Protection of Children: Charm-Rite of Holda (May Day)

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

As we near May Day there are a number of rituals I am planning and magics I will be casting. One figure important to me around this time is the Germanic witch-mother, Holda. She is typically regarded as a goddess of the Winter, but the fact is that magic with her presence is best planted now, to fruit and be harvested fully by the colder months - that further labors are not necessary by then, and the hearth-warmth of her influence can be free to bless us where most direly needed.
Those privy to her mysteries know that Mother Goose is Holda in one of her disguises, and she holds a great deal of power over fairytale magic.

This is a fairytale magic, traditional witchcraft charm-rite of protection to children. While it does bring a sense of comfort over foreboding, it is not a light and fluffy magic in nature because it is serious protection that must focus itself on any/all potentials of danger to children (and the vulnerable, by extension).
If you have any children in your life who you care about, or just want to contribute energy to the intention of protecting children, you can opt into this working below for free - this is a community service I am wishing to offer which is why it is posted in the section you find it in. Just posting below will include you.
This can extend to animals you consider to be your children as a lot of us feel this way about our fur/feather/fin/creature-babies.

The desire to protect those vulnerable is all that is necessary from you for this to work. You are contributing to the power of the magic by opting in below as the energy pool of intent strengthens, and inviting that magic to protect those you have in heart.

Holda, or Frau Holle, is known to protect children and govern magic regarding children as well as animals and vulnerable of the land. She appears as the kindly mother figure and wicked hag alike,to send home the fierce duality in that aforementioned task and reality of magic. She can sometimes manifest accompanied by the spirits of children passed, whom she keeps close and they aid in her magic.

This work will be concluded on May 2nd, 2022.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

This is wonderful! Count me in <3

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I might be interested. I don't care for children at all but animals and nature are what I care about, all I care about really and protecting them is important to me.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Oh yes please this sounds awesome, thank you!

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Can you direct some of these energies to Ukraine or other war torn countries? Or is this going to all children equally?

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I’d like to join in! Thank you!

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

stormdancer wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:48 am Can you direct some of these energies to Ukraine or other war torn countries? Or is this going to all children equally?
Yes, absolutely this is all children or vulnerable, it is intended to protect those who most need it as they most need it. (Side note - I have been doing magic in support to Ukraine separately from this, so it would be boosted).
Aurum wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:54 pm I might be interested. I don't care for children at all but animals and nature are what I care about, all I care about really and protecting them is important to me.
That's perfectly alright. And your comment makes me feel that I should reinforce for anyone unsure - you don't need to have or want children to be involved in this - whatever your intention, if it fits into what I've described then that works. Your care for animals and nature would be what is taken into focus if that is where your heart is set.

. . .

I don't have children of my own but there are atrocious abuses happening to kids everywhere, every day and many are in immediate danger where they would not have been previously with current situations such as the war going on; the same goes for animals and others that cannot do much to help themselves or may find themselves lost, even overlooked in these circumstances. I'm particularly passionate about defending the vulnerable from such injustices as long as they may inevitably be forced into these realities.
For those at risk of more individualistic struggle, illness, accident, etc. this charm-rite is just as protective/nurturing, so a blessing in one way or another to all creatures who receive it!

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Good to know. Thanks! ./< The other day I was watching a news show and they were talking about the psychological damage that is being done to those poor kids from the Ukraine. With therapy and treatment they can bounce back, however mental health is taking a backseat to basic survival. And there's not enough resources to go around.

I've got Ukraine on the brain as I'm stating to feel a call to help them magickally- but I haven't worked out the details as of yet.

Anyhoo count me in and let me know what I need to do. Thank you for doing this and allowing us to help.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Alena
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: hellhound
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Count me in.