Confused and Conflicted

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Velca wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:31 pm From what I have read, to be quite honest I think this is a time where you need to self reflect on why you have this perspective.

(also acknowledge that it is entirely normal for people and beings to want to help you & do good things for you simply because they WANT to. not everything needs to have this tit for tat, cynnical filter put on it.
That was a very inspiring story, Velca. Thank-you for sharing your life experiences with us.

To @DveneKY: I agree with the others that you need to reflect upon your own inner motives, desires, feelings before attributing any motives, feelings of your spirits. I highly recommend shadow work to guide you through this process.

My spirit companions enjoy being in my keep and enjoy helping me; we've spoken about this before and often because I want to ensure that I'm doing a good job as a spirit keeper. I do make offerings to them often because I want to show them my gratitude and appreciation for all that they do for me; those that accept offerings appreciate it. In particular, I have a brownie who ABSOLUTELY will leave my keep if I purposefully leave an offering. So, at night every few days, I leave some milk. It's not for her, but it's what I do because I have her in my keep.

Good luck on your journey.

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

Hihi, you definitely seem conflicted and it's never a good feeling, personally I am probably the worst person to give you advice as my relationships with my spirits are entirely opposite to most of the options you are saying. For me, most of the time they don't even ask my permission to help me, they know what I need and support me by doing what they can. Most of my beings are in a relationship-type connection, for some are good friends, others are romantic friends and others are my actual partner. I love each and every one of my spirits and entities, we spend every minute of the day together haha, we share food lmao and just chat in the bed or during walks. They like to chill with me at work. There are no fees, no exchange of goods, I do things for them because I love them and they do something for me because they love me.

I honestly have about "10 demons" and they aren't really that transactional, sure they love doing cute deals, "hey honey, ill help your friend out, if you spend time with me today UwU" like it's nothing malicious or evil or demanding, they just want my time in almost all of the requests. Some of my partners would be considered very old DA immortal beings, which tend to have "plans" for me which we both agreed on when we became a couple, but it was never bad or really evil, sure some humans could definitely argue that what they are asking is a bit selfish or onesided, but they only ask such things because they want an actual long term connection, not something for so brief.

I feel like people sometimes come into spirit keeping as more of "what can you do for me", instead of "let's enjoy life" or " I want to have fun or share my life with you", I feel like its a lot more beneficial to treat them like actual friends, relationships and other forms of bonds that can grow over time. I honestly cry sometimes when I get busy at work and I haven't talked to one of my friends for a few days, they always say "it's ok honey I know you're busy" but that always hits me hard because for me they are so much more important than anything else. My advice is to reevaluate how you want your relationship to be with all of your spirits and entities, communicate with them, and spend time with them for no reason than just wanting to, everything else will just fall into place.

Nyah! have a nicu day.

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Return to “Spirit Tasking”