new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel and Volkh
If I could be anything, I would be...: Source
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DveneKY and AzurA

Do we depend on creating our own spells or do we task and trust in the work of our spirits? Or better yet make a spell or use an available spell with our spirit to bring forth result?

Whyme
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: It's too personal to share.

I think it depends on what the spirit is. For example, you can make a wish (similar to crafting spells) if you have a wish granting companion. That method is similar to tasking where you have to leave it all up to the companion to carry out your wish. You can craft a spell with a companion's help if that companion has knowledge and/or skill in crafting spells. I'm not sure how combining spell casting with tasking works, maybe someone else has done that. Or maybe it's just not doable?

I prefer to craft my own spells as I find them more effective compared to some spell from the net or a book. Not only that, someone else's spells may not apply to a specific situation so authors tend to have spells for basic purposes such as finances and relationships. I haven't found spells out there that are for spiritual development so I end up crafting my own spells which are very specific for the purpose.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 187
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

DveneKY wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:19 pm
Do we depend on creating our own spells or do we task and trust in the work of our spirits? Or better yet make a spell or use an available spell with our spirit to bring forth result?
I'm still on the learning path but...over the last 5 years or so of getting to know modern, bound spirit keeping and spell bindings, one thing that's become clearer and clearer to me is that no single thing is a magic bullet.

Generally speaking, we get some benefit from everything we do.

The more levels and layers of things we have going on, the better the chance is that a critical mass of effects will be reached, enough to achieve the desired impact on our life as a whole. Or so I now think.

So that approach would mean both spirits and spell bindings and diy cast spells and everything else we have available to us. That seems to be most obviously good for protection needs. eg The maxim 'you can never have too much protection' and the CH advice that layers of slightly different protective spirits & spell bindings overlap to form broader coverage. Clearly that'd be good for health needs and other areas of life as well.

But for individual, one-off goals or targets we may need to choose the best tool for any particular job. I think that'll vary according to the particulars of each situation and / or goal, on a case by case basis. Trial and error might eventually reveal what's best for something: spirit tasking or magical influence from a cast spell / binding.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”