones that are highly grounding

These are great but I'd offer them more miscellaneous objects or things that are meaningful to them. I'm thinking of their occupation (for instance giving soldiers or aces models of their airplanes or tanks) or their time period (for mine it's more classical music or jazz). They still have their own tastes and preferences, so it's up to you to find out. Food is a great starting point!

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I don't have a human spirit companion but I occasionally honor my ancestors with things like burning a candle, setting out a glass of water, offering a taste of what I've cooked on a plate (food can be later disposed of or left at a crossroads.) Flowers are generally commonly used offerings.

Scent oils, tobacco, and alcohol are very individual-specific offerings. Some spirits might like them and some might not. But I'm sure most would be pleased you were at least thinking of them.

If you know their preferences, that definitely helps. Anything that shows you remember them, you respect them, and (if you're lucky) you know what they were like as individuals and you honor that.
Last edited by cairngorn on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Adrasteia wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:09 am I got the tip that earthen creatures enjoy the following:

Herbs - Chamomile, Angelica root, Mugwort, Anise, Clover, Musk, Oak, Coriander

Incense - Nag champa, musk, cedar, pine, earthly smelling incenses

Stones- Hematite, jasper, bloodstone, onyx, stones that are highly grounding

These are great but I'd offer them more miscellaneous objects or things that are meaningful to them. I'm thinking of their occupation (for instance giving soldiers or aces models of their airplanes or tanks) or their time period (for mine it's more classical music or jazz). They still have their own tastes and preferences, so it's up to you to find out. Food is a great starting point!
Thank you so much for the info, Adrasteia! :)
Yes, food and music are great offerings, and I luckily already know what my spirit friends like :)
By the way, sometimes they even suggested me what films to watch ad so we watched them together <3

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

cairngorn wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:57 pm I don't have a human spirit companion but I occasionally honor my ancestors with things like burning a candle, setting out a glass of water, offering a taste of what I've cooked on a plate (food can be later disposed of or left at a crossroads.) Flowers are generally commonly used offerings.

Scent oils, tobacco, and alcohol are very individual-specific offerings. Some spirits might like them and some might not. But I'm sure most would be pleased you were at least thinking of them.

If you know their preferences, that definitely helps. Anything that shows you remember them, you respect them, and (if you're lucky) you know what they were like as individuals and you honor that.
Thank you for your kind reply and info, Cairngorn! I also think that remembering and respecting them is the thing they appreciate the most <3
BTW, my spirit BF especially liked drinking dark coffee and beer, but - since I can't drink coffee - I think about him whenever I drink beer :) (To tell the truth, I think of him all the time!)
Last edited by PrincessKnight on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

lutece field
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I offer food that they enjoyed while they were alive. The human spirit I'm in a off-and-on relationship with loved grapes during his last incarnation, and so I try to give him a bowl of them every now and then. I know from experience that he prefers red seedless grapes over green ones. He likes them fresh, not frozen. I've also started inviting him to sample some of my dinner as I'm eating it, just in case he sees something that he likes. If I'm eating something like candy or chocolate, I'll set aside a few pieces for him. It's very simple and casual, though each spirit/person will be different.

If you get a spirit from CH, there is an option to get an additional bio reading on him/her, which may include information about offerings. The one I got for this spirit told me about his love for grapes (he owned a vineyard), and I went on there.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

lutece field wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:51 am I offer food that they enjoyed while they were alive. The human spirit I'm in a off-and-on relationship with loved grapes during his last incarnation, and so I try to give him a bowl of them every now and then. I know from experience that he prefers red seedless grapes over green ones. He likes them fresh, not frozen. I've also started inviting him to sample some of my dinner as I'm eating it, just in case he sees something that he likes. If I'm eating something like candy or chocolate, I'll set aside a few pieces for him. It's very simple and casual, though each spirit/person will be different.

If you get a spirit from CH, there is an option to get an additional bio reading on him/her, which may include information about offerings. The one I got for this spirit told me about his love for grapes (he owned a vineyard), and I went on there.
What you do for your spirit friend is beautiful, many thanks for sharing, Lutece Field! <3

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. My Human Spirit is an Ancestor of mine. I had requested an enhanced spirit bio of Him and He loves the scent of blueberry, and studying. I remembered drinking a blueberry tea by Bigelow, and now I keep a box of it in Our apartment for Him. I also have a special miniature-sized mug for Him as well! It was originally a coffee candle I bought from a local farmers market last year, and my gut told me to keep the mug. Now I know why! I brew a cup of the tea (technically it's a tisane), and I pour Him some into His little mug, and the rest in my cup, and we drink it together.

Another thing my Human Ancestor Spirit Friend likes is reading, however He also really enjoys audiobooks. I took out my karaoke maschine and popped in one of those "books on CD", and We all listened for a good couple of hours.

Request a spirit bio from here and they can tell you what your Human Spirit Friend likes. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Elissaaaa
new here
new here
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I always ask my human spirit companions what they like, or just observe their reactions to random things. Usually I offer them chocolate because they all seem to like it (*can only speak of mines to be honest). If they specifically asked me something that is not too absurd, I would offer it to them (like when one of my men asked me to play David Bowie all day, I just do so).

When there is a newcommer (I tend to attract human spirits), I try my best to get well-acquainted with them, like asking them about their lives (like what period/place they are from), with the power of google of course (because I always love doing some internet research x*D ). If don't want to do it by yourself, you can always request a spirit bio (if you are doing this from CH, not sure for other vendors).

Memento mori.

Return to “Human”