Someone is attacking me using different voices how do they do this?

Mbro1970
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: Bird
My magical/paranormal name...: Mbro1979

Someone is in my mind and using internal monologue with different voices I'm intrigued how they do this?

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Topic moved to suitable section.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Mbro1970 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:09 am Someone is in my mind and using internal monologue with different voices I'm intrigued how they do this?

May I ask how you know it's someone else? A common view is that it is not easy for someone to develop the skill to do this to someone else, so there will usually be a far less scary explanation.

It's very advisable to consult a professional medical when it comes to mental health. (I'm not one and we can't give medical advice on this forum.)

But I do know that hearing voices is a very well known phenomenon. There can be a 'mundane' type and there can be the paranormal type and in my opinion we can have both happening at the same time.

So I would always recommend professional medical help as a first step. In parallel, we can take steps to protect ourselves on the paranormal level too.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
angelicpeace
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Mbro1970 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:09 am Someone is in my mind and using internal monologue with different voices I'm intrigued how they do this?

BUMP

This same thing has happened to me as well. Im also interested in knowing.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

angelicpeace wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:16 pm

BUMP

This same thing has happened to me as well. Im also interested in knowing.
Long post alert

tl/dr: You can learn how to influence someone else's thoughts. There are items in the CH Shop related to that. But, based on my own experiences, what's described by the OP seems more likely to not be an intentionally caused direct mental intrusion. It's probably more likely to be some other cause or mix of factors. I can't claim to know for sure. Hopefully some of my comments below are useful.

I guess it's prudent to not jump to assuming that, because we hear what we perceive as different voices in our mind, that it's a highly skilled intentional, direct intrusion from the person it seems to sound like.

If someone could do this...surely a very big if and very few people indeed will have attained such expertise plus...if they are that skilled, why would they bother; what's the point of such efforts? There are other explanations that I think need to be ruled out first before assuming a direct, intentional intrusion from another human being. Especially if we have good paranormal protection measures in place.

Mundane explanations

1. Hearing voices has been so common throughout human history. I mentioned the advisability of seeking professional mental health help in my above post.

See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_Voices_Network.

As it says there "[Hearing Voices] Networks promote an alternative approach, where voices are not necessarily seen as signs of mental illness. Networks regard hearing voices as a meaningful and understandable, although unusual, human variation.[1] In themselves voices are not seen as the problem. Rather it is the relationship the person has with their voices that is regarded as the main issue."

I again stress that we cannot give mental health advice here in the Forum, as it's not only unwise but it's also against the rules.

2. Hyper sensitivity to our internal dialogue

We all have thought processes and can hear our own thoughts at times. We can even imagine and hear the voices of other people, eg people who have critcised us in the past, which is a classic one.

Also, if we're empathic to some extent, we might internalise another person's personality & character and find ourselves thinking like them. This mental and empathic facility it how we're able to do what's called assuming an archetype (basically 'becoming', taking on the qualitites of, an archetypal being/god/fictional character). It's probably how some actors take on their acting roles. In fact some psychologists believe our personalities are constructs and can change.

I suspect that some of us who are spirit keepers have become very sensitive to subtle impressions, such as changing thought processes, and might think these thoughts have an external source, when they may have more of an internal one.

nb There are and can be external paranormal influences on our thought processes too, of course.

Paranormal factors

1. Jammed open psychic gates/senses - I think this story illustrate one classic aspect. A modern taoist teacher I knew told about when he was living with the Taos Indians in New Mexico, where he was being mentored spiritually by one of their spiritual teachers. They once walked past a man who was mentally/ emotionally distressed and talking about things no none else could see. "Is he really experiencing those things?", the taoist asked. "Yes. He just can't switch it off.", was his mentor's answer.

Some of this can simply be openness to the general psychic background. We could be sensing fluctuations in the psychic atmosphere around us, or even the people around us. Or we might be psychically linked to someone else via what's called cording. These cords can happen subconsciously and by mutual consent on that level, even with people far away and people who have died long ago.

One solution to this condition is to learn how to control / close our psychic openness, chakras and psychic gates. Learning how to de-cord. Masking the aura to 3' can help dull empathic openness too.

The CH Tuner for Empaths, Psychics etc helps with some of that. And Judy Hall's The Way of Psychic Protection (Thorsons Books) shows how to shutter chakras and close psychic gates that are jammed open and how to cut cords.

Some of the methods in the book work with white light but I'd point out that, even if we self-identify as mainly DA-black light-leaning, as humans we're DA and can use both white light and dark light.

2. Magical or psychic attack - as we probably all know, if someone decides to target us magically, they have various options: spell casting, other magical workings, eg root magick and so on. It's logical to assume we've come to their attention for some substantially negative reason for them to devote time and effort to sending a magical attack. And - do they have much skill?

There are CH Shop items related to mind control of others.

There are different methods that are taught and sometimes a magical working or targeted attack could be backed up by adding mind influence attempts. But that would I think be trying to influence the target to decide or do something, as if it was their own thought.

Sometimes it could be in order to cause mental confusion in the target.

I have some experience of that kind of technique but I'm not an expert, however I'd be surprised if the usual paranormal effect is for the target to find themselves hearing their persecutor's thoughts. I guess it's possible but less likely.

That could be the random side effect of another kind of mental attack, I suppose. Even a side effect of someone else's magical defences.

The solution to any of that is to up our protection measures.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “General Questions”