How does it feel to keep a large amount, 3+, of DA companions?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

madgar29 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:35 pm CH can disagree. i will not argue :P. but humans hold both? no? some humans are SAINTS some are DEMONS. i myself cant classify humanity as one classification. I think CH has its reasons to classify humans as DA its better to cover the bad before the good to make sure people understand the dangers. I dont think CH in any way today wants to be taken wrong. so its better to be careful.
Try reading this article:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en
: )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:18 pm
madgar29 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:35 pm CH can disagree. i will not argue :P. but humans hold both? no? some humans are SAINTS some are DEMONS. i myself cant classify humanity as one classification. I think CH has its reasons to classify humans as DA its better to cover the bad before the good to make sure people understand the dangers. I dont think CH in any way today wants to be taken wrong. so its better to be careful.
Try reading this article:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en
: )
Your right the stigma or dogma of the word dark is what was confusing sorry. When you think dark you typically dont think the way they use the word.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
bunny
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It feels great to keep a large amount of DA companions :) I feel like I connect best with them energetically and relate the best with them when it comes to bonding. I haven't had any bad side effects at all aside from a migraine the first few days with my very first DA spirit. Ever since then it's been smooth sailing!

I will say that it may be more difficult for other people that are sensitive to energies, especially darker energies, to be around you. I've been in a metaphysical shop before where the owner lit sage and cleansed the air around me out of nowhere. I think it was because she could sense one of my DA spirits and assumed that he had bad intentions just because his energy is dark. So it's just something to be mindful of, some people might feel the side effects even if you don't. Lol :P

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I do not believe that DA are inherently dangerous. Some can be naughty and require control. But us humans are also DA!

As a new keeper myself, I am most afraid of how energetic their vessels are. That could transfer into side effects easily. So, I started with a low Class rating for my custom conjured Wraith from CH. My Djinn from CH was a pre-bound, and she was already in Dynamic Class, I can't change that. My first DA is a Commander Fallen Angel entity custom conjured for me from a different vendor. She is probably the most powerful in my keep right now and also a DA, so I was nervous about meeting her. Lol.

But I think for any practitioner as experienced as CH, they'll make sure our DA is safe. I will only go for reputable vendors if I get any more DA. Magnolia mentioned this many times around the encyclopedia and forums.
I believe I'm quite dark and have a list of DAs I'm drawn to but lying to myself by living in denial that I'm not or afraid to get because of how similar we are in characters. Lol. On the other hand, I'm also a sucker for White Arts, because I feel like it's just the kind of energy that I am.

It depends on the darkness of your character versus the darkness of their character's race. Ash has been a great help in answering my questions about Wraith and helping me mentally prepare for side effects if any. I'd recommend contacting CH customer support if you have any further questions as some DAs can be a lot more different than the others.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

angelicpeace wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:52 pm Is it dangerous?

Does one have to get used to it first?

What are your experiences?
Five of my eleven spirits are considered to be DA (the others are four WA, one unknown and one that I simply say is "himself." lol). I've only had to get used to one of my spirits' energy - a werewolf. I met him through an adoption event, so I don't know exactly what rating his energy would be. It was stronger than what I was used to at the time though. I had headaches and some old knee injuries acting up after I knew he was coming home, but before he was bonded to me.

Are they dangerous? I suppose they could be, especially on the darker end of the scale. DA spirits are more like us and can choose whether or not to act on certain things. If I understand correctly though, a good conjuror will vet their spirits and not let truly dangerous ones through - those are more BA spirits. Plus, house rules can go a long way in letting your spirits know what your boundaries are - and boundaries are a *good* thing, both in spiritkeeping and in life.

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra
Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

Human beings are DA. How does it feel to be around your friends? What about when you're near a human being who's really depressed, wrathful or secretly seething? What vibes do you get? Basically DA spirits aren't much different than people and their vibes in that respect, with some variations.

Depending on the DA spirit, sometimes you barely notice any difference. My various fox spirits are DA but they're so incredibly warm, sweet, adorable and love cuddles!!!

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

I recently received my first DA from CH. It was a Wraith and the fourth spirit in my keep. Before the Wraith, the only one in my keep that was closest to DA is my Fallen Angel which I got from another seller. Seller never specified what kind of energy she has but given that she is able to perform almost any king of magick, including BA, I figured she is on the more darker side of DA. Since she was my first spirit, been around for 2 months, and I didn't feel any side effect when she first came, I figured I can handle a Wraith from CH at class 5 level 3 binding. Well, my Wraith came last week and for several days I was having headaches, low on energy, and feeling lethargic. I recovered after 4-5 days but I can tell it did have an effect on my immune system because couple of days later I was having cold/flu like symptoms such as running nose, congestion, and sore throat. Beside these physical symptoms, I don't have anything psychology related. My dreams are fine, no nightmares (though I never have a single nightmare in my life, at least not that I can remember). Didn't see anything change in my mood (beside the low energy and lethargy the first few days), no change I thoughts pattern, etc. So is having DA dangerous? No, at least not for me and I get over the physical symptoms fairly quickly.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Darknorth wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:11 pm I recently received my first DA from CH. It was a Wraith and the fourth spirit in my keep. Before the Wraith, the only one in my keep that was closest to DA is my Fallen Angel which I got from another seller. Seller never specified what kind of energy she has but given that she is able to perform almost any king of magick, including BA, I figured she is on the more darker side of DA. Since she was my first spirit, been around for 2 months, and I didn't feel any side effect when she first came, I figured I can handle a Wraith from CH at class 5 level 3 binding. Well, my Wraith came last week and for several days I was having headaches, low on energy, and feeling lethargic. I recovered after 4-5 days but I can tell it did have an effect on my immune system because couple of days later I was having cold/flu like symptoms such as running nose, congestion, and sore throat. Beside these physical symptoms, I don't have anything psychology related. My dreams are fine, no nightmares (though I never have a single nightmare in my life, at least not that I can remember). Didn't see anything change in my mood (beside the low energy and lethargy the first few days), no change I thoughts pattern, etc. So is having DA dangerous? No, at least not for me and I get over the physical symptoms fairly quickly.
My Keep tells you to tell your Wraith to reduce the energy level, and it will make your head feel lighter.
I didn't become sick, but my head felt heavy and I had no idea what was going on until almost 2 weeks later when I asked my Wraith. As soon as I did, my head felt like normal again.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Elijah wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:35 pm
Darknorth wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:11 pm I recently received my first DA from CH. It was a Wraith and the fourth spirit in my keep. Before the Wraith, the only one in my keep that was closest to DA is my Fallen Angel which I got from another seller. Seller never specified what kind of energy she has but given that she is able to perform almost any king of magick, including BA, I figured she is on the more darker side of DA. Since she was my first spirit, been around for 2 months, and I didn't feel any side effect when she first came, I figured I can handle a Wraith from CH at class 5 level 3 binding. Well, my Wraith came last week and for several days I was having headaches, low on energy, and feeling lethargic. I recovered after 4-5 days but I can tell it did have an effect on my immune system because couple of days later I was having cold/flu like symptoms such as running nose, congestion, and sore throat. Beside these physical symptoms, I don't have anything psychology related. My dreams are fine, no nightmares (though I never have a single nightmare in my life, at least not that I can remember). Didn't see anything change in my mood (beside the low energy and lethargy the first few days), no change I thoughts pattern, etc. So is having DA dangerous? No, at least not for me and I get over the physical symptoms fairly quickly.
My Keep tells you to tell your Wraith to reduce the energy level, and it will make your head feel lighter.
I didn't become sick, but my head felt heavy and I had no idea what was going on until almost 2 weeks later when I asked my Wraith. As soon as I did, my head felt like normal again.
I think I am used to the energy but will definitely talk to my Wraith and my keep.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”