Tingling on forehead/third eye area while meditating?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
ImWolfieXO
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 41
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lowell
Zodiac:

Just starting my meditation journey and today when I had my first go at it there’s a very intense tingling on my forehead to where it’s honestly hard to concentrate lol but I just kept focusing on my breathing. I’m not entirely sure what state I’m supposed to end up in but I’m not sure if I was falling asleep slightly or? Cause I kept seeing things and conversations/thoughts I can’t remember for the life of me now (kinda like when you’re half awake/falling asleep and your mind kinda makes up weird scenarios) When I’d get them I’d move my concentration back to my breathing. Eventually my leg twitched/jolted and I came out of it.

Any ideas or advice? Thanks!

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I don’t do much meditation but my forehead around the 3rd eyes central often does that, even if I watch a movie. It just means that it’s flexing. It’s a muscle for our psychic and because it’s gets turned on randomly, it’s just doing it’s thing.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

ImWolfieXO wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:04 am Just starting my meditation journey and today when I had my first go at it there’s a very intense tingling on my forehead to where it’s honestly hard to concentrate lol but I just kept focusing on my breathing. I’m not entirely sure what state I’m supposed to end up in but I’m not sure if I was falling asleep slightly or? Cause I kept seeing things and conversations/thoughts I can’t remember for the life of me now (kinda like when you’re half awake/falling asleep and your mind kinda makes up weird scenarios) When I’d get them I’d move my concentration back to my breathing. Eventually my leg twitched/jolted and I came out of it.

Any ideas or advice? Thanks!
What type of meditation are you doing?

It could be easier to comment, if we knew that, as different techniques will have different effects but also different corrections or remedies.

My advice - you don't have to take it by the way - is learn meditation separate to spirit keeping practice, as a thing in itself. That way you can more clearly distinguish and assess progress.

I hope the following info is useful. My perspective comes from meditating daily for nearly 50 years. I've learned quite a few different methods.

You could choose a type of meditation and learn what that branch or school can teach you. With the more well known, established types, there's quite a lot of reliable online info and advice nowadays.

(There's the diy, suck it and see approach but maybe that risks ending up being unsure what's happening or what progress even looks like.)

It might help to work out what you're doing the meditation for.

There are meditations to help with peace or clarity of mind, to achieve enlightenment, to improve health, help with kundalini...and so on.

I wouldn't recommend meditation to help with psychic development, for example, as as this can be learned as a subject in its own right. Yes, for sure, meditation can bring benefits to our psychic development and to our spirit keeping, as well as our daily life. But that may be quite slow to materialise.

If you're doing this for spirit bonding purposes, I think it helps to not use the word 'meditation'. I prefer CH's word for it: quiet time. That involves just relaxing without distractions or interruptions.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Meditation”