What are some of the best spirits for protection?

Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

Charles_Odinforce wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 pm So a couple thoughts on this.

First this reminds me of when people ask “Which God or Goddess is best for X” and it doesn't get into the nature of association and the impact that has with the higher power. Spirit Keeping in a real sense is an offshoot of Shamanism, working with spirits by forming a bond with them, and as such shares a lot of parallels with other systems of mysticism. In all of these systems the answer is always “the one you have the most connection to is always the strongest.”

Second, know your situation and enemies. If you find you are having problems with a spirit of X element, find its counter element.

Third, remember its rare for spirits/unbounds to just target someone. The vast bulk of “negative spiritual altercations” are either a human overstepping their bounds in terms of territory (angered land spirits) where some offerings can help to find peace OR some other kind of awakening like a shadow self awakening, kundalini awakening, or other such thing. Think of it like this, if you went from barely being able to hear sound, to now hearing things as clear as if they were 100 decibels above normal, even a friendly “hello” from a spirit would feel like a cannon ball hitting you in the head. Sometimes that doesn't manifest “in the head” instead it manifests in more personal areas, but that is very often just that being the chakra that has the issue processing the energies and information. This doesn't mean negative entities don't harass people, but for the big, overly manifesting situations there is often some kind of sensitivity OR reason.

Fourth, ultimately in situations where you need protective spirits you also need to spend time working with spirits to help them bridge the gap. We tend to think of the other realms as one big giant “Astral World” but every culture has different realms, and most realms seem to overlap on this one. By helping a spirit anchor to this realm, through offerings and working with them in ritual, we amplify their ability to protect us from things that are overlapping this realm also.

Fifth on this, even among well known “best for defense” spirits there are going to be stronger and weaker ones, more war focused and less focused ones. As an example, you likely won't find a cowardly Valkyrie, or one who can't fight unless you are specifically seeking one out who has that complex. By and large spirits known for fighting are going to be good at it.

All of that said, personal go to favorites for me? Dragons, Dwarves, Elves, Elementals, Valkyries, Draugr, Jotunn, and the like. It depends though on what I'm dealing with. If a foe is particularly attuned to dark energies then Angels and Celestial beings jump to the top. If they are a being of light, then Shadow People, Demons, or even something like a Void Elemental specifically start to come to mind. When you use the contrasting force, there are pros and cons to that which are obvious, but having the bigger stick AND the foe being weak to that stick really does negate the downsides to also being weaker to your foe.

If I was giving advice though to a new person without any background on what they know, I'd start with Elementals, Land Spirits, or Nature based spirits like Animal Guides or Guardians. Such beings are somewhat neutral outside of one key point, they are often above average in loyalty and have almost no concept of backing down when challenged. Likewise whatever imbalances are influencing the area around you, Nature spirits will be more than willing to pick a fight on your behalf.

Lastly, in those situations where your foe is another practitioner, my advice is to also have some totems/representations for your spirits. Old school shamanism and most forms of occultism agree that having a fine vessel specifically dedicated to a spirit makes it stronger. Likewise vessels in some situations can be combined with other power boosters (talismans and such) just like a person would use, allowing you to easily amplify a spirits existing power. Vessels make it easier, to do offerings. If it's another person, these things are enough to start to balance some of the gap between a novice and someone with experience. If it's an expert, start learning some ritual magick of your own to add to the mix to keep up.

No one likes to hit a target that hits them back. Don't be a living punching dummy in any fight.
Thank you so very much for the mega informative post! :8)
You really touched on everything and put a lot of things in perspective, and thank you for going in-depth on the different types of protectors and how they can help. This is really useful info. I was also considering vampire as a possible helper and protector, and wonder what you think of them?

And I'm wondering if you know any good ways to cleanse jewelry of any possible negative energies? Normally I just let them rest in water and that does it, but what if it needs something stronger? In your experience, what works then?

<3

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

This was really good advice I have never seen before. 🤔 Thank you @Charles_Odinforce .
Charles_Odinforce wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 pm So a couple thoughts on this.

First this reminds me of when people ask “Which God or Goddess is best for X” and it doesn't get into the nature of association and the impact that has with the higher power. Spirit Keeping in a real sense is an offshoot of Shamanism, working with spirits by forming a bond with them, and as such shares a lot of parallels with other systems of mysticism. In all of these systems the answer is always “the one you have the most connection to is always the strongest.”

Second, know your situation and enemies. If you find you are having problems with a spirit of X element, find its counter element.

Third, remember its rare for spirits/unbounds to just target someone. The vast bulk of “negative spiritual altercations” are either a human overstepping their bounds in terms of territory (angered land spirits) where some offerings can help to find peace OR some other kind of awakening like a shadow self awakening, kundalini awakening, or other such thing. Think of it like this, if you went from barely being able to hear sound, to now hearing things as clear as if they were 100 decibels above normal, even a friendly “hello” from a spirit would feel like a cannon ball hitting you in the head. Sometimes that doesn't manifest “in the head” instead it manifests in more personal areas, but that is very often just that being the chakra that has the issue processing the energies and information. This doesn't mean negative entities don't harass people, but for the big, overly manifesting situations there is often some kind of sensitivity OR reason.

Fourth, ultimately in situations where you need protective spirits you also need to spend time working with spirits to help them bridge the gap. We tend to think of the other realms as one big giant “Astral World” but every culture has different realms, and most realms seem to overlap on this one. By helping a spirit anchor to this realm, through offerings and working with them in ritual, we amplify their ability to protect us from things that are overlapping this realm also.

Fifth on this, even among well known “best for defense” spirits there are going to be stronger and weaker ones, more war focused and less focused ones. As an example, you likely won't find a cowardly Valkyrie, or one who can't fight unless you are specifically seeking one out who has that complex. By and large spirits known for fighting are going to be good at it.

All of that said, personal go to favorites for me? Dragons, Dwarves, Elves, Elementals, Valkyries, Draugr, Jotunn, and the like. It depends though on what I'm dealing with. If a foe is particularly attuned to dark energies then Angels and Celestial beings jump to the top. If they are a being of light, then Shadow People, Demons, or even something like a Void Elemental specifically start to come to mind. When you use the contrasting force, there are pros and cons to that which are obvious, but having the bigger stick AND the foe being weak to that stick really does negate the downsides to also being weaker to your foe.

If I was giving advice though to a new person without any background on what they know, I'd start with Elementals, Land Spirits, or Nature based spirits like Animal Guides or Guardians. Such beings are somewhat neutral outside of one key point, they are often above average in loyalty and have almost no concept of backing down when challenged. Likewise whatever imbalances are influencing the area around you, Nature spirits will be more than willing to pick a fight on your behalf.

Lastly, in those situations where your foe is another practitioner, my advice is to also have some totems/representations for your spirits. Old school shamanism and most forms of occultism agree that having a fine vessel specifically dedicated to a spirit makes it stronger. Likewise vessels in some situations can be combined with other power boosters (talismans and such) just like a person would use, allowing you to easily amplify a spirits existing power. Vessels make it easier, to do offerings. If it's another person, these things are enough to start to balance some of the gap between a novice and someone with experience. If it's an expert, start learning some ritual magick of your own to add to the mix to keep up.

No one likes to hit a target that hits them back. Don't be a living punching dummy in any fight.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Tokala wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:46 pm Thank you so very much for the mega informative post! :8)
You really touched on everything and put a lot of things in perspective, and thank you for going in-depth on the different types of protectors and how they can help. This is really useful info. I was also considering vampire as a possible helper and protector, and wonder what you think of them?

And I'm wondering if you know any good ways to cleanse jewelry of any possible negative energies? Normally I just let them rest in water and that does it, but what if it needs something stronger? In your experience, what works then?

<3
Vampires have a long history of being very capable in a fight, one advantage being a natural affinity for energy/life force manipulation on some level is more or less universal. Meaning different types of vampires will still generally be drawing on life force of some kind, even if its in a physical form. This means in a fight, they either can, or can develop, some skills toward manipulating a foes life force.

Generally speaking if I need to do a cleansing on anything that water and simple ritual alone won't work on I do a cleansing of each element, letting the power of the element come from the ritual work, and drawing it down into the item. That said, depending on how much ritual you do, dedicated space available, and things like that there are other options. Secure the object in a clear plastic bag to keep it safe during these processes, the plastic won't interfere with the energy enough to matter, but the materials used may.

Burial: You can bury and object in dirt for 30 days, if it's safe to do so bury it in dirt without the baggie, but if not use a bag or even a container, the act of submerging it in the Earth will let the planets energies help. You can also make an offering to land spirits with some food and ask them to help with this kind of cleansing. This can be amplified especially if the object is connected to the season that is going out and you use the transition period of a season to do this, remember timing is everything, but if you use the seasonal period of time you could easily do this in a week instead of a month of days. Remember also other amplifiers could speed this up such as ritual, or burying it using ritual ash.

Salt: You can bury it in salt in a baggie as well, likely using a container of salt. Everyone has different opinions on what salt to use, personally, I say go with whatever is on hand. Do not bury the salt in the earth, it will ruin the ground.

Sunlight and Moonlight cleansings are good common practices as well, with the waning moon being excellent for banishing. Till a full moon, and expose the item to moonlight till the moon is now at its least point, then remove. Make sure not to be more than a day or two late on getting it, otherwise you are now charging it with moon energy.

Crystal Grids are another awesome option for cleansing an item. I personally prefer quartz for this, but I could easily see a good option being to start with Black Tourmaline, moving to Smokey Quartz a few days after, and then clear quartz to represent the cleansing properties of each stone, but also the passage from "dark to clear" as tourmaline has quartz in it.

Those should be enough to get you started, of course feel free to combine methods, or expand into full ritual the crystal grid.
ASTER wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:44 pm This was really good advice I have never seen before. 🤔 Thank you @Charles_Odinforce .

More than glad to help :]

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
CleverGirl
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I think lots of great info here has been covered! I also just want to reinforce what I believe Lewk said - protection! I can't stress that enough :) Protection, warding, and cleansing are very important. Also want to reinforce that it does take some self-reflection. Ie. I felt that I needed balance in my protection so I have both white and dark arts on my protection team, because it also made the most sense for my situations. Just assess your situations from different angles, consider your preferences and stay protected :)

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter
calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I cannot add any more specialized advice than what others have already mentioned. There are many ways to protect yourself and you should use ALL of them. After my spirit companions, my personal favorite is witchcraft. I have a visualization technique that I use most every morning. Blessed be on your journey.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

I very much enjoy your list of protectors. I have to add immortals. Right off the gate. if you are newer like me. some can be very intense some very soothing so you may want to ask around before you get. I have been very surprised by immortals I cannot say favorite, but they have been sticking out recently for protection. not even having to ask them.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

madgar29 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:21 am I very much enjoy your list of protectors. I have to add immortals. Right off the gate. if you are newer like me. some can be very intense some very soothing so you may want to ask around before you get. I have been very surprised by immortals I cannot say favorite, but they have been sticking out recently for protection. not even having to ask them.
More than glad to be of help!

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Tokala wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:04 pm What would you say are some of the best types of spirits to protect against almost anything including psychic attack, evil eye type stuff, sleep paralysis, demonic attacks, interdimensional attacks on multiple levels, and curses etc?
Wraith. Minimal instruction. No nonsense straight to the point. They're your marines right. Dudes will just run through the window no questions asked haha. Cheers and happy new years!

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Tokala wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:04 pm What would you say are some of the best types of spirits to protect against almost anything including psychic attack, evil eye type stuff, sleep paralysis, demonic attacks, interdimensional attacks on multiple levels, and curses etc?
demonic attacks.... interdimensional attacks.... curses....

oddly sounds familiar with myself. I had many protectors. but something kept slipping through them. I have asked them to protect me but I will be honest I have not done the leg work like I needed to do. to ask them to do specific tasks and for my master spirit to nudge them to keep going. still haven't for most BUT I am slowly working on every single one of them to become part of the team. and informing the masters on a individual level. and writing it all down and will be printing it out and put on my wall so everyone can see how much of a freak I am but I don't care. lol

However when this happens someone somewhere somehow notices my rise. and tries to put me back down again rather it was a hex, curse, being, group of beings, or a contract (been getting rid of alot of old soul contracts that were filled but never ripped up). we wont go into details. but they noticed and I started to feel negative effects again. so I got a immortal that said demon w/e. without doing my research lol. but it worked out for the best.

They were bridged. before they got home but when I got them. I would say 2 hours after welcoming them into the home. I am being asked if they can engage something demonic. I agreed and immediately I felt lighter. I felt lighter in two ways though one when they were asking it was intense two the negative affects they literally feel like weights sometimes you're carrying but they literally went away.

also. on the forums I have heard amazing things or was it reviews. on blind a demon spell binding. if u ever feel attacked u just use the binding and how u want to. just trying to use my experience to help your experiences because I have felt several things u are saying.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/blind-a-demon-spell.html

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/great-wa ... r-orb.html
Black Arts Spirits & Entities of all 3 Realms (Demons, Demonic Entities, Feeders, Parasites, etc)
Black Magick, Curses, Hexes, Evil Eyes, Taboos, etc.

and I have many protectors :)
even before the immortal.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/indra-th ... iller.html - Indra
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/japanese-shoki.html - Shoki I had to look up very sad story behind him.

Another good protector for this issue that I got that I need to spend quality time with my Rikabash Spirit - if you go to rare spirits on CH. word for word deals with greater black arts where they should not be.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/rikabash ... ory_id=463
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/rare-liv ... ancer.html - RARE DA ENTITY - They are not for the faint of heart - So they are probably pretty INTENSE. They stick out to me because they dont just go head to head in brute force vs. demonic. their picture on the shop says it all. lets them get close before striking.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... gue-1.html - even on sale - they stick out to me because of what they say about them. anyone who defies the grace of free will. but they are INTENSE and you have to know how to HANDLE THEM. and if i am reading this right they are not a spirit but an entity? - i would love a devil eater but in time.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... layer.html - They took down incredible beasts, monsters, and evil/demonic entities
They are Immortal as well as an Angel. - but CH does have them under DA.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/enochian ... owers.html - custom conjure for an angel that protect humans from demons

Caesus - I think people have nicknamed them Nightwatchers. - no idea how they are they just have my interest.

I have WA, GA, DA. which I'm not going to lie I don't understand the energy system very well iv personally have felt WA be more aggressive towards me depending on who they are than some DA spirits I have being very sweet to ME anyways maybe not to others. but. just a personal experience.

ultimately my personal goal is to heal and repair myself enough so that my energy gets to high where they cant bug me even if they wanted to or very easily know myself if something is off. I believe that is the hardest part is that between phase of pushing them out and healing. because you can feel very defeated if they push themselves back in after work u put in.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
RedWine
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

madgar29 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:13 am
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/blind-a-demon-spell.html

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/great-wa ... r-orb.html
Black Arts Spirits & Entities of all 3 Realms (Demons, Demonic Entities, Feeders, Parasites, etc)
Black Magick, Curses, Hexes, Evil Eyes, Taboos, etc.

and I have many protectors :)
even before the immortal.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/indra-th ... iller.html - Indra
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/japanese-shoki.html - Shoki I had to look up very sad story behind him.

Another good protector for this issue that I got that I need to spend quality time with my Rikabash Spirit - if you go to rare spirits on CH. word for word deals with greater black arts where they should not be.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/rikabash ... ory_id=463
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/rare-liv ... ancer.html - RARE DA ENTITY - They are not for the faint of heart - So they are probably pretty INTENSE. They stick out to me because they dont just go head to head in brute force vs. demonic. their picture on the shop says it all. lets them get close before striking.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... gue-1.html - even on sale - they stick out to me because of what they say about them. anyone who defies the grace of free will. but they are INTENSE and you have to know how to HANDLE THEM. and if i am reading this right they are not a spirit but an entity? - i would love a devil eater but in time.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... layer.html - They took down incredible beasts, monsters, and evil/demonic entities
They are Immortal as well as an Angel. - but CH does have them under DA.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/enochian ... owers.html - custom conjure for an angel that protect humans from demons

Caesus - I think people have nicknamed them Nightwatchers. - no idea how they are they just have my interest.

I have WA, GA, DA. which I'm not going to lie I don't understand the energy system very well iv personally have felt WA be more aggressive towards me depending on who they are than some DA spirits I have being very sweet to ME anyways maybe not to others. but. just a personal experience.

ultimately my personal goal is to heal and repair myself enough so that my energy gets to high where they cant bug me even if they wanted to or very easily know myself if something is off. I believe that is the hardest part is that between phase of pushing them out and healing. because you can feel very defeated if they push themselves back in after work u put in.

Hi Madgar29,

Thanks for the links i greatly appreciate it :)

*>*
Love Light and Dark Blessings

Return to “Protection”