Spirits and the Human Diet

Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Question - does anyone else here sometimes get in trouble with their spirits over diet/food choices? Raise of hands *raised hand over here* - lol.

I'm slowly changing what I eat but I think some of them expect me to go cold turkey over night. This morning I enjoyed a donut, but I immediately heard my mentor ask "what do you think you're doing?" and "we just had this conversation" while I peeled bits and pieces off and stuffed them in my mouth. I didn't even finish the whole thing - I never do - but come on, let me indulge a little. Now I'm regretting it, I'm on a sugar high and I feel like my brain - more specifically the 3rd eye area - is acting funny. My mentor is standing here with a whole "I told ya so" attitude going on.

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

Uh yes but in a completely different way, for the past two months I haven’t been hungry for human food and been eating very little. My friends have been constantly trying to give me ideas and in some cases “forceful” nudges to eat things they enjoy. My one partner, she loves chicken and if I don’t eat properly she turns off my internet until I eat “enough” food or get a chicken dish Lmao.

There is other stuff I want now, but that’s becuase of a ritual that is taking place and is probably the cause of my eating problems the last two months but it’s ok! But ya spirit friends / family care a lot! In your way making sure you don’t overindulge and for me well to actually eat hahah.

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Amberly
venerated member
venerated member

Satella wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:16 pm Uh yes but in a completely different way, for the past two months I haven’t been hungry for human food and been eating very little. My friends have been constantly trying to give me ideas and in some cases “forceful” nudges to eat things they enjoy. My one partner, she loves chicken and if I don’t eat properly she turns off my internet until I eat “enough” food or get a chicken dish Lmao.

There is other stuff I want now, but that’s becuase of a ritual that is taking place and is probably the cause of my eating problems the last two months but it’s ok! But ya spirit friends / family care a lot! In your way making sure you don’t overindulge and for me well to actually eat hahah.
Oh no - LMAO. Don't give her any ideas. I don't need my TV to turn off during the best part or something, not any more than it already does with crappy second rate service.

Right now, I cannot get enough of broccoli but I put cheese and butter in it with salt (because we have unsalted butter at the house). I had some here just a few hours ago and I heard "don't put salt in that, it's bad for your heart." These are things I know and understand but I'm not trying to send my body into a shock with a huge change. Well, my mentor thought since I refused to listen to the salt bit that I was going to be tasting all sorts of "extra salty" in my favorite snack and did it ever taste concentrated. It was like I poured the whole jar in.

I know she cares and she's here to help, but phew she is definitely a strong one.

~Amberly~

Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

I have some who gently tell me when I overindulge: "you will feel sad and guilty after overeating, just a gentle reminder" 😄

And I have a vampire who used to tease me about the fact I am vegan... 😁

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Andariel wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:54 pm Question - does anyone else here sometimes get in trouble with their spirits over diet/food choices? Raise of hands *raised hand over here* - lol.

I'm slowly changing what I eat but I think some of them expect me to go cold turkey over night. This morning I enjoyed a donut, but I immediately heard my mentor ask "what do you think you're doing?" and "we just had this conversation" while I peeled bits and pieces off and stuffed them in my mouth. I didn't even finish the whole thing - I never do - but come on, let me indulge a little. Now I'm regretting it, I'm on a sugar high and I feel like my brain - more specifically the 3rd eye area - is acting funny. My mentor is standing here with a whole "I told ya so" attitude going on.
I think my spirit companions do give immediate feedback on choices of all kinds, including food. Probably because, as it's said, they're generally happy with what we're happy with and not happy with what we're not happy with.

Like many people I can mentally compartmentalise my thinking about what I do. eg I may decide I want to eat/cook/buy something, then change my mind to 'No, I'll make do with that other thing instead. That'll be fine.' They'll spot even the slightest, opposite thinking, even if it is somewhat sublimated and query why I don't want to do what I actually really want to do.

Does that make sense?

I also have a Sagen Fairy, who is a companion that can help their keeper with diet, exercise etc. Advice from CH was that we don't have to adopt the actual Sagen Fairy diet, just commit ourselves to a healthy eating and living lifestyle...and the Sagen Fairy can help us to succeed, including with motivation.

Several years ago I had a medical diagnosis of pre-diabetes, for which I got free training on how to reverse it. I smashed it, as they say, and completely reversed the diagnosis. During Covid, another medical condition took my attention and I ended up being surprised to find I was preliminarily diagnosed as diabetic, which was a bit of a shock, as you can imagine. I re-committed to focus more on healthy living - hoping to reduce my diabetic numbers if I could. Three months later I was ecstatic to see I'd not only reversed the diabetes diagnosis but I'd also reversed back out of the pre-diabetic state, entirely back to 'normal'.

I like to think my Sagen Fairy (and other spirit companions - I have a fairly large Cleansing & Healing commune) played a pretty big role in that amazing success.

I'll not give advice but I can relate my own experience.

The key was motivation: to avoid eating too many calories a day, compared with my daily activity level; spacing out meals; avoiding high carb, low nutrition food; and upping daily activity levels somewhat. That's said to be a healthy thing for anyone to do.

Just having the diagnosis gave me the motivation. So I committed myself. Then, surprising myself, successfully over-achieved the goal. I think we just need to make a clear decision, then everything else follows and our spirit companions will be happy to support us.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

My lifestyle makes overindulgence a necessary balance. I am pretty disciplined about what I consume - not just in food but in media, my surround, etc. given that I believe everything we partake of shapes us or must be applied if not to fester or waste.

On the other hand, as - among other things - a Dionysian practitioner, when it comes to ritual there are very few limits. I will eat, drink, and play to the extent that I feel, on those occasions, and it only enhances what I am trying to achieve. I do everything I do in the name of or honor to the gods.

There is such a diversity of spirits around me that I get a bit of everything in reaction. I'm hyper-aware of imbalance in daily life and they realize this. Some encourage constant excess (I can't imagine a satyr that wouldn't, for instance.. reason why it takes preparedness to keep certain DA spirits around), some shout 'don't do that ever again!' (I am known to experiment a bit wildly with hot peppers...) The spirits that have calmly warned me to take it easy before are, interestingly, usually humans who had died from their own reckless behavior --which goes to show the insight they gain almost immediately upon passing into the afterlife.

With food - we should eat what we want as long as we are
a.) self aware of what we're doing to the body upon consumption,
b.) educated on who benefits from our consumption of certain foods and who suffers,
c.) not contributing to waste on this planet.
And I find the spirits to generally agree.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Amberly
venerated member
venerated member

Before I reply to everyone's post, I should state that my mentor is meant as a means to help me achieve a goal. Our conversation was her way to tell me that some of what I eat effects a few things which gets in the way of my goals, not my health although that could happen later in life. Doctors gave me a clean bill of health a few months back.
Angelik wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 am I have some who gently tell me when I overindulge: "you will feel sad and guilty after overeating, just a gentle reminder" 😄

Mine was less gentle about it - lol. I mean, she didn't slap it out of my hand; I don't think she would even if she could. She's trying to help me achieve what I want to do but it means she's going to get on my stubborn butt about it constantly. I've thought about becoming a vegan to a slight degree, cutting out meats but still eating eggs and dairy or becoming a pescatarian. I feel better when I don't eat meat but I'm not sure how to get more protein.
Lewk wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:19 am
Andariel wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:54 pm Question - does anyone else here sometimes get in trouble with their spirits over diet/food choices? Raise of hands *raised hand over here* - lol.

I think my spirit companions do give immediate feedback on choices of all kinds, including food. Probably because, as it's said, they're generally happy with what we're happy with and not happy with what we're not happy with.

Like many people I can mentally compartmentalise my thinking about what I do. eg I may decide I want to eat/cook/buy something, then change my mind to 'No, I'll make do with that other thing instead. That'll be fine.' They'll spot even the slightest, opposite thinking, even if it is somewhat sublimated and query why I don't want to do what I actually really want to do.

Does that make sense?

I also have a Sagen Fairy, who is a companion that can help their keeper with diet, exercise etc. Advice from CH was that we don't have to adopt the actual Sagen Fairy diet, just commit ourselves to a healthy eating and living lifestyle...and the Sagen Fairy can help us to succeed, including with motivation.

Several years ago I had a medical diagnosis of pre-diabetes, for which I got free training on how to reverse it. I smashed it, as they say, and completely reversed the diagnosis. During Covid, another medical condition took my attention and I ended up being surprised to find I was preliminarily diagnosed as diabetic, which was a bit of a shock, as you can imagine. I re-committed to focus more on healthy living - hoping to reduce my diabetic numbers if I could. Three months later I was ecstatic to see I'd not only reversed the diabetes diagnosis but I'd also reversed back out of the pre-diabetic state, entirely back to 'normal'.

I like to think my Sagen Fairy (and other spirit companions - I have a fairly large Cleansing & Healing commune) played a pretty big role in that amazing success.

I'll not give advice but I can relate my own experience.

The key was motivation: to avoid eating too many calories a day, compared with my daily activity level; spacing out meals; avoiding high carb, low nutrition food; and upping daily activity levels somewhat. That's said to be a healthy thing for anyone to do.

Just having the diagnosis gave me the motivation. So I committed myself. Then, surprising myself, successfully over-achieved the goal. I think we just need to make a clear decision, then everything else follows and our spirit companions will be happy to support us.
I wish I had the motivation to do that. I have to do little things to keep reminding myself of stuff but most of the time I still forget. I have bad ADHD coupled with fog brain - long story. Believe me I'm trying, and my spirits are all more than happy to help, like my mentor but they are stuck with my stubborn ass. I'm getting it though. I think at this point I'm going to have to keep a bright red journal in the kitchen with me and write down what is okay, what's not, and what's acceptable in small doses. Mentor seems to be okay with that idea.
Vipera aspis atra wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:53 pm My lifestyle makes overindulgence a necessary balance. I am pretty disciplined about what I consume - not just in food but in media, my surround, etc. given that I believe everything we partake of shapes us or must be applied if not to fester or waste.

On the other hand, as - among other things - a Dionysian practitioner, when it comes to ritual there are very few limits. I will eat, drink, and play to the extent that I feel, on those occasions, and it only enhances what I am trying to achieve. I do everything I do in the name of or honor to the gods.

There is such a diversity of spirits around me that I get a bit of everything in reaction. I'm hyper-aware of imbalance in daily life and they realize this. Some encourage constant excess (I can't imagine a satyr that wouldn't, for instance.. reason why it takes preparedness to keep certain DA spirits around), some shout 'don't do that ever again!' (I am known to experiment a bit wildly with hot peppers...) The spirits that have calmly warned me to take it easy before are, interestingly, usually humans who had died from their own reckless behavior --which goes to show the insight they gain almost immediately upon passing into the afterlife.

With food - we should eat what we want as long as we are
a.) self aware of what we're doing to the body upon consumption,
b.) educated on who benefits from our consumption of certain foods and who suffers,
c.) not contributing to waste on this planet.
And I find the spirits to generally agree.
LMAO. The difference of reaction must be entertaining to say the least. It gets a bit loud with human spirits, I never understood why they feel the need to shout in the afterlife like we can't hear them just fine without all that extra noise.

I agree with what you and your spirits agree too. I stopped consuming as much meat ages ago but there are still other things that I'm changing, I would love to say it could be easy to adapt to overnight but I'm making an effort

~Amberly~

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Amberly wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:25 pm Before I reply to everyone's post, I should state that my mentor is meant as a means to help me achieve a goal. Our conversation was her way to tell me that some of what I eat effects a few things which gets in the way of my goals, not my health although that could happen later in life. Doctors gave me a clean bill of health a few months back.
Angelik wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 am I have some who gently tell me when I overindulge: "you will feel sad and guilty after overeating, just a gentle reminder" 😄

Mine was less gentle about it - lol. I mean, she didn't slap it out of my hand; I don't think she would even if she could. She's trying to help me achieve what I want to do but it means she's going to get on my stubborn butt about it constantly. I've thought about becoming a vegan to a slight degree, cutting out meats but still eating eggs and dairy or becoming a pescatarian. I feel better when I don't eat meat but I'm not sure how to get more protein.
It is possible to get proteins from tofu, tempeh, beans and seitan, those are some foods with the highest protein levels, but proteins can be found in other plant-based foods too. I use vegan protein powder to help reaching the daily protein goal as I do not feel like eating tofu and the above listed foods all the time.

Amberly
venerated member
venerated member

Angelik wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:15 am It is possible to get proteins from tofu, tempeh, beans and seitan, those are some foods with the highest protein levels, but proteins can be found in other plant-based foods too. I use vegan protein powder to help reaching the daily protein goal as I do not feel like eating tofu and the above listed foods all the time.
I'll have to try beans, I have sensory issues and strongly dislike the texture of tofu. I know leafy greens provide some protein and they have protein powders, but pea protein powder isn't a complete protein, so I was told but nutritionist. I'd rather try natural before I have to go the chalky powder route first - lol. Thank you. <3

~Amberly~

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

Oh my goodness, yes lol

My best example is my main companion, K. He’s generally a fussy guy as is, but gosh he fusses over my diet. I am sensitive to gluten- I can cheat and have a hamburger bun here or a non GF pasta dish there- and I have to be careful to stick to GF foods or else I’m in intestinal pain that has me writhing on the floor, screaming

Every. Single. Time. I knowingly eat something with gluten, K has to tap my shoulder, worriedly remind me of the pain I potentially could be in, and lectures me that I need to eat healthy so I can have the longest, happiest life possible here on Earth

To be honest, his lecturing comes from deep affection and concern for me, but sometimes a guy just wants a cheeseburger, yanno? :D

And of course, if the cramps and pain occur, he WILL sit with me through it, gently and soothingly, and afterwards it’s “I told you so, STOP DOING THAT.” He is now uncomfortably familiar with the term “YOLO” XD
Last edited by cndrow on Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Questions”