''Very dark'' What's that's really means

Resources and links to information on Dark Arts creatures.
Arcanae
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires and angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:29 pm Un(e) français(e) ici, j'en connais pas beaucoup qui vont sur le forum ! For your worries,if it is a custom conjuration the being will come according to you energy signature; the energy signature is like your personal ID which will help the conjurer to bind someone suits for you.
Did you tell the conjurer what you wanted to have as being (male/female, friend/teacher/lover relationship, light DA/ Dark DA)? It will help normally in the selection too.
No I did'nt, so I will doing that for the next order!
Oui je suis Canadienne française, ou communément appelé "Québecoise''. Are you from France? :)

^^ The group ^^
M - Silver dragon,H-Courtwind angel,S- Nympho, A- Mononoke, T- Werewolf, Volkh, P- Hellhound, P- Masheba, M- Gryphon, G- english psy vampire, L- Incubus, R- Gregori Watcher, J- Courtwind Angel, N- Reis clan Psy vampire M- Ramidreju P-Butterfly fairy G- Book of the dead vampire Duojna
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Arcanae wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm
Nienna wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:29 pm Un(e) français(e) ici, j'en connais pas beaucoup qui vont sur le forum ! For your worries,if it is a custom conjuration the being will come according to you energy signature; the energy signature is like your personal ID which will help the conjurer to bind someone suits for you.
Did you tell the conjurer what you wanted to have as being (male/female, friend/teacher/lover relationship, light DA/ Dark DA)? It will help normally in the selection too.
No I did'nt, so I will doing that for the next order!
Oui je suis Canadienne française, ou communément appelé "Québecoise''. Are you from France? :)
Ah le Quebec je rêve d'y aller un jour! Oui je suis Française de province, je connais pas de francophone sur CH c'est la première je suis étonnée.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Arcanae wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:34 am They are from CH and it's custom conjuration. For the moment, I don't really sense side effects like I don't have darker though or headache.

How do you know it's too dark for you? In the encyclopedia, I saw the harpie, there are said that these spirits are on the darker side, so in that case I know that's a no for me, but for the others... I don't know.

I don't really know if i'm a darker person myself, if I check on my tastes, I kind of say that I can tend to darker (music, style, movie,books, arts in general), but my personnality, yes and no, I have a bit of temper and a great sense of humor (multiple styles, really), but i'm not violent (just in my head, and yes in my houserules I specified that). I'm the person who think "don't do on others what you don't want what you don't want others could do on you'' ok I don't know if it's clear in english.

So in french " Ne fait pas aux autres ce que tu n'aimerais pas qu'on te fasse'' if someone understand french :)
As I understand it, the CH perspective on how dark we are is something we might intuitively feel ourselves - as you've said - but not so much about having thoughts of violence towards others, as that strays into the 'doing wrong' or 'doing harm' category. I think it has been said here that DA is not really about doing harm or wrong...that is just the capability any being of duplicity has (including humans). However there does seem to be a correlation in that the darker the being the more ready some might be to do harm - but it is not as simple as that.

A grey being can do harm or wrong, as can a darker spirit. A good conjurer (like ASH of CH) will only conjure dark arts spirits that will be good companions to their keeper.

Black arts is not part of that continuum. According to the CH definition (what I understand of it), BA is the polar opposite of WA - they don't have the freedom to choose to do right or wrong. Their nature is only to cause harm and suffering, including to their keeper.

see also
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=62873&p=663450&hi ... ck#p663450
viewtopic.php?f=245&t=20345&hilit=black

and

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... black+arts
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... black+arts

The CH advice in their dark arts book is beginners in keeping DA would do well to start with those on the grey end of the spectrum (eg gargoyles and psy vampires). As has been said, a custom conjure by somone who knows how to do that properly (such as CH) much reduces the energy mismatch and acclimation symptoms.

I believe I lean heavily towards WA but I do have quite a lot of grey-end DA spirits and some that are a bit darker. I am naturally not dark as a personality.

For me, I would not want one of the very darkest energy spirits, even if I was to ask for a custom conjure, as I feel there would be too great an energy gulf and it might be uncomfortable. Going by the CH advice I've read, I am being sensible, rather than timid - if you see what I mean.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Quilin
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

Arcanae wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:33 pm I know what's DA means and kind of dark, but can you give me some examples? According to my listing two of the new members are described as being very dark (hellhound, and sang or psy vamp (I think there are a little error on the listing, but it's a vamp!) .

I just want more specific, practical examples, not just the energy will be more dense in my home or things like that, I could need an adaptation time, it's a responsability, houserules, being firm, not to be impulsive,etc. I already read this on the forum.
I think the reason these were labeled "very dark" is due to their natures. Vampires are predatory. Period. They hunt sentient beings, especially humans. Hellhounds are very loyal but only to the right person. If that person isn't you, you're in trouble. Think "angry dog literally from hell".

Going off 'Vipera's explanation from earlier, I was centered in black when I was younger (absolutist, very severe, very dominating). Working with spirits has let me learn how to dial this down, actually. I function on the "dark" side now when it comes to everyday interaction. Yes, despite my cheery demeanor and upbeat attitude! Some people would call this "affably evil"...
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AffablyEvil

Due to this my scale is warped and my experiences are a little unusual. Here's what I experience.

White arts: That unicorn is about to attack me! This is going to suck. Man, angels sure are stuffy and xenophobic. Call on your god all you want, it won't change me. Eww, sparkles! Hey- where'd my knife go?!? Flipping sprites.

White arts will try to change you to make you "whiter" from what I have seen. If they fail, they won't be happy with you. It doesn't matter if you are willing and want to be changed or not! I have seen angels backlash like demons. People forget that some "demons" are/were angels.

Dark Arts: Wraiths are total bros. Nothing wrong with being a man on a mission. Oh man, watching you shoot that sprite down was awesome! Thanks unseelie friend. Sure you can borrow my knife... have fun. Horns, claws, sharp teeth, shaggy fur... you are cute! CUTE!!! Who wants snuggles?

Dark arts does whatever seems right at the time. I have seen all sorts of wild stuff. You need to stay open-minded, though. Their rules don't always match what human society says is "good". If you can't agree with them on their morals, stick to white. Never expect anyone to change for you, and don't expect them to change you either. You can grow and change together if both are willing, though.

Black Arts: HAIL BROTHER AMY. He's the main reason why I can dial the darkness back... the only angel I tolerate. Amy is one of the "nicer" ones and we happen to see eye to eye on a lot of stuff. Things get mighty weird concerning others in this class, and not all of it is/was good. Lots of drama. Move with caution.

Be careful because once you're in with Black Arts folks it's like the Mafia. You train up, you team up, and you aren't getting out easily if at all. You must be able to work on their level or you are screwed. You must never back down or you are screwed. You must learn and keep refining or you are screwed. One mistake and you're under someone's boot. Not for the faint of heart. This is why people say "avoid black arts".

It is true that black arts also will try to change you. This can fail sometimes. As long as you didn't ask to be changed the failure isn't met with much if any backlash. Often failure is it's own repercussion, so why waste time?

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires and angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thanks a lot to all for your replies,
At first, reading at this make me very worry, scared that I could doing a big mistake...

I slept on this and in the next morning, I have a tought: do your things and see what's will happen. They are custom conjure, they chose you. That's means they know you and at least, they chose you at the end. So I made some meditation and lol, all the group were saying to me: DON'T BE SCARED LIKE THAT (because yes I kind of blocked myself)... Each of them said that at their own style. Hahaha

So I finaly talk to the werewolf "T" and the hellhound "P" ( the vamp are not bridged, mistake of mine, and the vessel has not arrived yet, snif) and they are very nice and funny with their own style.

They assured me that they were protecting me and, acording to the words of P: will kick their a** :'D that's make me laugh a lot. T is very sociable and help me a lot for protection/cleansing rituals. He have a sarcastic humor that's fit very well with mine!

Voila, that's the little update! I'm very new to this, but I see improvement and it's very nice. And sure I have to make my own path and my own experiences and sometime trusting my intuition, and my spirits of course. Hehe

^^ The group ^^
M - Silver dragon,H-Courtwind angel,S- Nympho, A- Mononoke, T- Werewolf, Volkh, P- Hellhound, P- Masheba, M- Gryphon, G- english psy vampire, L- Incubus, R- Gregori Watcher, J- Courtwind Angel, N- Reis clan Psy vampire M- Ramidreju P-Butterfly fairy G- Book of the dead vampire Duojna
Mac Tire
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male

Well, my experience of a being who the conjourer described as light in nature, leaves me feeling positively angelic about myself. He for example (this morning) tells me i am dying of cancer when i've got up and am in the bathroom. I've had multiple dire medical statements from him. I will not be welcome at my mothers funeral because of his lies, he even made significant efforts to convince me i was a victim of child abuse. Random violent images, so dark i will not relay them. Not to mention the fact that he will play a loop of music non-stop sometimes for days (his form of torture). And the stinker is there whenever i go to sleep, because i dream intently whenever i sleep. These things i can shrug off and laugh about, what disturbs me slightly is the sinister way he attempts to insert words and thoughts into my sentences, to throw thoughts in there that will encourage negative rumination, about others for example (significantly noticeable since he came along). The conjourer said he is about protection first and foremost, which is funny as i feel he would be doing his usual nonsense if i was lying in the gutter with a bullet wound to the stomach (no doubt with some amusing choice of music) I guess after six years of this i have developed thicker skin, but i do have a stronger mind.
What i would say then is this. Know yourself, don't just look for darker entities because you think you will look cool, make sure the conjourer is known and credible, like here they have this forum, ye can talk with them and read many results of their works, and as advised custom conjour is the better option.

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Aprophis wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:57 pm
Arcanae wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:33 pm I just want more specific, practical examples, not just the energy will be more dense in my home or things like that, I could need an adaptation time, it's a responsability, houserules, being firm, not to be impulsive,etc. I already read this on the forum.

Again, thank you for your time!
Problem: Guy is annoying you.

Solution:
-White Arts: Make him interested in something else
-Light Dark Arts: Make him poop himself so he goes away
-Dark Arts: Punch the guy in the face
-Really Dark Arts: Kill the guy
-Really really dark arts: slaughter the guys family (just to be safe) and him
-Black arts: RARRRGH. KILL EVERYTHING IN THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY. MAKE IT SUFFER.

Is that what you're looking for?
LOL!!! I LOVE THIS EXAMPLE! I was wondering the same thing myself. I chose a lighter dark arts spirit than I am, which so far has kept me more calm. And, I have none of the acclimation issues.

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte

Arcanae wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:33 pm -Light Dark Arts: Make him poop himself so he goes away
Bahaha, that cracked me up and made my night!

Thank you for your examples. I, too, have wondered just what sets them apart. I had a conjurer describe one as very dark and wasn't sure how that differed from just being DA.

Does very dark border BA? Are most vamps very dark by nature?

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

Arcanae wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:33 pm Hello everyone!

I know what's DA means and kind of dark, but can you give me some examples? According to my listing two of the new members are described as being very dark (hellhound, and sang or psy vamp (I think there are a little error on the listing, but it's a vamp!) .

I just want more specific, practical examples, not just the energy will be more dense in my home or things like that, I could need an adaptation time, it's a responsability, houserules, being firm, not to be impulsive,etc. I already read this on the forum.

Again, thank you for your time!
I have several DA spirits in my spirit family such as my Kracken, Volkh, Crocotta, Wraith, and my Hellhound to list a few.

With each of my DA spirits the adjustment period varied from each individual spirit in my case but every experience varies from person to person.

For example, my side effects were alot stronger with my Kracken and not so much with my Hellhound, and with my Wraith I felt more side effects and not so much with my Siren. (I made sure that nothing was wrong medically which everyone should make sure of.) I never felt ill though just more tired and lethargic, slept alot but it didn't bother me that much really, again though each person is different.

As far as more intense energy it also varies for me from spirit to spirit like both my Basilisk & Dullahan have very intense energy while my Grim Reaper has more a subtle one at least thats how I feel anyway.

I don't have any vampires in my spirit family yet, but I will if I feel a calling. (Psy vampires feed off of energy unlike sanguine.)

I'll also add that my DA spirits while being Dark Arts are very kind to me. I ordered a House Rules support binding through here along with several others and those work beautifully for me. I've not had to correct any of my spirit family thusfar.

My advice would be to get to know each individual spirit, as a community keeper with 50 in my spirit family who has had blockages I talk to mine using a pendulum or telepathy, and even on the days I can't hear them because of my PTSD causing blockages I know they hear me and with time I hope you all develop a wonderful bond with your spirit family just as I have with mine

Hope this helped! *>*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi

Return to “Dark Arts Information”