Unpleasant things will happen to make good things possible

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Unpleasant things will happen to make good things possible

Post by Vipera aspis atra »

A brief message for those struggling with getting results, seeing more problems than solutions, or having an unprecedentedly tough time:

Discomfort, or what at first seems unfortunate, can be a sign of magic working in your favour. This is what enables the end of resistance.
In some magical dealings there is inherent resistance to manifestation based on where you're at and where you need to be (within) to match the manifestation (without).

If you cast a spell or task a spirit to bring good things into your life, you may notice changes which place you into a confusing or difficult place occur first.
Why? Because you NEED TO CHANGE and these forces know which buttons to push to make you change or shift onto the path that works for you.
This plays into why you will commonly be told by the experienced on this path that you still need to put in the work and meet the spirits halfway, you (usually) cannot sit back and have everything fall into your lap without lifting a finger.
It's lucky for us that the forces involved, more often than not, push us to take initiative through certain circumstances if we don't mistake that opportunity to get the ball rolling.

The difficulties you are called to face are a way to transcend resistance to the things you really want. What happens a lot of the time is that people get freaked out by this and do whatever they can to avoid facing those challenges, or they take the challenges as a threat to them through some malignant force - bad luck, or a hex or whathaveyou. It's not that you can't have legitimately 'bad juju' sent your way, but in being a little bit more critical with yourself you will know the times where chaos is a blessing in disguise. You don't have to embrace it happily, just understand that it is frequently part of the process. Even with - maybe especially with - White Arts forces, as they bring out energies that organically confront the pitfalls of our duality.

This applies for the individual as well as the collective. You can hardly ask for the world to get better without it getting messier first.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 187
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

Re: Unpleasant things will happen to make good things possible

Post by Lewk »

Thanks Vipera.

Very apt just now for me to see this advice.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

Post by Amarantha »

YEAHHH I needed to be reminded of this right now. Thank you ❤️

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Post by Likes2Read »

I saw the topic and thought of the Tower card in Tarot. That's the one that, in a lot of decks, depicts a tower being struck by lightning and people falling out. It tells us that something that is built on an unreliable foundation is about to come crashing down.

Well, most of us do not like Tower moments in our lives. We are Not Happy that this tower, that we spent so much time and effort to build, is crumbling to bits. The thing is, we have to remind ourselves that it's not the strong and solid things in our lives that are going to fall to pieces here. It's something that was not well-constructed in the first place, so when it comes down, it's giving us a chance to clear the rubble away and build something better on that spot.

But dang, it sure is a pain in the neck when we see a thing crumble, when we've spent a lot of effort building and maintaining it.

Anyway, in order to clear room for your progress in the meta world, some things that exist now might have to crumble and be cleared away. Outdated worldviews and self-images are on that list.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

sasha_shadowmend
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My magical/paranormal name...: Sasha Shadowmend
Zodiac:

Post by sasha_shadowmend »

I feel like this describes my life perfectly right now. Good things do not come to those who wait. Good things come to those who change. Unfortunately mine come with tons of growing pains. Pain is an excellent teacher because it forces you to listen.

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." - W.B. Yeats

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath

|..| X..X 0..0 \:* ^^ 0x. <3 \/

Hawke
new here
new here

Post by Hawke »

Ouch.

Lom'ae
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0

Post by Lom'ae »

Vipera aspis atra wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:10 pm
A brief message for those struggling with getting results, seeing more problems than solutions, or having an unprecedentedly tough time:

Discomfort, or what at first seems unfortunate, can be a sign of magic working in your favour. This is what enables the end of resistance.
In some magical dealings there is inherent resistance to manifestation based on where you're at and where you need to be (within) to match the manifestation (without).

If you cast a spell or task a spirit to bring good things into your life, you may notice changes which place you into a confusing or difficult place occur first.
Why? Because you NEED TO CHANGE and these forces know which buttons to push to make you change or shift onto the path that works for you.
This plays into why you will commonly be told by the experienced on this path that you still need to put in the work and meet the spirits halfway, you (usually) cannot sit back and have everything fall into your lap without lifting a finger.
It's lucky for us that the forces involved, more often than not, push us to take initiative through certain circumstances if we don't mistake that opportunity to get the ball rolling.

The difficulties you are called to face are a way to transcend resistance to the things you really want. What happens a lot of the time is that people get freaked out by this and do whatever they can to avoid facing those challenges, or they take the challenges as a threat to them through some malignant force - bad luck, or a hex or whathaveyou. It's not that you can't have legitimately 'bad juju' sent your way, but in being a little bit more critical with yourself you will know the times where chaos is a blessing in disguise. You don't have to embrace it happily, just understand that it is frequently part of the process. Even with - maybe especially with - White Arts forces, as they bring out energies that organically confront the pitfalls of our duality.

This applies for the individual as well as the collective. You can hardly ask for the world to get better without it getting messier first.
Awwh, thank you for putting it like this! I completely agree with you. It has taken me years to come to this realization, but it is often with great difficulty that we have both the room and opportunity to grow. It's also what makes it such a rewarding experience. But, gosh.. it really can pull you every which way sometimes and feel like a lot. This is a really positive way of looking at the process.

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 33
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Post by calliope56 »

As always, @Vipera aspis atra makes a strong, thought provoking post.

In my opinion, change always is uncomfortable. I think this is because people are in a spot which may be unsatisfactory or mediocre and then change disrupts this; it's already been accepted and now you don't know what to expect. My initial reaction is to question it and fight it. When/If I can't avoid it, I generally just accept it or ignore it. And, I'm thinking of specific incidences right now, so I won't state that I always do these things but it's what's on my mind.

But, this post is about lifting those who are in a place that is unprecedently tough. And, I wholeheartedly agree that what may seem as adversarial to ones goal could actually place you in a position to where you can obtain it, like fire burning through a forest will clear a path for ecological balance because of the new plants which now have space and sunlight to grow.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Post by shieon »

Glad this got bumped. Haven't seen this thread til now but this is 100% true. I sometimes think of banishings I do that way.. I'll experience a connection sour but something in me tells me it makes sense. But it will still emotionally affect me, but at least in my mind I know I'm not just taking it at face-value, that there's broader energies behind it. I rarely have to question why it is happening. Most often times those connections I already was having conflict with, on the fence about anyway, or having those gut feelings. But I catch myself wasting a lot of time grappling what to do about it. Then comes the day I remove the connection or separate. Then there's always a little clarity that comes afterward, that I must be releasing something, or that connection is not actually serving me well. It still ends up becoming more to process but at least to me better than leaving things stagnant, the same, putting up with behaviors from the individual, etc. Then as a result I ended up with meaningful and rewarding, new connections, like I wanted.
And from my observation every time I have seen a friend of mine who is in the occult or spiritual community be resistant, expect a straightforward clear-cut path with magic and spells, I end up noticing they are expecting the work to unfold itself but they do not want to face the discomfort. Then it's been a year later and they're still right in the middle of those issues, with an unchanged situation. Person wants to be in a different position but expecting those spells to accommodate opening up their path for them... but what manifests is just more frustration.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

[my self] nonbinary trans ftx (she/her) / plural / diviner
[my 'practices'] cyber sorceress / necromancy / demonolatry / chaos work / kitchen witchery
[my patrons] belphegor, set, morrigan, thor

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with my spiritual guardian, "Victor," or "L," who is an angelic entity.

Return to “What Went Wrong?”