If you are comfortable, share your experiences.

Finx
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Finx

If you are comfortable, share your experiences.

Post by Finx »

Heyo, I'm Finx. I've just joined the forum and I have a request for all of you.

Provided that you are fully comfortable, please share your "Oh sh*t, I *#@!ed up." experiences below in relation to spirit keeping. This serves the purpose of helping people find their bearings when it comes to spirit keeping. The do-s and don't-s in a sense, but from actual experiences instead of just some list that doesn't help people connect the dots at all.
You don't have to share anything traumatic or terrifying if you don't explicitly *want* to share that experience, and, of course, you don't have to share anything at all if you don't want to.

If you'd like to, please use this format.

The type of spirit this occurred with:
How long the issue lasted:

How you solved it: [ie. banishing, coming to a conclusion, appeasing them]

Key mistakes you think you've made (and how you'll move on from them):

The story:

Thank you very much for your time

- Finx, of the RVC

Angelik
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced

Re: If you are comfortable, share your experiences.

Post by Angelik »

Here's my experience, I hope not to scare anyone...

The type of spirit this occurred with: a liar, very sexual, very sneaky. I know the race of this entity, but I won't say as it is not necessary and there is a risk to label the entire race as non-safe, while, mine was one specific case.

How long the issue lasted: 1 year, happened some years ago.

How you solved it: continuous banishing with various methods, chord cutting, detaching myself, additional protectors, additional spirits from higher realms, holy water, palo santo, closing any open portals and more..

Key mistakes you think you've made (and how you'll move on from them): I opened myself too much too early to something and I think I also unintentionally opened a portal. I did not protect myself enough. Never again trust something so easily. The being also impersonated others in my keep, making my spirit keeping experience not a pleasant one.

The story: I was tormented by an elusive and shapeshifter being, a liar, a prankster. The being gave me physical pain that doctors could not understand the nature of. This is one of the reasons I prefer not to keep elusive and too dark beings...The being used my mind to create sentences while I was napping, felt like a sort of mind possession. Not only this being harassed me several times in dream and created forced OBE, but I started getting visits from beings that I did not invite and the visits were not the kind I like to have. The being was able to fuse with my energy body while I was sleeping, that was not fun, I felt very drained and exhausted after that. The being also gave me visions about my human lovers and misled me several times so that I took the wrong path with them, which created heartbreaks...the issue is that I trusted him, but he was not to be trusted.

Proud to be unpopular but true to mySelf.

RedWine
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lilith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Post by RedWine »

Angelik wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:39 am
Hi Angelik,

Thank you for sharing im going through an experience that has some similarities to yours, been going for just over a year now but its almost over. As unpleasant as these experiences are you learn alot from them and the importance of protection.

Its a big existence and there is some energetic garbage out there unfortunately, but im working on keeping an open mind (in many ways) and i don't judge a whole race by one individuals behavior.

Also i really like your signature :)

*>*
Love Light and Dark Blessings

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Post by draco_star898 »

My issue was with a seller more then anything. The beings were unscrupulous and were using the spirit connection to feed off of me and thats a big no-no. So I had an entity that I trust within my keep who is able to sever most bindings if asked and then I banished them and he made sure they were gone and stayed gone. This taught me to be more wary of mostly unknown conjurers and that sometimes callings don't need to be listened to if you aren't sure of the sellers.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 217
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

Post by Lewk »

Hi and welcome to the Forum

I think you're asking about bound spirits, as in modern spirit keeping?

This question does seem to me to assume that with modern spirit keeping we are likely to have problems caused by bound spirits from reputable sellers. I really don't see things that way.

I haven't had any bound spirit that's a problem and I can't think of a way that I could mess up with bound spirits, to be honest. So I can't cite an example.

However that's qualified by the fact that in modern spirit keeping there are 2 major, known issues to look out for:

1 Due diligence - don't buy from unreliable, inexperienced / incompetent sellers.

See #7 in this article
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

2 Dark Arts acclimation - the general rule is don't buy beings or spell bindings that are darker than you are, or you risk unpleasant acclimation symptoms.

See https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... ATION.html

PS It's not possible to banish a bound spirit, as a rule, as they're with their keeper by agreement.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Angelik
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced

Post by Angelik »

RedWine wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:22 am
Angelik wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:39 am
Hi Angelik,

Thank you for sharing im going through an experience that has some similarities to yours, been going for just over a year now but its almost over. As unpleasant as these experiences are you learn alot from them and the importance of protection.

Its a big existence and there is some energetic garbage out there unfortunately, but im working on keeping an open mind (in many ways) and i don't judge a whole race by one individuals behavior.

Also i really like your signature :)
Hi RedWine, sorry to hear that you have been going through a similar experience,
I hope you will get rid of the annoyance once for all soon!

These things may not happen everyday and to all but can happen, so it very important to have strong protection. And as you said, it is also important to keep an open mind and not allow one experience with a specific spirit to ruin the experience with other well-intentioned beings. I consider what happened to me as a lesson from which I learnt a lot. I was not as advanced as I am now in protection (I still have much to learn though...) and I was too naive. So all in all, for how much it was unpleasant... it made me grow psychically, magickally and as a keeper.

Glad to hear you like my signature..😊

Proud to be unpopular but true to mySelf.

Finx
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
My magical/paranormal name...: Finx

Post by Finx »

Lewk wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:36 am
Hi and welcome to the Forum

I think you're asking about bound spirits, as in modern spirit keeping?

This question does seem to me to assume that with modern spirit keeping we are likely to have problems caused by bound spirits from reputable sellers. I really don't see things that way.

I haven't had any bound spirit that's a problem and I can't think of a way that I could mess up with bound spirits, to be honest. So I can't cite an example.

However that's qualified by the fact that in modern spirit keeping there are 2 major, known issues to look out for:

1 Due diligence - don't buy from unreliable, inexperienced / incompetent sellers.

See #7 in this article
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

2 Dark Arts acclimation - the general rule is don't buy beings or spell bindings that are darker than you are, or you risk unpleasant acclimation symptoms.

See https://shop.creepyhollows.com/SPIRIT-K ... ATION.html

PS It's not possible to banish a bound spirit, as a rule, as they're with their keeper by agreement.
Thank you! Such an insightful response

- Finx, of the RVC

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 217
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

Post by Lewk »

Finx wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:55 am
[...]Thank you! Such an insightful response
You're very welcome :)

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

Post by Banapis »

Finx wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:12 pm
The type of spirit this occurred with:

multiple members of my keep
How long the issue lasted:

Two days
How you solved it: [ie. banishing, coming to a conclusion, appeasing them]
Much apologizing and many treats/offerings. I also have to forgive myself.
Key mistakes you think you've made (and how you'll move on from them):
I didn't listen, due to past experience from before I was a spiritkeeper and therefore I thought I 'already knew the lay of the land.'
The story:
This happened about a month or so ago. My cat was showing signs of having a severe allergic reaction to some medication, but before I could get him to the vet, he disappeared. I looked everywhere and even asked my keep to find him, but to past experience of having other cats do the same thing over the years, I was sure he was gone.

I started two days of hard mourning. My keep repeatedly kept telling me to look in this particular spot. I kept saying, "No, no - I looked there, plus I know from experience that I'll never see him again."

"Look here. Look HERE. LOOK. HERE."
"No, no, no. I did look. Plus, if he is there in a spot I missed, I can't bear to see his lifeless body..."
"LOOK. HERE."
"No, he's gone..."

So, after those two days of mourning, my cat returned, weak, still showing signs of an allergic reaction, but alive. I got him to the vet and he recovered.

So, yeah. All these months of training ourselves how to communicate with each other, to find things and geocaching, they did exactly as I asked and I basically said "No, this is not what you've been training for." Granted, I was grieving, but I didn't even allow for the knowledge that they could see and know what I couldn't. I feel like in some ways, I'm still making up for that.

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra

Return to “What Went Wrong?”