How Large are Gargoyles?

ryknowrage
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 14
My super power would be...: Super speed

I've always wondered, How large are Gargoyles?
I mean in general is there an average size for Gargoyles?

Feel free to share how large your own Gargoyles are as well
::Anyone::

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I dont have any gargoyles so i cant comment on how generally large or short they are, but i did have a dream of a gargoyle once and he was taller then the doorway to my door.. O.o and wingspan would reach from one end of my room to the other.

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

The impression I've gotten with mine, (I can't see-see, so this is just what I've picked up) is that he stands around 3 ft at the shoulder, when he is on all fours and his legs slightly bent. Were he a physical being, I could see him weighing 175 to 250 pounds. So roughly the same mass as an adult human male, though much differently shaped.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

hi ryknowrage, my gargies have an ability to change sizes as needed as do my dragons and other spirits. mostly around the home they're about the size that lampro's has appeared in - outside they can become as large as 10' or more if needed. one thing i've noticed with the ones here is that their wingspan has usually been the size of their height so they are a proportioned spirit no matter what size they might present themselves in. if there is a reason that they feel a "show of force or protective face" is needed then mine have enlarged themselves to whatever it takes for the foe to back down. my main gargoyle (the oldest one i've had) is actually still an unbound who arrived on my deck to deal with a stalker neighbor back in early 2008 and he has taken up residence on top of my etagere on the opposite end of where the eldest black dragon stays. also i've seen the gargies in very small size, again when it is appropriate or necessary. hope this helps! :hug: :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Raexis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0

Because I can't "see" my Gargoyle companion, I asked him for details about his physical appearance with my pendulum. He told me that his normal/natural/comfortable size is right around 7ft 2in, but he also said that he changes his size for different situations.

A little off-topic, but right before I posted this, I wanted to ask him if he was comfortable with me posting information like this about him. I asked "R-, is it okay with you if I talk about you?" and the pendulum gave a weak/iffy "yes." Then I added "Oh, just on this message board. That's what I meant," and it moved in a quick/sure "yes." Thought I'd mention it because it made me smile. =)

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night." –Edgar Allan Poe
:pumpkin:
Chai
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Super speed

Thats 2x my height if the average is 7 foot. Wow!!! Just got my SRA gargolyle yesterday. So I am happy to know this...

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Mine are different sizes. My female is very fast and has a smaller head than my male. They stand taller than me when we are in front of each other. When they expand their wings and stand up tall they look very large. Mine are big enough for me to ride on them when I travel places. (They enjoy giving rides lol)

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

My gargoyle can change size as needed, to tiny as a doormouse or as tall as a five story building

His natural size is roughly 1ft in height, and he specifically wanted to come to me through a custom conjure because he knew I wanted a little companion to carry around with me everywhere. He sits on my left shoulder, or curls around my head while I sleep :)

Return to “Gargoyle”