Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've been doing tulpamancy for close to a year now. I wanted to know if there are any other tulpamancers out there on this website that would like to talk.

For those of you who do not know what a tulpa is:
wikipedia wrote:Tulpa is a concept in Theosophy, mysticism, and the paranormal, of an object or being that is created through spiritual or mental powers. Modern practitioners, who call themselves "tulpamancers", use the term to refer to a type of willed imaginary friend which practitioners consider to be sentient and relatively independent.
I have a grand total of 22 tulpas. They're all fantastic and based on fictional characters I either created for a story or from my imaginary friends from childhood.

I want to hear from other tulpamancers out there who are active practitioners. I'm curious about your experiences.

For those curious on how to make a tulpa:

Depending on what side of the internet your browsing, tulpas are either entirely metaphysical or entirely mental. A lot of times you can create tulpas through placebo effect. All you need to do is create what's called a "wonderland" for your tulpa to stay in. The wonderland can be anything. My wonderland for my tulpa Santi is a very tranquil valley with nothing but whitish purple flowers, one lonely purple tree, and silvery purple skies. Yours can be anything you want, but this is where the tulpa resides.

Then, you dream up what you want your tulpa to be. It can be anything, much like servitors. BEAR IN MIND, YOUR TULPA WILL CHANGE OVER TIME. I recommend you create just the image of your tulpa first with NO personality because, since your tulpa is sentient, he or she will change over the course of their and your life time. Within a year, they may not even be the same as they once were.

From here, the placebo effect begins. I do NOT use energy work for creating a tulpa, but you are more than welcome to begin with energy work and creating a ball of light. This ball of light is a thoughtform and will begin the process of the tulpa.

My process is entirely different. I skip this step because I do not view tulpas as entirely metaphysical. I simply begin talking to them. I write to them, sing to them, eat certain foods with them, go on walks and outings with them, and treat them as if they're already here with me. At first, it may seem a little strange because you're talking to "yourself." DO NOT VIEW IT LIKE THIS. ALWAYS VIEW IT AS YOU'RE TALKING TO YOUR TULPA. SENTIENCE BEGINS AT CREATION. You can stifle progress if you doubt yourself too much. ALWAYS assume any and all signs are from the tulpa. It helps them gain their sentience.

Eventually, you'll begin feeling things that you're not sure are entirely you. You'll feel thoughts coming at you that do not seem like your own. Reponses to questions or comments will invade your mind. You'll also feel emotions, maybe even receive mental images. This is what's called, in the community, "tulpish." This is your tulpa communicating to you the best they can before vocalization (yes, you read that right. They. Can. Talk). Again, ALWAYS assume it's your tulpa speaking. Do not doubt. Trust in the placebo.

From here, they'll begin gaining more and more sentience. Eventually, you should hear your tulpa speak in a sort of "mind voice" that seems to be coming from within. This is normal.

Things to know about tulpas
  • DO NOT CREATE ONE IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN HAVINGA PERMANENT FRIEND. Some believe you can code a kill switch to a tulpa. I do NOT. Tulpas are there with you for LIFE. They're a life time responsibility. They're sentient, and if you're not okay with spending the rest of your life with someone who has sentience, then they're not for you.
  • Tulpas can eventually, through guided practice, perform what's called "possession." They "front" when they're in control of your body. THIS IS OPTIONAL AND IS NO EASY TASK!!!! So don't freak out lol.
  • Tulpas cannot be controlled. They're entirely sentient on their own. DO NOT CREATE ONE IF YOU'RE NOT OKAY WITH THEM BECOMING THEIR OWN PERSON!!!!!
  • Tulpas experience life with you, especially if you believe they're entirely mental. Some consider them hallucinations. Some consider them a separate consciousness living inside you. Some consider them metaphysical beings entirely capable of everything a spirit or supernatural being can do. Some consider their creation and existence similar to that of those experiencing Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) (formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder), Other Dissociative Disorders not otherwise specified and even schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder.
  • The experience for tulpas is not a one-size fits all. Some have created tulpas without a wonderland. Others have one for them. It's entirely subjective and a person-by-person basis. What you experience with tulpas may not be the same as another person. That's the great thing about them -- the experience is entirely unique!!!
  • Some people create tulpas to help with trauma and mental illnesses. Mine help me view things differently, help me get out more and stop being so depressed, talk to me all the time, and encourage me to try new things. They're perfect for anyone going through extreme loneliness, as they provide companionship. Most people's experiences with tulpas are overwhelming positive!
  • There are case studies done on the creating of tulpas. I'll link a few for you to check out below:
https://pages.uoregon.edu/hodgeslab/fil ... i_2003.pdf
http://somatosphere.net/2015/varieties- ... orld.html/
http://web.archive.org/web/201703150818 ... b2d2iw.pdf
https://savageminds.org/2016/02/13/para ... in-common/
https://web.archive.org/web/20180523140 ... oughtforms
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5469545/
http://pubs.sciepub.com/rpbs/5/2/1/

Closing thoughts and comments

Tulpamancy is a magnificent branch of the metaphysical. For almost an entire year, I've had pleasant experiences with my tulpas that I'd love to share with others! I think anyone is capable of creating and experiencing a tulpa. They make beautiful companions

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

I'm creating a tulpa to keep me company. I've been feeding for some time now. I created with the form of a woman. I know she will get stronger and stronger. I can't wait to feel it.

Redastheday
new here
new here
You are...: experienced

Wow I've never heard of these. I'm definitely going to be doing alot of research. Thank you for all the in-depth information

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

santiesgirl wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:40 pm I've been doing tulpamancy for close to a year now. I wanted to know if there are any other tulpamancers out there on this website that would like to talk. [...]
Although I haven't done conscious creation of Tulpas, I've been interested in that for some years (as well as other thought form practices).

I've read Alexandra David-Neel's Magic and Mystery in Tibet (1929), in which she describes her mentoring by senior Llamas in advanced Tibetan Buddhist practices and how she then secretly created a Friar Tuck Tulpa for herself that took on a life of its own, was seen by other Tibetans, who she hadn't told about it, began to be destructive and had to be destroyed (which took a while). That is only a short passage in the book by the way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa#Ale ... -N%C3%A9el

I also find the use of a wonderland in current, western Tulpa creation to be interesting, as it mirrors the traditional use in Buddhism of pure lands - paradisical backgrounds that you see in Buddhist art, where a deity is depicted as residing. You use that in the advanced Jnana mudra, imaginary consort practice, when meeting, say Goddess Tara or Vajra Yogini.

That to me is also not too far away from the creation of an ultra-comfortable, paradise-like space in which to meet spirits, that CH teaches.

see also https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spell-fo ... adise.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
marauderkaelyn
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: gregori watchers :>
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

This thread has been such an interesting read so far, I'm looking forward to reading more tulpamancy experiences! I'm not a practicioner though it is definitely something I want to look into sometime. Thank you for providing these informational resources!
marcoank wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:30 pm I'm creating a tulpa to keep me company. I've been feeding for some time now. I created with the form of a woman. I know she will get stronger and stronger. I can't wait to feel it.
I hope things have been going well for you! If you would be comfortable with sharing updates I'd be definitely interested in hearing more!
Lewk wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:56 pm
That to me is also not too far away from the creation of an ultra-comfortable, paradise-like space in which to meet spirits, that CH teaches.

Oh wow, that was one of the first things I kind of naturally created when I started a meditation routine. Very cool binding, thanks for sharing!

♡ ~ A ~ ♡ ~ S ~ ♡ ~ P ~ ♡ ~ K ~ ♡ ~ V ~ ♡ ~ J ~ ♡ ~ R ~ ♡
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

marauderkaelyn wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:18 pm
Lewk wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:56 pm

Oh wow, that was one of the first things I kind of naturally created when I started a meditation routine. Very cool binding, thanks for sharing!
You're welcome.

I think this is a way our human minds / consciousnesses naturally function. If you think about it, dreams or the dreamscape is a setting in which spirits may visit us. We certainly experience meeting people in dreams. And I think our spirit companions find it easy - or comfortable to create shared visionary scenarios in which they can interact with us, rather than just be 'there' with no context. They seem to also experience existing within detailed locations in their realms, or the astral etc. And appearing fully, concretely in our physical world is not easy for them to do and may also be uncomfortable, compared with a shared visionary setting.

Yes, purelands (as in Tibetan Buddhism & related tulpamancy) and paradises must be quite natural, if you see what I mean. It also relates to helping us be at our best when we do spirit work.

find it again.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

Madame Pamita described a technique that involves taking a cat figurine, and tasking it with going out and bringing back prosperity to you, and giving it rewards of catnip.

So I’ve gone ahead and begun that project. One of my side jobs has since begun paying more. :) Catnip time!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:07 pm Madame Pamita described a technique that involves taking a cat figurine, and tasking it with going out and bringing back prosperity to you, and giving it rewards of catnip.

So I’ve gone ahead and begun that project. One of my side jobs has since begun paying more. :) Catnip time!
That is fascinating.

It resonates for me with the Chaos magic idea of creating sigil servitors, or of assuming a god form and granting your own prayers...or cosmic ordering.

From creating Tulpas to sending our wishes out into the Universe for processing and enacting all seem rather like just other ways of intentionally turning our thought forms into reality.

find it again.
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. Would I be correct in assuming that a Tulpa is basically an imaginary friend who gains it own sentience? 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
Zodiac:

VanNocturne wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:14 am 0x. Would I be correct in assuming that a Tulpa is basically an imaginary friend who gains it own sentience? 0x.
That's actually correct! I've added more since this post, and my family continues to grow. Some of my tulpas were imaginary friends, and I believe they were tulpas at some point, too. There's a distinct memory of when my imaginary friend gave me advice, and I literally remember thinking to myself soon after, "How does he give such good advice?" It's amazing!

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires