new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sasha Shadowmend
Zodiac:

Good evening all,

A little backstory....I've been having an ongoing problem at work being the target of two bullies. I am a happily married gay woman, but the girlfriend of our maintenance man took EXTREME offense to him fixing a part on my car last June. I bought the part, he put it in. She went off the deep end because "he shouldn't do nice things for other girls" exact quote. Before this, we were all friendly. We had even gone out for drinks outside of work a few times. Basically since then, she threw a fit and neither of them will speak to me, are very rude to me, spread vicious gossip, etc etc. Its literally insane how two adults ten years older than me are acting.

It has caused me quite a bit of pain and anger. I feel like I did nothing to deserve this treatment. So, today I brought my two hellhounds, wraith, and ankou to work with me. It was my day to bond with them. I asked them to protect me and stop the negativity. To return the malicious intentions back to them. Later in the day, my boss came to reprimand me about a lie someone made up about me to get me in trouble. I have never had problems at work before, never been in trouble, get along with everyone. I'm confused why my spirits seem to ignore my requests for protection and I had an even worse day than anticipated.

Has anyone else had experiences like this? Am I doing something wrong? Sorry, it's just been a crappy day.

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." - W.B. Yeats

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath

|..| X..X 0..0 \:* ^^ 0x. <3 \/

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Sorry to hear that you had such a @.@ day. ()

If you're communication is good with them, I would try asking what happened when you are in a calmer frame of mind.

Could be that they did act and it may take a while for the results to manifest. Or it could be that they did stop the bulk of it and that is what slipped though.

If the environment is that toxic, you may want to consider looking for another job.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Let me say this, your companions are on it. I can't even imagine with a wraith in your keep that those who are doing this to you will get away with this any longer.

I think, since you just tasked them recently, they will also has to check out what is going on behind the scenes first to know how to reverse the negative effects on you. You also got spirit guides and your higher self that might not let your companions to act upon this immediately.

Try to keep in touch with your spirits and meantime, try to be a little patient. Believe me, I went through last year of very similar workplace bullying and I worry myself literally sick. Just went back to work after 3 months of recuperation.

During this time, all my companions worked hard behind the scenes and physical changes occurred that I wouldn't even think would be possible. All was due to me got being sick. Which was not fun at the time and yet needed to shake thing up in us and restore workplace harmony.

During my time off, everyone relased that I am a vital part in job share and they couldn't do without me. They got a lesson to learn. I got a lesson to learn too. Trust timing in your situation and I am sure that you companions will return the favour to your opponents in due time.

Let us know 😏 cheers.
sasha_shadowmend wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:30 am Good evening all,

A little backstory....I've been having an ongoing problem at work being the target of two bullies. I am a happily married gay woman, but the girlfriend of our maintenance man took EXTREME offense to him fixing a part on my car last June. I bought the part, he put it in. She went off the deep end because "he shouldn't do nice things for other girls" exact quote. Before this, we were all friendly. We had even gone out for drinks outside of work a few times. Basically since then, she threw a fit and neither of them will speak to me, are very rude to me, spread vicious gossip, etc etc. Its literally insane how two adults ten years older than me are acting.

It has caused me quite a bit of pain and anger. I feel like I did nothing to deserve this treatment. So, today I brought my two hellhounds, wraith, and ankou to work with me. It was my day to bond with them. I asked them to protect me and stop the negativity. To return the malicious intentions back to them. Later in the day, my boss came to reprimand me about a lie someone made up about me to get me in trouble. I have never had problems at work before, never been in trouble, get along with everyone. I'm confused why my spirits seem to ignore my requests for protection and I had an even worse day than anticipated.

Has anyone else had experiences like this? Am I doing something wrong? Sorry, it's just been a crappy day.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Like the others already mentioned: Usually tasking takes time to manifest in our physical realm.
It could be, that they looked at the situation and evaluated, that a different job would be the best option to go with. But they would not cause you instant trouble. I'd rather see it like this: They brought attention to this lie going on and gave you the opportunity to resolve that with a superior.

Sending a warm hug and supportive energies your way!

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hope this Situation gets resolved soon! One way or another...

I have nothing more to add then the others already said other then... If you stated your Task to them clear, then they are on it... Its just that the results and the workings of them is not directly what you imagined it to be (isnt that usually that case? :) )... It should also depend on the charakter and personality of your Companions what kind of measures they take, what results they want to manifest etc. ... Maybe they aim at a result like ASTER had? You finding another Job and the realiszing you where a vital Part I mean (hopefully NOT you becoming sick first^^"), or the Boss realiszing/finding out that THEY are the ones spouting Nonsense about you, turning all the lies and rumors they threw arround agaist them etc. ... Who knows?

Also.. what about they can do... It also depends on your House-Rules. Does your House-Rules for example state, that no one is to be hurt? Damage is to be minimized? I think sometimes, that the House Rules and the Respect towards you, showing in the deed of upholding them, is what narrows down their Tools they would or could work with instead (Having those Spirits Tasked on that, I imagine the proper House-Rules to be in place... :) ).

And again, may TOTALLY different will happen, who nows... we have, as humans and emotional beings, always the human-viewpoint and, espacially in cases such this, the emotional viewpoint (wich is valid until certain point I want to say!). You gave out the Task, now you sit and Trust and keep being Steadfast!

May the best possible result manifest at the End of All this!

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
sasha_shadowmend
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks everyone. I already feel calmer about the situation. I am a very sensitive and emotional person, so I tend to take things to heart very easily.

Also, I am so relieved to see how kind and supportive everyone is here. My initial post may have seemed a bit garbled and rushed. I guess I am just used to online forums like Reddit, where the first thing commenters will do is tear you apart and try to insinuate that somehow I brought the circumstances upon myself. Perhaps I did ultimately by working there, but I will say that while I am in no ways perfect, this particular situation literally came out of nowhere. I was, and still am astounded, that something so petty caused such a big row. Everyone who knows about it tells me to be the bigger person and that she is obviously insecure and blah blah, but I am very tied of being a doormat for people to treat so poorly. We have a rather small staff and the tension it creates is very noticeable.

I will be more patient. I am looking to better my life, but it is tough since I have worked hard to reach a level of pay that will support me and it's hard to find something similar. But you are all right, eventually a change is needed to make my life better. I know I shouldn't expect so much out of my spirits so quickly, I guess I took other people's experiences to heart a little bit. I'll try to improve my communication and relationship with them. Maybe my doubts are clouding my perception.
Last edited by sasha_shadowmend on Sat May 14, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." - W.B. Yeats

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I really hope it goes well! A good atmosphere between workers is soooo essential to the overall mood and mental health...
One thing I wish to add to the following thing you said:

"Perhaps I did ultimately by working there"

No. Please do not start like that... You started to work there because it was necessary and/or you liked it at the beginning. Its like saying... "Its partially my fault for existing here...". That Mindset you know... I feel that words like that only Gaslight you, so... The circumstances are because of someones pettyness, not because of you starting to work there :)

So, sorry for the bit Off-Topic :D

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
sasha_shadowmend
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:29 pm I really hope it goes well! A good atmosphere between workers is soooo essential to the overall mood and mental health...
One thing I wish to add to the following thing you said:

"Perhaps I did ultimately by working there"

No. Please do not start like that... You started to work there because it was necessary and/or you liked it at the beginning. Its like saying... "Its partially my fault for existing here...". That Mindset you know... I feel that words like that only Gaslight you, so... The circumstances are because of someones pettyness, not because of you starting to work there :)

So, sorry for the bit Off-Topic :D
That is a very genuine statement. Thanks! You are right
I have a habit of putting myself down. Maybe others subconsciously pick up on that and see I'm an easy target for bullying.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:11 am ...

Also.. what about they can do... It also depends on your House-Rules. Does your House-Rules for example state, that no one is to be hurt? Damage is to be minimized? I think sometimes, that the House Rules and the Respect towards you, showing in the deed of upholding them, is what narrows down their Tools they would or could work with instead (Having those Spirits Tasked on that, I imagine the proper House-Rules to be in place... :) ).
Very good point about the House Rules. Didn't think of that. NIcely done!

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

sasha_shadowmend wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:18 am ...
Also, I am so relieved to see how kind and supportive everyone is here. My initial post may have seemed a bit garbled and rushed. I guess I am just used to online forums like Reddit, where the first thing commenters will do is tear you apart and try to insinuate that somehow I brought the circumstances upon myself. Perhaps I did ultimately by working there, but I will say that while I am in no ways perfect, this particular situation literally came out of nowhere. I was, and still am astounded, that something so petty caused such a big row. Everyone who knows about it tells me to be the bigger person and that she is obviously insecure and blah blah, but I am very tied of being a doormat for people to treat so poorly. We have a rather small staff and the tension it creates is very noticeable.

I agree. At some point it stops being about being the bigger person and becomes tacitly encouraging the behavior to persist. At some point you're going to have to tell them that it is not OK. Be prepared for the @.@ to really hit the fan.

You have some DA spirits. Task them with helping you to develop a thicker skin (or shield you from their nonsense), it'll help- especially if you're an empath (which you probably are). Also task them with helping you to develop a spine so you can stand up for yourself.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”