new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel and Volkh
If I could be anything, I would be...: Source
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DveneKY

The end desired outside is the same. Why would anyone want to prefer the white over the black or black over the white path/magick. Also where do you guys think dark arts or magick falls into place here?

For eg. Mainly status, wealth, love & sex
Which i would say each path would have a different flavour of obtained desired outcome.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 243
Spelled Number: 187
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

DveneKY wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:35 pm
The end desired outside is the same. Why would anyone want to prefer the white over the black or black over the white path/magick. Also where do you guys think dark arts or magick falls into place here?
First of all, it's definitely not a choice between WA and Black Arts. And LHP is not a path of BA and aligning with evil, malevolence & causing destruction. LHP is basically Dark Arts. Dark Arts are also not about achieving aims through malevolent, destructive, evil energies, beings and means. DA has its own energy, different to WA. It's our choice as humans to not do wrong.

This article is essential reading on that.

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

The dichotomy or choice is between WA & DA.

'Preference' may not be it exactly. 'Alignment' might be a better word. But, yes, based on alignment we'll have preferences. Over time we get a sense of where we are on that DA/WA scale; what our energy & personality is like.

The CH view is that all humans are DA. One word used for that is 'duplicitous'. That word doesn't just mean deceptive.

'The idea of doubleness is at the core of duplicity. Duplicity comes from a Latin word meaning "double" or "twofold,'

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/duplicitous

So as humans we can choose to do right or wrong. And we can use both WA & DA approaches, even if we lean heavily towards one. In fact it's probably quite healthy for us to have some DA beings as a WA Keeper, maybe light grey ones, eg Gargoyles & Psy Vampires. And vice versa for DA/LHP followers.

On a side note - others may chip in here - I think the idea of what the label of LHP means is forever changing. This Wikipedia article, which you may have read, summarises that neatly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand ... -hand_path
DveneKY wrote:
Which i would say each path would have a different flavour of obtained desired outcome.
Not sure I see it that way.

If you've won millions on a lottery, your bank account balance has the same figure, whether you used DA or WA methods to help win it.

'Tone' - I think it's the tone of our lives that is affected by the energy. I find that when using the WA or DA energy gathering spells in the CH Great Guidance books on WA or DA. I may see and feel a lot of soft, white, supportive light and energy around me after I've done WA energy gathering and darker, sort of warmer energy around me after the DA one.

So for me the energy and tone of my subjective experience is where the difference lies.

And there must be quite a few people like me who are eclectic and who resist being labelled neatly as LHP or RHP. I pick and choose for myself.

If I say I don't believe in the Abrahamic idea of God and don't feel obliged to follow all conventions, want to decide for myself and have power over my own life...it may sound like I'm stereotypically LHP. But I'm mainly WA-leaning and have worked far more with WA-type energies than DA. That doesn't make me RHP either. Most of my life I've been on the alternative, counter culture side, in opposition to a lot of conventions.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/
DveneKY
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel and Volkh
If I could be anything, I would be...: Source
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DveneKY

Lewk wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:51 pm
DveneKY wrote:
First of all, it's definitely not a choice between WA and Black Arts. And LHP is not a path of BA and aligning with evil, malevolence & causing destruction. LHP is basically Dark Arts. Dark Arts are also not about achieving aims through malevolent, destructive, evil energies, beings and means. DA has its own energy, different to WA. It's our choice as humans to not do wrong.

This article is essential reading on that.

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

The dichotomy or choice is between WA & DA.

'Preference' may not be it exactly. 'Alignment' might be a better word. But, yes, based on alignment we'll have preferences. Over time we get a sense of where we are on that DA/WA scale; what our energy & personality is like.

The CH view is that all humans are DA. One word used for that is 'duplicitous'. That word doesn't just mean deceptive.

'The idea of doubleness is at the core of duplicity. Duplicity comes from a Latin word meaning "double" or "twofold,'

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/duplicitous

So as humans we can choose to do right or wrong. And we can use both WA & DA approaches, even if we lean heavily towards one. In fact it's probably quite healthy for us to have some DA beings as a WA Keeper, maybe light grey ones, eg Gargoyles & Psy Vampires. And vice versa for DA/LHP followers.

On a side note - others may chip in here - I think the idea of what the label of LHP means is forever changing. This Wikipedia article, which you may have read, summarises that neatly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand ... -hand_path
DveneKY wrote:
Not sure I see it that way.

If you've won millions on a lottery, your bank account balance has the same figure, whether you used DA or WA methods to help win it.

'Tone' - I think it's the tone of our lives that is affected by the energy. I find that when using the WA or DA energy gathering spells in the CH Great Guidance books on WA or DA. I may see and feel a lot of soft, white, supportive light and energy around me after I've done WA energy gathering and darker, sort of warmer energy around me after the DA one.

So for me the energy and tone of my subjective experience is where the difference lies.

And there must be quite a few people like me who are eclectic and who resist being labelled neatly as LHP or RHP. I pick and choose for myself.

If I say I don't believe in the Abrahamic idea of God and don't feel obliged to follow all conventions, want to decide for myself and have power over my own life...it may sound like I'm stereotypically LHP. But I'm mainly WA-leaning and have worked far more with WA-type energies than DA. That doesn't make me RHP either. Most of my life I've been on the alternative, counter culture side, in opposition to a lot of conventions.

Thank you Lewk, you are always awesome. came back to re-learn things. sorry i havent replied to other posts but i make it clear here with my gratitude

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 243
Spelled Number: 187
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

DveneKY wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:11 am

[...]

Thank you Lewk, you are always awesome. came back to re-learn things. sorry i havent replied to other posts but i make it clear here with my gratitude
Thank you for that. As always, it's good to know when something I've posted is useful.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Return to “Black Magic”