°•°•°Antique Alley°•°•°

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. Every July 4th a local village in my area hosts their annual Artists On the Lane art show and Antique Faire. Earlier today my Spirit Family and I purchased a couple of keychains from the Art Show, and I treated myself to a few goodies from the Antique booths. A few years ago I bought a Free Mason's gravemarker with FATAL (Fair Amongst Thousands All (Together) Lovely) around the pentalpha. I felt as though I was being disrespectful buying it (since I hold highest respects for graveyards), however there had to have been some reason that it was being sold (hopefully it wasn't stolen!).

This year I bought a few things, including my inspiration for making this thread: 3 hard metal emblems. The first one I purchased is a golden coloured "Polish crest twin bird" with a crown, and it has a shield. The second one is also a "Polish twin bird", but silver coloured and has a different shield on it. This shield is red and blue and has a bear on it. The third and final one is a bigger piece that has a good weight to it. It's a shield with a diagonal axe, and what looks like either two locos or smaller shields on it. They remind me of the metal decorations on European brand cars.

As I was digging through the box of emblems, I heard my Gregori Watcher Friend, M, tell me to be careful. I'm not sure if it's an OCD type thing I have with previously owned items in general, but I did get a strange feeling from the emblems, especially a star of david one I found. It reminded me of (how do I say this??) "Poland during the early 1940's", so I dropped it back into the box, thinking that a survivor of that "historical event" might have owned it, and I could have picked up on that energy. Anyways I kept asking the seller questions about the emblems, and all he said was "My friend got 'em from a house sale. They're from the 1950's...", nothing more. I really admire the art of European country crests, so to actually own something that resembled one was too much of an opportunity to pass up! I also have a few yet-to-be-attached Spirits and thought a few of Them would really like to have one of these emblems as Their vessel, but these emblems give me weird vibes.

I was supposed to buy salt from the grocery store, and I was going to sprinkle them with the salt to cleanse them (I read about this in one of S Connolly's books), but my female friend, who is also gifted, says they are fine. I dunno. I keeping them in the ziplock baggie the guy who sold them to me gave me, and whatever energy is emitting from the emblems is staying trapped in that baggie. After the Faire/Show I went to the beach and I placed them in sunlight, thinking it would cleanse them just enough so I could buy some salt (which I forgot to buy) to sprinkle on them. I'm think my pink Himalayan salt lamp next to them would also work. Advice please?
———————

Aside from that, I want this thread to be about Antiques! Not just what cool ones you bought, and the history of your item(s), but also because Antiques have a long history of having residual energy from the previous owner, and also have the potential to be haunted. So welcome to Antique Alley! 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

VanNocturne wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:55 am I was supposed to buy salt from the grocery store, and I was going to sprinkle them with the salt to cleanse them (I read about this in one of S Connolly's books), but my female friend, who is also gifted, says they are fine. I dunno. I keeping them in the ziplock baggie the guy who sold them to me gave me, and whatever energy is emitting from the emblems is staying trapped in that baggie. After the Faire/Show I went to the beach and I placed them in sunlight, thinking it would cleanse them just enough so I could buy some salt (which I forgot to buy) to sprinkle on them. I'm think my pink Himalayan salt lamp next to them would also work. Advice please?
I would say: Go with your own gut feeling. Just make sure the salt won't react with the material of the emblems.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

What Thyr said!
Even if they are fine, it can't hurt to cleanse them of any hiding negative residue. If it were me I'd just spend some time with them to figure out what the energy is, what is going on with the pieces -- then take action if it seems needed. Nice finds, by the way!

I do antique/art restoration part time and was born around that atmosphere as it was the family business. I grew up around a lot of history, a lot of energies and this really helped me hone my abilities with vibrational discernment and spirit communication specifically. Imagine the array of presences passing through a household like that! I can hardly begin to describe what that was like because it was just so normal to me, and still is. Something different all of the time, and a lot of poltergeist activity. Though I also lived on a very haunted property which was a magnet for that stuff.

I'll have to think on if there are any specific pieces I have in at the moment, or from my personal collection that I can chat about here...

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

My go to answer for cleansing is to break out the sage and smudge the heck out of them. If you don't like sage, you can use palo santo, cedar, or sweetgrass.

I didn't realize that some towns did that on the 4th. It sounds like fun.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Haunted & Spirited Archeology”