Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: LillithEve
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:33 pm
Neter wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:02 pm I use the command and instruct together.

Command, for me, is more like the request to pay attention. Like a teacher at the head of the class, general at the head of the army, or the CEO at the head of the boardroom.

Instruct is self-explanatory.

I also use absorb, adapt, and exert all together to boost my personal energies, power, and connection.
That is similar to how I did use the command word yesterday but only after speaking to all as a group before beginning so I already knew they were all gathered around. I also let them know in advance that if anyone does not want to partipate for some reason that it is okay as well. They knew I was uncomfortable with that particular word and were very comforting and reassuring.
It says somewhere along the lines in this forum I believe by magnolia that you cannot force your companions to do something and I do not want to force or command them at anything.
I see them as my friends, my family, not my slaves. I want them to do things because THEY want to not because they are forced to. Idk.. Maybe I'm to soft as a keeper.. Either way though I'm going to do what feels right to me.. I feel respect goes both ways and every individual has their own boundries. When it comes to something like me absorbing their power and energy for whatever the particular reason is I feel that they should have a choice and not be commanded. I believe all will willingly come join in on their own by simply asking them to with the "instruct" code word.
I actually have a "Just Chill" team for those who just want to chill or hangout. All my tasks are on a volunteer basis although I do tend to attract and be more attracted companions who like to get tasks done.

My personal companion family is more like..um...soldiers in the military for lack of a better example. Some like to be on the base all of the time. Some like to complete their "mission" and go home and spend time with their families until called upon again. Others like to blow off steam after a mission of "base" until the next one. Some rather be just left alone to do what they do. Others get together for the occasional bbq. I have a cornucopia of personalities and tastes and all are beloved.

0:) >:) ||.||
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Apologies. I misread your first post as meaning the actual codeword itself made you uncomfortable. I think I understand your dilemma more clearly now....you don't like the idea of 'command' itself over your spirits.

To clarify this for certain, why not ask CH support what they had in mind when they created the 'Command' codeword? For example, you could explain your concerns about overriding your spirits' consent and ask whether that is what the Command codeword does. They may not have programmed the codeword to do what you're concerned it might.

My understanding is that CH repeatedly say in their materials that the basis for our relationship with our spirits, as Keepers, should be Respect & Friendship. So I can't see any of their items being able to be used to force them to act against their free will - especially as that would fit the definition of Black Arts and CH are against BA ways of working.

In real life also, thinking of an example, even knights who had sworn fealty to a King would refuse, if they were being asked to do things against their code of honour that they didn't want to do. I'm also wondering what the consequence would be for a spirit that refused to act on a command. Nothing, I think.

But best ask CH, in my opinion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

Lewk wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:26 pm Apologies. I misread your first post as meaning the actual codeword itself made you uncomfortable. I think I understand your dilemma more clearly now....you don't like the idea of 'command' itself over your spirits.

To clarify this for certain, why not ask CH support what they had in mind when they created the 'Command' codeword? For example, you could explain your concerns about overriding your spirits' consent and ask whether that is what the Command codeword does. They may not have programmed the codeword to do what you're concerned it might.

My understanding is that CH repeatedly say in their materials that the basis for our relationship with our spirits, as Keepers, should be Respect & Friendship. So I can't see any of their items being able to be used to force them to act against their free will - especially as that would fit the definition of Black Arts and CH are against BA ways of working.

In real life also, thinking of an example, even knights who had sworn fealty to a King would refuse, if they were being asked to do things against their code of honour that they didn't want to do. I'm also wondering what the consequence would be for a spirit that refused to act on a command. Nothing, I think.

But best ask CH, in my opinion.
Yes thank you Lewk and I did send a message to CH this morning about it so I am sure I will get a better understanding soon 😊

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:43 pm Yes thank you Lewk and I did send a message to CH this morning about it so I am sure I will get a better understanding soon 😊
:)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”