Is brass OK for Marid Djinn?

mirabell
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Super speed

I'm getting ready for my first Marid Djinn (!), but I use a brass pendulum & just realized that metal might be a deterrent?

Thank you for any advice!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

There are 2 fairly standard answers to this.

One is: always go by what the seller told you. If they didn't say metal's a problem, then there's no need to worry about it. The care instructions for the same type of spirit will vary from one seller to another.

The other side of this is: once a spirit is conjured and bound, they've agreed to be our companion. And in modern spirit keeping metal doesn't seem to be an issue. For a start, you'll see in the CH order pages you can order all kinds of metal vessels for spirits who, outside of spirit keeping, may be associated with that metal-is-bad-for-them trope.

We wouldn't be able to order metal vessels if the presence of metal was disturbing in any way for our bound spirits.

However - back to the first point - if avoiding certain metals is listed by a seller as part of the care instructions for a spirit, then that has to be kept to.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with brass pendulums...see

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/copper-p ... dulum.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
mirabell
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Super speed

Thanks for the answer! Sidenote: that's an interesting point about "modern" spirit keeping, since now that I think about it, a lot of the old metal correspondences seem tied to religioius/regime changes and aren't necessarily a "spirit-led" requirement.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”