Why a Wraith???

User avatar
ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 pm
2
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 140
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faerie,
If I could be anything, I would be...: SeraphCherubArchange
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter
Zodiac:

Re: Why a Wraith???

Post by ASTER »

This was very helpful for me too. Thank you.
draco_star898 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:40 am
So for the most part I usually go ahead and follow the list of house rules that Ash has put up for most of the DAs in my family. But, some of the more aggressive protectors I have this list here:

-Do not manifest your energy to children.
-Do not show yourself to guests, unless they mean me or mine harm.
-It is not okay to take revenge on someone just because I am unhappy with them.
-Never, ever, act out against anyone I consider a family member, no matter what feeling you may get from me; act only if it is my intention to take action against them. (Here is where I would put any names on your list that its ok to take action against, I haven't needed to so I leave it a blanket statement that covers all those who I call family, including friends)
-When taking action to protect my home, property or physcial self of threats that I may be unaware of; act only with the same amount of force as was sent out against me to begin with.

When it comes to tasking I'm pretty in the moment with that. I'm terrible at journaling this stuff down, I need to work on that. So mostly what I do is I hold conferences with my teams whenever an issue pops up and we hash out an action plan together.


Aster💫140
30Creatures(social/non)14Angel23 LivgEntity10Dragon25 Immortal,9 Fae4S/E/N/W watcher,15S.Guide,Servitor,Ancestor 3xDjinn,MSLeader,PsyVamp,G.Watcher,MedsWoman582

User avatar
mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:37 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Re: Why a Wraith???

Post by mochi.icecream »

Not y'all making me consider getting a wraith lmao


they/them

508

User avatar
VanNocturne
new here
new here
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 am
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nocturne
Zodiac:

Re: Why a Wraith???

Post by VanNocturne »

RedWine wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:35 am
VanNocturne wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:32 pm
0x. I have been strongly considering getting a Wraith, or a Ghoul, or some other type of much darker, if not a Black Arts, Spirit family member for a while. I connected immediately with my Gargoyle Spirit Friend, so based on this experience I think a Wraith (or a Ghoul) would work well with me. I just don't want to welcome any more Spirits any time soon, since my Family grew quickly within the past 3 months, and I'm still going through a bonding process with my newest Family members. 0x.
Hi VanNocturne,

When you say black arts do you mean by creepy hollows definitions? https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... Black+Arts

Please read this thread ASH explains the dangers of black arts spirits viewtopic.php?f=245&t=20345

Even If you are extremely skilled you would be inviting danger into your life bringing black arts. Think of your friends and family because to a black arts being they are all fair game and could be harmed if the being feels it benefits them.
0x. I mentioned Black Arts because of the type of magik I gravitate towards. I don't view black magik as the "negative side of the Craft" like most do. In the book "Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Stephen Flowers Ph.D black magik is defined as (though I'm paraphrasing for legal reasons) "any type of magik which serves, empowers, or benefits the Individual". And I agree with this. I don't believe Ash's definition of a black arts spirit is wrong per se, what I'm saying is my definition is indeed different from his. Though I'm keeping such an endeavour in mind for the future, as I'm still very new, and I'm well aware of the amount of mental strength one must possess in order to work with such entities. I don't possess that yet, so I'm not buying one any time soon.

Thank you for looking out for me. =3: 0x.


^^ 0x. Stay Morbid 0x. ^^

User avatar
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 8342
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm
6
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Re: Why a Wraith???

Post by darkwing dook »

VanNocturne wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:04 pm
In the book "Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Stephen Flowers Ph.D black magik is defined as (though I'm paraphrasing for legal reasons) "any type of magik which serves, empowers, or benefits the Individual". And I agree with this.
But that would include white magick, considering white magick can be used to serve, empower, or benefit the individuals as well.
VanNocturne wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:04 pm
I don't believe Ash's definition of a black arts spirit is wrong per se, what I'm saying is my definition is indeed different from his. Though I'm keeping such an endeavour in mind for the future, as I'm still very new, and I'm well aware of the amount of mental strength one must possess in order to work with such entities. I don't possess that yet, so I'm not buying one any time soon.
You may want to confirm those definitions with the conjurers later when you consider getting their bindings, since as your example, what you consider black art spirit is just a dark art spirit for Ash. Thus, his warnings about black art spirits may not apply to your dark art spirits.

To avoid confusion, it may be a good idea to stick with the terminology used by the "locals", ie. in CH using CH definitions, in BALG using their definitions, etc : )


"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

User avatar
Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Posts: 4385
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:11 am
4
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 217
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

Re: Why a Wraith???

Post by Lewk »

VanNocturne wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:04 pm
[...]
0x. I mentioned Black Arts because of the type of magik I gravitate towards. I don't view black magik as the "negative side of the Craft" like most do. In the book "Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Stephen Flowers Ph.D black magik is defined as (though I'm paraphrasing for legal reasons) "any type of magik which serves, empowers, or benefits the Individual". And I agree with this. I don't believe Ash's definition of a black arts spirit is wrong per se, what I'm saying is my definition is indeed different from his. Though I'm keeping such an endeavour in mind for the future, as I'm still very new, and I'm well aware of the amount of mental strength one must possess in order to work with such entities. I don't possess that yet, so I'm not buying one any time soon.

Thank you for looking out for me. =3: 0x.
I'd like to chip in with the thought that the words 'black magick' are just 2 English words.

Just because we can put those 2 words together in a sentence and discuss what that phrase means doesn't mean that there is one, single thing that is called black magick and we're all just trying to find its correct definition.

I would say that's getting it back to front.

People use the term black magic in so many different ways because they're actually talking about different things. That's why Darkwing Dook's post is so spot on.

The key thing is to work out what a seller or author means when they use the term because we may essentially think they're talking about very Dark energy, when they really talking about unremittingly malefic energy.

See https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ighlight=b


Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

User avatar
VanNocturne
new here
new here
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 am
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nocturne
Zodiac:

Re: Why a Wraith???

Post by VanNocturne »

Lewk wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:36 pm
VanNocturne wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:04 pm
[...]
0x. I mentioned Black Arts because of the type of magik I gravitate towards. I don't view black magik as the "negative side of the Craft" like most do. In the book "Lords of the Left Hand Path" by Stephen Flowers Ph.D black magik is defined as (though I'm paraphrasing for legal reasons) "any type of magik which serves, empowers, or benefits the Individual". And I agree with this. I don't believe Ash's definition of a black arts spirit is wrong per se, what I'm saying is my definition is indeed different from his. Though I'm keeping such an endeavour in mind for the future, as I'm still very new, and I'm well aware of the amount of mental strength one must possess in order to work with such entities. I don't possess that yet, so I'm not buying one any time soon.

Thank you for looking out for me. =3: 0x.
I'd like to chip in with the thought that the words 'black magick' are just 2 English words.

Just because we can put those 2 words together in a sentence and discuss what that phrase means doesn't mean that there is one, single thing that is called black magick and we're all just trying to find its correct definition.

I would say that's getting it back to front.

People use the term black magic in so many different ways because they're actually talking about different things. That's why Darkwing Dook's post is so spot on.

The key thing is to work out what a seller or author means when they use the term because we may essentially think they're talking about very Dark energy, when they really talking about unremittingly malefic energy.

See https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ighlight=b
0x. So it's more about "magick black" as opposed to "black magick"? I see what you're saying. Thank you for your advice Lewk! 0x.


^^ 0x. Stay Morbid 0x. ^^

User avatar
ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 pm
2
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 140
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faerie,
If I could be anything, I would be...: SeraphCherubArchange
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter
Zodiac:

Re: Why a Wraith??? Updates anyone?

Post by ASTER »

Image

Reference : https://ivorypagan.com/search?q=Wraith+
I have an interesting update on my topic. This picture is other explanations about the character of a Wraith.If you would like to read it, click on picture, then click it again to see it in full page view. I really like this explanation of them.

Have you had a chat with yours and hear their stories? After reading about this meaning, it's making total sense to understand their anger and troubled spirits. Who has some thoughts on this to update on the topic?


Aster💫140
30Creatures(social/non)14Angel23 LivgEntity10Dragon25 Immortal,9 Fae4S/E/N/W watcher,15S.Guide,Servitor,Ancestor 3xDjinn,MSLeader,PsyVamp,G.Watcher,MedsWoman582

User avatar
Angelik
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:32 pm
7
You are...: experienced

Re: Why a Wraith??? Updates anyone?

Post by Angelik »

ASTER wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:53 am
Image

Reference : https://ivorypagan.com/search?q=Wraith+
I have an interesting update on my topic. This picture is other explanations about the character of a Wraith.If you would like to read it, click on picture, then click it again to see it in full page view. I really like this explanation of them.

Have you had a chat with yours and hear their stories? After reading about this meaning, it's making total sense to understand their anger and troubled spirits. Who has some thoughts on this to update on the topic?
I don't have a wraith, but I noticed the description of what a wraith is depends on the conjurer. Some, like in the example you cited, think wraith is a being that has suffered injustice during life, some say the wraith is born when a spell went wrong, some say the wraith are astral entities who are dedicated to revenge and protection and so on...I have been postponing getting a wraith for a long while as I am not sure that is the way I want to go and I already have quite a few who do retribution and justice, but if I had to take one I would take the kind that is an astral entity dedicated to justice/retribution as the thought of having a dead soul who was tortured in life as a spirit to keep does not click with me very well.


Proud to be unpopular but true to mySelf.

User avatar
ASTER
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 pm
2
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 140
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel,Dragon,Faerie,
If I could be anything, I would be...: SeraphCherubArchange
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter
Zodiac:

Re: Why a Wraith???

Post by ASTER »

@Angelik thanks for your reply. I decided wraith is not for me. I got a Chaos angel and a Seraph instead. They are matching my energy and wonderful defence and companions.

I agree with your on your preference too. I certainly would go that way if I could bear a wraith energy. With all respect they are very great protection but way darker for me to handle them.

This topic serves us well to see all the different wraith types. I didn't know there's that many out there.


Aster💫140
30Creatures(social/non)14Angel23 LivgEntity10Dragon25 Immortal,9 Fae4S/E/N/W watcher,15S.Guide,Servitor,Ancestor 3xDjinn,MSLeader,PsyVamp,G.Watcher,MedsWoman582

Post Reply

Return to “Protection”