You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Naiad
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi!
I got my first 3 companions a little over a week ago and have already noticed and increase in energy and random good things happening during the day and more fulfilling meditations. Also, have been dreaming again which hasn't happened in years. With all this new found energy I'm interested in starting to use a pendulum. Does anyone have any ideas for the best type of companion to bind a pendulum to assist in the process? Thanks in advance, this forum has helped a ton :)

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi there. Here are my thoughts and you can do what you want with them.

I have pendulums and I wouldn't bind a companion just for divination purposes. I believe that would limit the companion to one purpose and I can say the same for a pendulum. Pendulums can do more than respond to questions. For example, I've used them for healing, and cleansing and charging crystals. They can also be used to find lost objects. Companions tend to have multiple abilities.

Another thing to consider is that pendulums can specialize. Based on my experience with crystal pendulums, one pendulum is for financial concerns, another pendulum for asking questions directed to Deities, another for health related questions, another for finding lost objects, another for healing and one for categories not listed. The pendulums did that on their own as I never program crystals. I have consecrated pendulums as I consider them to be spiritual tools. The consecration is protection for the pendulum. This protection stops unwanted energy from interfering with the pendulum.

After saying all of that, maybe there is a companion who'd be more than happy to be bonded to a pendulum for a vessel.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I agree with @Whyme. Perhaps you can have a spirit companion to help with divination (eg a Divine Angel) but it helps to be able to to cleanse etc the pendulum when needed, which I think would not make it the best vessel / 'home' for a spirit - if you plan to use the pendulum.

(A pendulum vessel that you're not going to use might be a nice thought for a divination spirit, if you see what I mean.)

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... angel.html

This is a very useful article...

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=63512&p=672825&hilit=task#p672825

And have you seen the pendulums section in the Shop?

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/Pendulum ... cessories/

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Freedom2Escape
new here
new here

Whyme wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:40 pm Hi there. Here are my thoughts and you can do what you want with them.

I have pendulums and I wouldn't bind a companion just for divination purposes. I believe that would limit the companion to one purpose and I can say the same for a pendulum. Pendulums can do more than respond to questions. For example, I've used them for healing, and cleansing and charging crystals. They can also be used to find lost objects. Companions tend to have multiple abilities.

Another thing to consider is that pendulums can specialize. Based on my experience with crystal pendulums, one pendulum is for financial concerns, another pendulum for asking questions directed to Deities, another for health related questions, another for finding lost objects, another for healing and one for categories not listed. The pendulums did that on their own as I never program crystals. I have consecrated pendulums as I consider them to be spiritual tools. The consecration is protection for the pendulum. This protection stops unwanted energy from interfering with the pendulum.

After saying all of that, maybe there is a companion who'd be more than happy to be bonded to a pendulum for a vessel.
Awesome thank you for your advice. That makes a lot of sense, I didn't think of it in those terms. Do you mind if I ask how you placed the protection for the pendulums? The reason ive been so hesitant to use pendulums in the past is due to not wanting to invite unbounds and such to be able to contact. Once again, thanks for your advice it helps a lot :)

Freedom2Escape
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:36 pm I agree with @Whyme. Perhaps you can have a spirit companion to help with divination (eg a Divine Angel) but it helps to be able to to cleanse etc the pendulum when needed, which I think would not make it the best vessel / 'home' for a spirit - if you plan to use the pendulum.

(A pendulum vessel that you're not going to use might be a nice thought for a divination spirit, if you see what I mean.)

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... angel.html

This is a very useful article...

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=63512&p=672825&hilit=task#p672825

And have you seen the pendulums section in the Shop?

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/Pendulum ... cessories/
Thank you for the advice and the links. Have been looking for Creepy hollows pendulums but havent been able to find them till the link. I appreciate the help

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Freedom2Escape wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:29 pm
Whyme wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:40 pm Hi there. Here are my thoughts and you can do what you want with them.

Awesome thank you for your advice. That makes a lot of sense, I didn't think of it in those terms. Do you mind if I ask how you placed the protection for the pendulums? The reason ive been so hesitant to use pendulums in the past is due to not wanting to invite unbounds and such to be able to contact. Once again, thanks for your advice it helps a lot :)
You're welcome.

I crafted the consecration and protection (with guidance) according to my belief. I won't share all of what I did but these words are key for protecting a pendulum..."Henceforth from now, this pendulum is protected from interference by any and all beings." I used that quote for the second last sentence of the consecration. The last sentence I used confirmed that the pendulum was consecrated. You use that quote exactly how it's phrased and incorporate it into however you are guided to consecrate your pendulum. The part of any and all beings include yourself as our energies can influence a pendulum's motion.

Using a consecrated pendulum means you need to specify as to who you want to contact. For example, if you have two or more companions and want to communicate with one of them, then you make it known to them who you want to connect with by saying their name. If not, your pendulum might go all wonky which, to me, indicates that you have two, or more, who want to respond to your questions. So basically, this is by invitation only.

If you need help crafting a ritual for consecrating a pendulum, let me know. I have another ritual that you can use which involves five elements.

Freedom2Escape
new here
new here

Whyme wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:38 pm
Freedom2Escape wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:29 pm

You're welcome.

I crafted the consecration and protection (with guidance) according to my belief. I won't share all of what I did but these words are key for protecting a pendulum..."Henceforth from now, this pendulum is protected from interference by any and all beings." I used that quote for the second last sentence of the consecration. The last sentence I used confirmed that the pendulum was consecrated. You use that quote exactly how it's phrased and incorporate it into however you are guided to consecrate your pendulum. The part of any and all beings include yourself as our energies can influence a pendulum's motion.

Using a consecrated pendulum means you need to specify as to who you want to contact. For example, if you have two or more companions and want to communicate with one of them, then you make it known to them who you want to connect with by saying their name. If not, your pendulum might go all wonky which, to me, indicates that you have two, or more, who want to respond to your questions. So basically, this is by invitation only.

If you need help crafting a ritual for consecrating a pendulum, let me know. I have another ritual that you can use which involves five elements.
Ok cool I appreciate that. The pendulum should be here in a week or so. I'm more than open to hearing more about the other ritual. And once again thanks for the advice :)

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

@Freedom2Escape

It's always exciting to get a pendulum.

If you want the full ritual, let me know. It uses a pentagram and the points (or tips) are colour corresponded to the five elements. You'll be involving all five Elementals. I kept the ritual as simple as possible and it is effective. If you do want to go that route, you'll need to make a pentagram. You can use yarn and the pentagram doesn't have to be perfect. The pentagram should be big enough so the points have enough distance between them.

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Oh wait a minute. I haven't bought a pendulum from CH. Does CH consecrate their pendulums? Do you know if the pendulum is protected from interference? Because Idk if my ritual will interfere with what CH might've done to your pendulum. I buy pendulums from stores that don't enchant their pendulums. I call that "blank". If CH did something to your pendulum then I believe you won't need the ritual.

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Freedom2Escape wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:51 am Hi!
I got my first 3 companions a little over a week ago and have already noticed and increase in energy and random good things happening during the day and more fulfilling meditations. Also, have been dreaming again which hasn't happened in years. With all this new found energy I'm interested in starting to use a pendulum. Does anyone have any ideas for the best type of companion to bind a pendulum to assist in the process? Thanks in advance, this forum has helped a ton :)
CH has a spirit pendulum that you can get spell casted specifically to "help you be more in tune with the results given by the pendulum." I have this and the pendulum is quite incredible. It buzzes when my spirits want to respond to a question. I highly recommend theirs.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”