Spinach Artichoke Dip

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

This is my go to recipe if I want to bring something over. It's super easy, a guaranteed crowdpleaser, and PSSST it's somewhat healthy. But don't tell anyone about that last part OK?

1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 c light sour cream
1/2 c grated Parmesan
1 c shredded part-skim mozzarella
8 oz light cream cheese, softened
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Squeeze all excess liquid from spinach, place in a food processor with sour cream, Parmesan, 1/2 c. of the mozzarella, the cream cheese, garlic, pepper and hot sauce.

Process until just blended but still slightly lumpy. Add artichokes and pulse to form a chunky mixture. Place in a 1-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella.

Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.

You can use it as a veggie dip, but I like using Tostitos Scoops.

It you want to make clean up easier, you can use bread bowls. Just make sure you scoop out enough of the bread that you have more dip than bread without putting a hole is the bowl. Also wrap the bread bowl with foil to prevent from burning. The cooking time is not affected. If you have a Panera near you, you need 4 of their bread bowls for one batch of dip. Just make sure you scoop out some of the insides.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Crap. Forgot to mention to make sure you drain the spinach after it's been thawed. Otherwise the dip gets too soupy.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I love this stuff but never have made it myself, will be trying this recipe out. Especially like the hot sauce addition.. I'm one of those who loves and can tolerate high heat so would probably up that a notch just for me (not by putting in more sauce.. but maybe using Reaper pepper sauce - LOL).

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:08 pm I love this stuff but never have made it myself, will be trying this recipe out. Especially like the hot sauce addition.. I'm one of those who loves and can tolerate high heat so would probably up that a notch just for me (not by putting in more sauce.. but maybe using Reaper pepper sauce - LOL).
Reaper sauce?!? I'm impressed- and yet somehow not surprised. You made some unholy bargain to line your insides with asbestos didn't you? ;*D

But if you do try it let me know what you think.

I must admit it never occurred to me to try a stronger hot sauce- I just grab whatever is lying around (Frank's, Cholula, etc). So I may have to give that a try. I tend to go heavy on the garlic instead- so it would be a nice change of pace.

Return to “Dinner to Die For”