Predictive dreams and visions

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master

I have a question for those who see predictive dreams and visions, how do you recognize when a dream or vision is a prediction and when one is just a dream?

I realize it was a prediction only after the event happened. I tried to see a recurring pattern, a feeling, or an energy signature that is common and could make me understand the difference between regular dream and prediction, but I have not found it yet.

Background info: from time to time, I see predictive dreams and visions, honestly not a gift I enjoy having and that I have cultivated, something I have had from young age that nowadays is more accentuated than before.

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

Same for me, only realize they are predictions after the events occurred.
There was one dream that confused the heck out of me . One of my friends was moping around my house saying "15 days". Over and over and over. I tried to ask her what would happen in 15 days, but she would only pause, look at me, then repeat "15 days". It felt different than a normal dream. I marked it on my calendar, and scraped through all the details in my dream to find clues but nothing made sense. Just a deep feeling that something was going to happen.
Sure enough , 15 days later I had a very very very significant life changing day. But I remember at the end of that day thinking "really?! What the heck kind of insight is that!"

I had a dream about water filling up a rental which I was looking at. It came from downstairs, flooding from the downstairs neighbors into the rental I was looking at. Though it had that weird predictive feeling, I didn't think too much of it Because the rental I was looking at was a bottom floor unit.
Well the day of, I was walking around the unit preparing to move in, when the bathroom started gushing sewer water (seriously was like a fountain πŸ˜†) all over the floor and filling the entire unit.
Looking back at the dream, I could have put it together enough to at least pass on the unit. But no..it wasn't clear enough so I had to learn a...crappy lesson lol

Most of my predictive type dreams don't really seem to assist me with anything. For example, my friend who I hadn't met yet in real life (we were online friends and he lives on the other side of the world).. showed up in a few of my dreams. In one of them, he was having me give him a tattoo on his shoulder. I noticed a full back tattoo which was very detailed and geometric, on him. A couple days later we were talking online and he told me his plans for future tats on his back shoulder . He showed me a picture of his full back tattoo, which looked just like in my dream. Exactly like it.
Again, I'm thinking.. what good is this for? Lol I can't do anything with it, and can't tell him either. πŸ™„

The only common theme with these dreams, is the deep feeling that accompanies them. I don't know how I know, I just do. And it lingers for a few days. But they are so fleeting and random that I don't try to work with them. Plus they are kind of annoying. πŸ˜†

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Here I come with mine to the party πŸŽ‰ 😁
I am not a lucid type of dreamer. And I bearly if ever I get to remember a single dream.

But then, some nights I do have this reoccurring dream pattern... at least I do have that. ;) I am a crime investigator, working with 4 person in a team and I lead. Each times I am going through buildings... I have never seen or been before. I talk and guide the others and looking for the missing bodies and catching criminals.

Each dream has this pattern to it but gets a little different, places, people, building, day or night time investigations. It's vivid, real and I know and follow an invisible guide of mine that actually helps me with my investigations. (This much I have figured last time.)

In my last dream, it turned out, I have been very good at it, caching bad guys. The dreams always stays with me for few days. I have no ideal what is the meaning behind them or why I do have these prominent, alarming, often hair raising (dead body, blood) kind of lucid dreams.

I do observe people much more and trying to figure things that is not obvious, since I have these dreams reoccurring for over two years now. So tell me if you have a clue. Maybe I do have an investigatior spirit with me? πŸ€” 😁

400✨AsterπŸ’«Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Angelik wrote: ↑Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:45 am I have a question for those who see predictive dreams and visions, how do you recognize when a dream or vision is a prediction and when one is just a dream?

I realize it was a prediction only after the event happened. I tried to see a recurring pattern, a feeling, or an energy signature that is common and could make me understand the difference between regular dream and prediction, but I have not found it yet.

Background info: from time to time, I see predictive dreams and visions, honestly not a gift I enjoy having and that I have cultivated, something I have had from young age that nowadays is more accentuated than before.
Two ways. First way is when it just has that unmistakable 'aura' about it. You just know, without having to think about it. I've only had one or two of the classic about something about to happen in the world.

Second way - which I've had a great deal - I realise afterwards. An odd word, phrase, or colour, or picture comes to mind. And I mull the word over, wondering what exactly it means. Is it my intuition processing something, or is it a message from one of my spirits? But it doesn't quite ring true for either. Then I think it about it logically from as many angles as possible, still puzzled...it doesn't compute...and I stop trying.

Some time later that day I'll see something, on the tv for example, and it just flashes through my awareness, kind of resonates / stands out. And I realise that's what it was. I just know. It's like being a bystander to it, rather than trying to work it out afterwards.

This is rarely something important and significant for world events and is usually just things in my near future coming through early. Sometimes it's more noteworthy. For example the time a relative returned from Bali. I saw a face in my morning meditation. When I visited said relative later that day the wooden head of a local goddess they'd brought back from Bali was precisely what I'd seen. Its energy had popped through the time meridians (as I've sometimes thought of it) so I saw it before I saw it - but because I saw it, even though that happened later.

Another way I could describe it is like when someone has a dream then, after waking, forgets all about it then later on sees something that immediately reminds them of their dream. Then they might say: "That's just broken my dream."

(Not in the sense that someone has broken dreams, ie unfulfilled desires.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

I know when I have a foreshadowing dream when he is very lucid.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Premonitions run on the maternal side of my family. So I often have lucid dreams constantly, pretty much an every week thing. Predictive dreams, or just seeing symbols or messages that correspond to my real world, sometimes it's obvious and I can connect the dots. I used to have premonition dreams of my ex-partner all the time, but that's when we were in a relationship, she is one of my soulmates. She would also have premonitions of me, but mine come strongly in dreams. I never experienced such a thing with anyone else at all, but those dreams often were negative lol. The feeling would be different than a nightmare, in the past the bad thing would actually happen.

I guess I just...know? I feel like at this point now that I'm 30 I don't spend time second guessing or hesitating about what I'm seeing and feeling. There is always a type of feeling. I get a type of feeling too when I forgot something, and left it somewhere. Sometimes for me it means I just cannot forget it...it elicits some kind of aloof or alarmed feeling in me.

I guess what I consider mundane as a dream is when there's a lack of synchronicity (to the waking world). If my body and mind aren't telling me, I often just brush it off.

"λ‚΄κ°€ κΏˆμ—λ‚˜μ™€λ„ 그건 κ·€μ‹ μ΄λ‚˜ κ΄΄ν•œμ΄ μ•„λ‹ˆμ•Ό. μ²œμ‚¬μ§€."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Sysygy wrote: ↑Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:30 am Same for me, only realize they are predictions after the events occurred.
There was one dream that confused the heck out of me . One of my friends was moping around my house saying "15 days". Over and over and over. I tried to ask her what would happen in 15 days, but she would only pause, look at me, then repeat "15 days". It felt different than a normal dream. I marked it on my calendar, and scraped through all the details in my dream to find clues but nothing made sense. Just a deep feeling that something was going to happen.
Sure enough , 15 days later I had a very very very significant life changing day. But I remember at the end of that day thinking "really?! What the heck kind of insight is that!"

I had a dream about water filling up a rental which I was looking at. It came from downstairs, flooding from the downstairs neighbors into the rental I was looking at. Though it had that weird predictive feeling, I didn't think too much of it Because the rental I was looking at was a bottom floor unit.
Well the day of, I was walking around the unit preparing to move in, when the bathroom started gushing sewer water (seriously was like a fountain πŸ˜†) all over the floor and filling the entire unit.
Looking back at the dream, I could have put it together enough to at least pass on the unit. But no..it wasn't clear enough so I had to learn a...crappy lesson lol

Most of my predictive type dreams don't really seem to assist me with anything. For example, my friend who I hadn't met yet in real life (we were online friends and he lives on the other side of the world).. showed up in a few of my dreams. In one of them, he was having me give him a tattoo on his shoulder. I noticed a full back tattoo which was very detailed and geometric, on him. A couple days later we were talking online and he told me his plans for future tats on his back shoulder . He showed me a picture of his full back tattoo, which looked just like in my dream. Exactly like it.
Again, I'm thinking.. what good is this for? Lol I can't do anything with it, and can't tell him either. πŸ™„

The only common theme with these dreams, is the deep feeling that accompanies them. I don't know how I know, I just do. And it lingers for a few days. But they are so fleeting and random that I don't try to work with them. Plus they are kind of annoying. πŸ˜†
Thanks for sharing, Sysygy! The sewer water dream was probably not something you would have expected to happen for real? oh and that is not fun at all when it happens. πŸ˜… Had similar experience without dreaming of it.

It is the same thing with me, there is some sort of randomness to the subject of which the prediction will be about. Why some things are predicted even if not so relevant and why other more important events are not. That is something that I am not yet understanding why it happens. I have seen also predictive dreams on important events though.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

ASTER wrote: ↑Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:22 am Here I come with mine to the party πŸŽ‰ 😁
I am not a lucid type of dreamer. And I bearly if ever I get to remember a single dream.

But then, some nights I do have this reoccurring dream pattern... at least I do have that. ;) I am a crime investigator, working with 4 person in a team and I lead. Each times I am going through buildings... I have never seen or been before. I talk and guide the others and looking for the missing bodies and catching criminals.

Each dream has this pattern to it but gets a little different, places, people, building, day or night time investigations. It's vivid, real and I know and follow an invisible guide of mine that actually helps me with my investigations. (This much I have figured last time.)

In my last dream, it turned out, I have been very good at it, caching bad guys. The dreams always stays with me for few days. I have no ideal what is the meaning behind them or why I do have these prominent, alarming, often hair raising (dead body, blood) kind of lucid dreams.

I do observe people much more and trying to figure things that is not obvious, since I have these dreams reoccurring for over two years now. So tell me if you have a clue. Maybe I do have an investigatior spirit with me? πŸ€” 😁

ASTER, have you thought of a parallel life you are living as investigator? Or even a past life...this is what comes to my mind. Or maybe that recurring dream is something symbolizing events that are affecting your current life?

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Lewk wrote: ↑Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:39 pm
Angelik wrote: ↑Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:45 am I have a question for those who see predictive dreams and visions, how do you recognize when a dream or vision is a prediction and when one is just a dream?

Two ways. First way is when it just has that unmistakable 'aura' about it. You just know, without having to think about it. I've only had one or two of the classic about something about to happen in the world.

Second way - which I've had a great deal - I realise afterwards. An odd word, phrase, or colour, or picture comes to mind. And I mull the word over, wondering what exactly it means. Is it my intuition processing something, or is it a message from one of my spirits? But it doesn't quite ring true for either. Then I think it about it logically from as many angles as possible, still puzzled...it doesn't compute...and I stop trying.

Some time later that day I'll see something, on the tv for example, and it just flashes through my awareness, kind of resonates / stands out. And I realise that's what it was. I just know. It's like being a bystander to it, rather than trying to work it out afterwards.

This is rarely something important and significant for world events and is usually just things in my near future coming through early. Sometimes it's more noteworthy. For example the time a relative returned from Bali. I saw a face in my morning meditation. When I visited said relative later that day the wooden head of a local goddess they'd brought back from Bali was precisely what I'd seen. Its energy had popped through the time meridians (as I've sometimes thought of it) so I saw it before I saw it - but because I saw it, even though that happened later.

Another way I could describe it is like when someone has a dream then, after waking, forgets all about it then later on sees something that immediately reminds them of their dream. Then they might say: "That's just broken my dream."

(Not in the sense that someone has broken dreams, ie unfulfilled desires.)
Thanks for sharing your insights, Lewk!

Yeah that is what happens, there is somehow a different "aura" than in a regular dream, just a bit hard to recognize straightaway for me, but afterwards it is easy to realize. Probably I should just compare all of the dreams and visions I saw that were predictive and see if there is a common aura to them, but definitely there is some sort of intuition telling me that is not a regular dream or vision. Hard to explain.

Just like you explained, mine too are rarely predictions about what will happen on a large scale. It happened only once, and it was the Tsunami in Indonesia in 2004. Just one week before that happened, I had an intense dream where I felt like I was taken by a huge and strong water stream. It was such a realistic dream and very scary that left me with a bad feeling the whole day. Just when the news of Tsunami came out, I realized what the dream was probably about.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

marcoank wrote: ↑Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:29 pm I know when I have a foreshadowing dream when he is very lucid.
Thanks for sharing marcoank! I see lucid dreams but not all are predictions in my case.

Return to β€œParanormal Experiences”