Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So I’m wondering is it possible and common for a practitioner of magick to create a sort of “mask” or illusion/impersonation so that for example.... if I ask a psychic to read an energy that is doing something to me, and the source of that energy has put a magick work on it where anyone or any psychic that “checks” into it or reads it, will see the “mask” or illusion, and think it is the mask/illusion for real, and not see that it is what is really behind it?

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi

There are two methods that come to mind. One is to make a poppet of yourself or a jar (or some kind of a container) for a jar spell. In both cases, you need a taglock of yourself. I'm not sure what else to put inside them so maybe google for details. If done right, those act as decoys so any magic coming to you should end up in a decoy. I'm not sure if it'd work to trick a psychic reader but is worth a try.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Lightningkitsune
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lightningfox
Zodiac:

In addition to what Whyme said, I'd combine the taglock bait/lure with a mirror to reflect the negative back to sender.

CH: Centaur (V) , kitsune (L), gregori watcher (R) , Transylvanian sanguine vampire (B) , Satyr (S), Gryphon (M), Itchyocentaur (A) , Loki

Elsewhere: Woodsman (D), Kappa (K)
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

If the purpose is for you to make others unable to read you then either an illusion shield could accomplish the purpose. Especially if the person is psychic but not into magick they may not even be aware of the possibility that someone may be using something to conceal their real self and project an illusion instead. Now if the person is into magick they may realize you are projecting an illusion and -depending on their ability- may also be able to pierce it and see what's behind it. In my experience though most people don't even consider the possibility of an illusion or projection when they try to read you, so even a simple illusion shield is usually enough to derail them and show them something different.

If the purpose is to have a decoy for yourself because someone is targeting you, what has been already suggested about creating a poppet of yourself is a great way to protect yourself without making the attacker aware that they aren't actually hitting their target (which gives you time to figure out who it is and stop them, whereas if they know their magick isn't hitting the target they will probably try to do something about it).

If the question is whether someone who is attacking you can hide the effects of the magick so if a psychic looks at you or a tarot reader looks for a curse they don't see it then yes, this is possible. Though again, most people don't consider the possibility that their target will think magick is behind their issues and go to a reader or psychic for help so they wouldn't go into the trouble of masking the effects. But if someone hires a professional to attack you and the person they hired is experienced enough, chances are they will attempt to mask what they are doing so it at least can't be traced back to them.

The most obvious/common way I can think of that would have the effect of creating an illusion that hides the presence of the offensive magick is working with the power of the moon. If you suspect that you are being targetted by someone/something and the effects are masked you can petition a lunar spirit to break the illusion and then the effects should be visible to a psychic and show up in tarot readings and divination in general (this could work in cases where a different type of magick was used to conceal the effects of magic done on you other than lunar illusion magick).

In terms of spirits, any spirit that is good at creating illusions and glamours is going to be good at seeing through illusions or breaking them.

Keep in mind that just because something is concealed from readers and psychics that doesn't mean it will be resistant to removing it. The whole purpose of concealing something is so that the person won't suspect that something is wrong and if they do, they will not be able to easily get the help they need. If you know though that you are dealing with a negative energy/curse/hex/jinx the cleansing and uncrossing/curse removal methods that you know should still be effective to remove -or at least weaken- the influence.

There are also bindings in the store both for stopping others from reading you against your permission (if that is your goal) and for rendering a specific person's magick against you impotent without alerting them to the fact that what they are doing isn't hitting the target. I haven't personally tried them, but they are available in the CH store.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”