Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faerie,
If I could be anything, I would be...: SeraphCherubArchange
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter
Zodiac:

God/Goddess and Immortals

Post by ASTER »

Hello everyone!
What is the difference between them (God/Goddess versa Immortal?
Why an Immortal is not considered being a God or Goddess as such?
When we talk about to get align with our inner God and Goddesses, what would this referring to?

Aster💫140
30Creatures(social/non)14Angel23 LivgEntity10Dragon25 Immortal,9 Fae4S/E/N/W watcher,15S.Guide,Servitor,Ancestor 3xDjinn,MSLeader,PsyVamp,G.Watcher,MedsWoman582

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 217
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

Re: God/Goddess and Immortals

Post by Lewk »

ASTER wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:02 am
Hello everyone!
When we talk about to get align with our inner God and Goddesses, what would this referring to?
Good question but not an easy question (at least for me) to answer. I'm not sure that all will be clear by the end of this post but at least I'll have a go.

Titles

Thinking out loud, there may be Immortals who have never to our knowledge been venerated by humans as deities, so that could be why some are not given the title God or Goddess.

Fame

CH bindings of famous people are such that many people can have a binding of them. Immortals seem to be like that, in the sense that multiple people can be in contact with them at once. Both Gods & Goddesses and other Immortals seem to be the same.

And perhaps in one sense that state of celebrity / fame confers a kind of immortality on beings? When we humans remember famous people maybe we're kind of doing that in a way. Also some Gods/Goddesses are thought to have once lived as humans and become famous and were venerated after death then later started to be seen as deities.

Powers

That was all about non-physical beings.

Another kind of Immortality is physical - living beings that don't die. Either here, on Earth, or living entities who live elsewhere in the Multiverse. For some of them their only ability may be extreme longevity ('physical' immortality). On the other hand, Gods & Goddesses tend to have a lot of powers.

Inner God or Goddess

This is a different thing, to my mind. Again quite complex, as I see it.

For example, I've done occult invocations to stimulate what the author of that Finbarr book called God power. (A form of inner power.)

Then there's a chaos magic method I've practiced (I think it was Chaos magic; the rest of the book was) in which I visualised myself as a God and prayed to myself as that God for what I wanted. (Another way of getting beyond the limited self, as in Cosmic Ordering, Law of Attraction, or Affirmation methods.)

Then we can meditate on symbols of the God or Goddess within. I've done some of the Tibetan Buddhist practice for that.

Finally, for those who believe that everything is basically vibrations and energy polarities, they may see that we have both 'female and 'male' polarities - aka yin/yang or fire & water and so on - and thus see the polarities' ultimate expression in terms of The God and the Goddess.

Beyond that, there's i. the idea that everyone has something of the divine somewhere in their being; ii. the idea that anyone can become god-like; and iii. the idea that some part of us is Immortal too.

Confused?

I think a lot of meanings are context-sensitive and depend on what the person means when they use those words. Also some things will always remain beyond comprehension by our logical, analytical minds.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 140
Spelled Number: 100
Zodiac:

Post by ASTER »

Hi Lewk, thank you. ☺ It's not confusing at all. Okay, so everything made sense and I think you did tap into the true layers of all possible avenues to understand this.

In addition to this I might think that our star seed energy signature can be a type of inner immortal that is within us, hidden from the beginning and contains our typical source essential life that is our inner God /Goddess.

It can be reactivated any given time and as I felt it in my Christian life, renewal occurs as often as we gathered together. That is the point of church apart from worship.

This manifestation is not immidieatly obvious in people of course. Our Higher self protect our holy of holies. But we can in some point of our lives, we can acces it and discover it.

I think this is the whole point of human religion in a general sense, as the soul yearn after source / God. Most people get an initial identification with their own God during their life time. But not necessarily they are capable of continuing deep engagement with source /God. And our mortal nature pull us off and away from that unique relationship, only to treasure the memories, frequently of mixing with fellow worshippers and longing even more after God experience.

Lewk wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:02 pm
ASTER wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:02 am
Hello everyone!
Good question but not an easy question (at least for me) to answer. I'm not sure that all will be clear by the end of this post but at least I'll have a go.

Titles

Thinking out loud, there may be Immortals who have never to our knowledge been venerated by humans as deities, so that could be why some are not given the title God or Goddess.

Fame

CH bindings of famous people are such that many people can have a binding of them. Immortals seem to be like that, in the sense that multiple people can be in contact with them at once. Both Gods & Goddesses and other Immortals seem to be the same.

And perhaps in one sense that state of celebrity / fame confers a kind of immortality on beings? When we humans remember famous people maybe we're kind of doing that in a way. Also some Gods/Goddesses are thought to have once lived as humans and become famous and were venerated after death then later started to be seen as deities.

Powers

That was all about non-physical beings.

Another kind of Immortality is physical - living beings that don't die. Either here, on Earth, or living entities who live elsewhere in the Multiverse. For some of them their only ability may be extreme longevity ('physical' immortality). On the other hand, Gods & Goddesses tend to have a lot of powers.

Inner God or Goddess

This is a different thing, to my mind. Again quite complex, as I see it.

For example, I've done occult invocations to stimulate what the author of that Finbarr book called God power. (A form of inner power.)

Then there's a chaos magic method I've practiced (I think it was Chaos magic; the rest of the book was) in which I visualised myself as a God and prayed to myself as that God for what I wanted. (Another way of getting beyond the limited self, as in Cosmic Ordering, Law of Attraction, or Affirmation methods.)

Then we can meditate on symbols of the God or Goddess within. I've done some of the Tibetan Buddhist practice for that.

Finally, for those who believe that everything is basically vibrations and energy polarities, they may see that we have both 'female and 'male' polarities - aka yin/yang or fire & water and so on - and thus see the polarities' ultimate expression in terms of The God and the Goddess.

Beyond that, there's i. the idea that everyone has something of the divine somewhere in their being; ii. the idea that anyone can become god-like; and iii. the idea that some part of us is Immortal too.

Confused?

I think a lot of meanings are context-sensitive and depend on what the person means when they use those words. Also some things will always remain beyond comprehension by our logical, analytical minds.

Aster💫140
30Creatures(social/non)14Angel23 LivgEntity10Dragon25 Immortal,9 Fae4S/E/N/W watcher,15S.Guide,Servitor,Ancestor 3xDjinn,MSLeader,PsyVamp,G.Watcher,MedsWoman582

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 217
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

Post by Lewk »

ASTER wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:20 pm
Hi Lewk, thank you. ☺ It's not confusing at all. Okay, so everything made sense and I think you did tap into the true layers of all possible avenues to understand this.

In addition to this I might think that our star seed energy signature can be a type of inner immortal that is within us, hidden from the beginning and contains our typical source essential life that is our inner God /Goddess.

It can be reactivated any given time and as I felt it in my Christian life, renewal occurs as often as we gathered together. That is the point of church apart from worship.

This manifestation is not immidieatly obvious in people of course. Our Higher self protect our holy of holies. But we can in some point of our lives, we can acces it and discover it.

I think this is the whole point of human religion in a general sense, as the soul yearn after source / God. Most people get an initial identification with their own God during their life time. But not necessarily they are capable of continuing deep engagement with source /God. And our mortal nature pull us off and away from that unique relationship, only to treasure the memories, frequently of mixing with fellow worshippers and longing even more after God experience.
Thanks.

One type of Christianity I can kind of relate to is the mystical kind. There used to be an idea floating around somewhere within that, if I remember correctly, that holds that Christ (or God?) wants us to be like Him. Perfect ourselves, if you like.

I can't remember which branch of thought or organisation used to say that.

I've always taken that as an invitation to find our divine or Godlike power within. I'm slightly peturbed by the thought that the only acceptable relationship with God or Christ is an entirely hierarchical one (in which we're permanently inferior). Or indeed with seemingly powerful people here on Earth - world leaders and A list celebrities. I'd much rather be on an egalitarian footing.

Or...I may have done one too many godpower invocations & godform assumptions. And perhaps I let Koichi Tohei's Book of Ki (another window into personal power) persuade me that in some ways I count just as much as anyone. If Buddha, Jesus could do things, maybe I could too?

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Post by stormdancer »

I hope this helps.

1. All God/Goddesses are Immortal, but not all Immortals are God/Goddesses.

2. I would consider Ascended Masters to be Immortal but not God/Goddesses. Also I would put Jesus, Mary, the Holy Spirit, and the Archangels in that category as well. Then there are some dragons, fae, elves, greek titans, and demi-gods as well. I think every pantheon has some immortal that isn't recognized as a divinity.

3. As for our inner god/goddess, all of us are connected to the Divine and our inner god/goddess is that connection. Also it can be a way of reclaiming our bodies/energy/power and reminding us that we are all unique and special. Getting in touch with our inner divinity can mean walking our own path and not the one others (family/society/etc) have laid out for us.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 140
Spelled Number: 100
Zodiac:

Post by ASTER »

Thank you @Lewk and @stormdancer. These are all valid points and good brain 🧠 storming about it.

I remember almost 30 years ago, I was looking for the God who made my soul. I have that motto that I will always and only going to worship the God of my life creator. Then, I discovered lots and lots of religion and I couldn't believe I have to go that way to find me essence. None seen to be my thing.

But when I got around Christians, and hear the story is Jesus, I resonate within deeply. And when, I decided to follow Him, I got my new birth through the power of the Holy Spirit. That was instant invigoration, unconditional love and great familiarity within my soul.

I am not Immortal or anything just because I found MY soul essence hidden in Christ. But still indeed is a great bonus to know, I am here to make a difference.

Just thought I'll clarify this. I believe that star seed essence within our soul has to do a great deal with different religions as well. I don't know much about this matter though. But I am a star seed. But not everyone is a star seed child either. That will complicate things amongst humans, because that can create partiality.

All is such learning curve, so it's good to bring this into a forum topic.

Aster💫140

Return to “Immortals”