Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel and Volkh
If I could be anything, I would be...: Source
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DveneKY

Can you be initiated by your own spirits and attuned to their powers, so you can work with their power more directly? Such as attunements sold on etsy

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

DveneKY wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:24 pm Can you be initiated by your own spirits and attuned to their powers, so you can work with their power more directly? Such as attunements sold on etsy
This is how I see things.

I can't comment on Etsy attunements but I know theoretically we can become attuned to our spirits: by bonding, done either by us ourselves, and/or with the help of things like CH bonding items, spirit keeping bindings & the spells in the Great Arts Guidance books.

I've noticed in a few of your questions you've focused on spirits' 'powers'. Do you know what you mean by that? Perhaps you mean abilities? Or status? Power can be such a buzzword but what do we mean, if we break that down?

For me there's power - that could mean how strong their energy feels to me. Or it could mean powerful in the sense of being able to command respect and obedience. It's good to be able to attune to a spirit companion's energy. That to me is part of bonding; part of becoming familiar with them.

Then there's powers - can we call them abilities? There are so many abilities to choose from. Mainly these are abilities that can be used on our behalf or used to impart influence on us and our lives.

I think the most important way to attune to a spirit to enable them to impart their influence more directly on us is the initial 30 day bonding period. Then giving clear, realistic, measurable tasks, often within realistic timescales is best. The close relationship is what attunes us best.

To me that point is a key thing.

The closer attuned we are with a spirit, the more on the same page we are with each other, the more easily they can impart influence on us or for us. If we don't have much to do with a bound spirit companion, they'll still try to connect with us and help us but when they're on the inside track with us, so to speak, they seem to be able to impart that influence more directly.

I hope that makes sense.

However we can aid or supplement those bonding efforts. ..eg

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/connect-charge-box.html

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/bonding- ... anion.html

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-i ... spell.html

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CONNECTI ... IRITS.html

Basically you can just search the CH Shop for the word bond and search through all the results that come up. And there's all the tips on the Encyclopedia pages.

If CH talks more about bonding than attuning to spirit companions' 'powers', as such - which I think they do and which is why I'm stressing it - there's undoubtedly a very good reason for that. It may seem like a subtle or nit-picking distinction but sometimes subtle things turn tp to be important clues.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oops...I've done that thing I sometimes do and missed out one whole part of your question. Apologies for that.

Can we be initiated by spirits?

Going back to first principles again, what do we mean by initiation? I've been initiated into several spiritual traditions, one way or another. And that's how I think of initiation: joining a tradition. Maybe a closed group.

It can happen if we're on our own, solitary path too. I like what occult author Murry Hope used to say about magical initiation. It's like searching for a gas leak with a lighted match. We're not sure at first if there's anything there at all but then, boom, we find there's far more than we expected.

If we look at a dictionary definition, this came up on Google.

initiation
ɪˌnɪʃɪˈeɪʃn

noun

* the action of admitting someone into a secret or obscure society or group, typically with a ritual.
* the introduction of someone to a particular activity or skill.
* the action of beginning something.

Yes, our spirits can and do mentor us spiritually/magically. I think actual initiation in the first sense maybe less common. Maybe because I've done that in my life already, I'm not looking out for that so much with my bound spirit companions.

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

DveneKY wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:24 pm Can you be initiated by your own spirits and attuned to their powers, so you can work with their power more directly? Such as attunements sold on etsy
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/dynamic- ... r-orb.html

This might be what you're looking for.

find it again.
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

So there are two meanings to the word attunement. Attunement can mean "now inline and flowing with the energy of ______" or it can mean "having your energy and power moved in line with and flowing with the energy of _______ through an outside means."

In both cases, I'd say yes, your spirits powers are something you CAN become attuned to with practice, offerings, ritual, dedication, meditation, time, and above all else patience.

They can also attune you to some degree with their energy. Unlike an attunement created by and accepted from a practitioner in our realm though you wouldn't have access to a seal, mantra, symbols, or other things used to pass it, plus its moving from an energy very different to yours, to you. Contrastingly, when you are attuned to something like Reiki by a practitioner, their energy is very similar to yours already, human to human no matter what else you are. So long as you are in a living human body, that means its easier to work with an attunement passed to you by another human.

Classically in occultism of many forms practitioners would attune to the four elements by subjecting themselves to the elemental powers manifestation in our realm. Such things can be harsh, and dangerous, so of course take precaution, but it gives a good metric for understanding all of this.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
starseed
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Malachi Bloodfeather

You could try the Infusions and other services listed in the Shop to help you.Have'nt really done much for me personally and i've had dozens over 10 plus years but i'm naturally grounded/dense/blocked and pretty lazy about meditation,energy work,time with spirits etc. Some others have reported good results though.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”