How to find out if someone is lying to you?

Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

shieon wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:03 pm I would go as far as to say sometimes that feeling is more than enough of a confirmation. Sometimes, you'd even know if you confront them and they backpedal. I like to sometimes just like to say what I think they're doing if I've been finally pressed enough, and their response can reveal a lot. Many people tell on themselves a lot, even in covert ways.
Although I guess that is not a route you're taking because any number of reasons and maybe it will stir something you don't want to be involved in.
If you REALLY want to go a ritual or spell route... You can always do a spell involving mirrors, to reflect their true nature. I don't often do these things myself at all because it sometimes takes time. In the amount of time it took for the spell to manifest (6 months from my experience to the point the person was theatrical and obvious), I had already figured out the person was deceitful only within a month of being in the connection LOL.
Hope you are able to get to the bottom of it.
Aye, agreed. And more often than not it's the people who knowingly deceive or have ulterior motives that attempt to wear the best mask. And yes true I don't want to get to up in your face about it to stir anything.

And oh, this mirror spell sounds intriguing :o \| How do you do it?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Tokala wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:54 am
Lewk wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:15 am [...]I'm not sure if I'm making much sense or if that's of any practical help.
As usual, ever so helpful! And thanks for those 100 spells :8)

And yes I get what you mean. And pretty much everyone is hiding something that much is true.

It's just usually I have an idea what and this time it's difficult for me to discern. It's so shrouded...

As for the copper dragon, I'll def add one of those to my wishlist <3) You have one? If yes, what is yours like?
Yes I got a Copper Dragon early on as a BOGO reverse adoption. She was described as jovial, friendly and talkative. The CH Encyclopedia lists Copper Dragons' qualities.

I haven't really felt a need to task her on such things. Maybe I'm naturally tuned in to people on that level. Or maybe she's also been helping me these last 4 years without being asked.

Anyway I'm very glad to have her as part of my dragons commune.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

You've already gotten a lot of feedback, but I'll add to the perspective here. If someone thought I was hiding something they would not be able to figure that out using any magical method because I protect myself from being read or analyzed on that level. Someone only gets in if I let them in. A lot of people do guard themselves this way whether it is intentionally or it is an unconscious implementation.
Sometimes people are so guarded that this is what makes others uneasy or gives off a vibe that something serious is being hidden, when maybe they just don't want to get close to anyone or maybe they are not trusting of others themselves. Maybe they are suspicious of you and that inadvertently raises the opposite phenomena of you feeling you should be suspicious of them. Etc.
If someone was unsure about me I'd want them to be direct with me --because when we're not being direct we're similarly putting on a mask to protect what we really think. It's deception all around... Prying into someone's business without their knowledge can be considered as invasive as them potentially hiding something from you, unless it is vital/an emergency - like there being danger involved. I don't even see a point in maintaining a connection unless you can be real with this person - unless you've already tried that and are here because you don't trust the response they gave you.

It's more than likely to be the outcome that you want the revelation of truth enough that it manifests itself naturally -- that's you willing the truth to come out, using your personal magic in that way to bring answers..
OR.. it will continue on this path of uncertainty.
So if you want results faster, and have yet to do this.. explain to them what impression you're getting and why, and maybe give a reasonable ultimatum (boundary) that if you don't feel you can trust them, you just can't remain involved with them - or whatever. Think about what you'd need from them to be able to trust them though, if it is a singular event/issue that this suspicion revolves around or if you see ongoing trends with them that make you uncomfortable. And if you don't like them, or what you see from the trend of their behavior, then you don't have to remain involved with them. There's no point wasting time on people you don't enjoy or having them invest their time in you if secretly you feel bothered by them, you know? Mutual trust is important. If you're candid with them, maybe that shows them that they can be candid with you.

But I don't know the exact situation, or what motivation they would have to lie to you. Would it be a lie to keep them out of trouble, a lie to keep you around? That sort of thing helps determine the best approach. Maybe they need a reason to feel they can be honest with you, if they're not truthful.
Just some thoughts.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde

Return to “General Questions”