You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 180
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: 😇🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙🏼‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter
Zodiac:

I know exactly about the 24 hours angels, elementals and the 72 angels. I have studied that and I didn't get into the opposite side of their equal Goetic demons. But I looked at charts and had a mental note of it all. I still call upon my 72 Cabalistic angels, and made those charts due me family and counted out the hours to see who falls under, which angels ect. It's all connected with the Bible, Hebrew Cabalistic knowledge and also even the Torah cards that was changed to Tarot. The life of Christ and Christianity hidden in those arcana.
Charles_Odinforce wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:47 pm
I see the old texts as good reference material from a time when understanding and technology in the field was more limited, and heavily biased by the world around it. One of the things that always amazes me though is how many people will put a heavy focus on 72 Goetic Demons, but never going toward the more advanced texts that have 24 Hourly Angels, Elementals, or 72 Angels or Elemental in accompaniment.

As the works evolved, and grew, more things came into the view of the practicing mystic, but ultimately they all are hinged on an older Christian philosophy. As a Norse Pagan I personally never did vibe with the methods, but reference materials are good to at least know something about what you are working with, and treating them like VERY respected land spirits has always worked for me.

I feel its important to know the history of how the workings have been done, so that we know the positive and negatives of the past. Certainly in times past ritual was more rigorous and focused, with each component made painstakingly, and that probably instilled something into the work. That said, the old texts tend to be a "beat until compliant" mentality, coming from an era where slavery was the norm, and really chaff against the modern sensibilities.

I guess from my perspective it's like learning about flight. You need to learn about the first airplanes to understand what to do and what not to do when making something new. The history is important, but one shouldn't be bound by the way a thing was done simply for the sake of tradition, especially when that tradition is disrespectful or harmful.

Aster💫185
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

ASTER wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:42 am
I know exactly about the 24 hours angels, elementals and the 72 angels. I have studied that and I didn't get into the opposite side of their equal Goetic demons. But I looked at charts and had a mental note of it all. I still call upon my 72 Cabalistic angels, and made those charts due me family and counted out the hours to see who falls under, which angels ect. It's all connected with the Bible, Hebrew Cabalistic knowledge and also even the Torah cards that was changed to Tarot. The life of Christ and Christianity hidden in those arcana.
That is excellent and it warms my heart to know others are digging deeper. In the greater mystical and pagan communities we see most people stop at the ars goetia and that is it. I commend you on your diligence and study!

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nocturne
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:11 pm
ASTER wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:42 am

That is excellent and it warms my heart to know others are digging deeper. In the greater mystical and pagan communities we see most people stop at the ars goetia and that is it. I commend you on your diligence and study!
0x. Call me Captain Obvious here, but I don't believe most people have heard of the Hourly Angels and the Elementals you've mentioned. I've never heard of them, to be fair I tend to look into the darker areas of magick. However to understand the Dark one must understand the Light, so I too will be looking up these Beings, even if only at surface level just to get a basic idea of what They are. Thank you for mentioning Them on here! 0x.

^^ 0x. Stay Morbid 0x. ^^
calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 33
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

VanNocturne wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:13 am

0x. Call me Captain Obvious here, but I don't believe most people have heard of the Hourly Angels and the Elementals you've mentioned. I've never heard of them, to be fair I tend to look into the darker areas of magick. However to understand the Dark one must understand the Light, so I too will be looking up these Beings, even if only at surface level just to get a basic idea of what They are. Thank you for mentioning Them on here! 0x.
I'm in this club, too! I've never heard of any of these things but am interested to hear more. I've re-read @Vipera aspis atra 's post and I think I understand. My cultural biases make it difficult for me to really want to interact with them; they definitely are the Lords of this realm and deserve respect. Their pull is strong; certainly many of us want their adversaries to have haunting nightmares that drive them mad/ill if they wrong us so the want is strong. However, my moral compass tells me that there are other ways to right the wrongs, which won't put me into a karmic debt.

But, I"d like to learn because it's fascinating.

Return to “Black Magic”