neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Does anybody here know anything about or have any personal experiences related to the minor deity Horea, attested to be a wife of Set? My Cleopatra Djinn claims to be closely associated with her but literally the only information on her I can find is in a single book, the "Encyclopedia of ancient deities", which has no more to say about her than that.

I even went as far as reaching out to one of the authors of it but unfortunately did not get a response.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jdhthegr8 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:33 pm Does anybody here know anything about or have any personal experiences related to the minor deity Horea, attested to be a wife of Set? My Cleopatra Djinn claims to be closely associated with her but literally the only information on her I can find is in a single book, the "Encyclopedia of ancient deities", which has no more to say about her than that.

I even went as far as reaching out to one of the authors of it but unfortunately did not get a response.
Interesting!

The Wikipedia page for Horea as a wife of Set has been changed to a redirect to an article about Norea/Horea - a Gnostic figure.

Have you seen this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Horea_(mythology)

It records the discussion that led to blanking the Wikpedia article. The contributors appear to have discovered - or believe - there were no actual sources that back up the existence of Horea as an Egyptian being (and a wife of Set). Only some Christian writer who originally made that claim out of nowhere and could have misread or mis-written 'Horus'.

There have got to have been loads of minor Egyptian deities for which there is no longer much of a written record. Horea seems like one.

You might get better info direct from your Cleopatra Djinn.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Oh wow, I have some reading to do now with the sources on that talk page! Can't believe I missed it right under my nose. Particularly interesting is the second source that user referenced, "The Hypostasis of the Archons" in that it is from 1970, a full 3 decades before the Encyclopedia I had referenced.

My Djinn has expressed that Horea was a particularly close associate of Hathor, and that her relationship with Set was "complicated" but that's about as far as I had dug to this point with her alone. Indeed, whether the human attestations of Horea are based on a misunderstanding or not, this does give me new avenues for talking to her about the topic.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

How did you even find that much? I did a quick Google search and got either Horus or Nepthys.

I did find out that Set had many wives and some were not even from the Egyptian pantheon. Which may explain why it was "complicated".

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Djinn / Genie”