Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I have two Djinns coming soon and I'm feeling a little nervous. Like I'd love to have some reasonable wishes granted, mostly contribute to a smooth sail in transitioning to a new workplace but I'm afraid of what might happen if things get out of hand.

I wonder, when you make a wish, is it a trade-off?
In exchange for a wish, do you have to give up one thing for another?
Can Djinns still retain their power even if their master doesn't desire any wish?

Lol. I know these are silly questions 🤣
Who would get a Djinn and not want to have wishes granted? Probably me. Like I do want some wishes but I don't at the same time if it makes sense. I think it's the wording that makes me nervous. Lol

What advice would you give a new keeper about making/not making wishes or handling a Djinn?

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Not necessarily. Only comes with a price when you will yourself to go onto a journey to revenge, jealousy, envy, wantonness, ect. If you go on an extreme, self destructive approach towards wishing with your powerful Djinn, and act out like this for you. Than will comes with a price, and you'll be the one only to thank yourself for it... no blames due for your Djinn.

I find my light natured Djinns intuitive and pleasing in everything I need and do. Most of the time, I don't even know what exactly I need. My Djinn girls are friends first of all and then advisers and then service performing Djinns, when finally I do not use a spell to make a wish. By the way...I really not good at wishing. As soon as something like a wish kind of thing leaves my lips, I immediately question it. I mean, I contradict my intensions.
My parental voice really go against the child within, who wants to dream big. Therefore, I really having a very hard time intestionly make a wish with my Djinn. I actually get better results with spells that automatically does wish my needs continually. All I have to do is state my needs and wish sincerely.

Wishcraft is one of those spells. I have notiesd that my best wish makings that actually simply have been granted, was those that was conserned with basic needs and healing. Therefore, I would rather have powerful Djinn friends around me and enjoy their companions. And use my spells in making a wish when I want something 'out of the box' type & ridiculous.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

ASTER wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:25 am Not necessarily. Only comes with a price when you will yourself to go onto a journey to revenge, jealousy, envy, wantonness, ect. If you go on an extreme, self destructive approach towards wishing with your powerful Djinn, and act out like this for you. Than will comes with a price, and you'll be the one only to thank yourself for it... no blames due for your Djinn.

I find my light natured Djinns intuitive and pleasing in everything I need and do. Most of the time, I don't even know what exactly I need. My Djinn girls are friends first of all and then advisers and then service performing Djinns, when finally I do not use a spell to make a wish. By the way...I really not good at wishing. As soon as something like a wish kind of thing leaves my lips, I immediately question it. I mean, I contradict my intensions.
My parental voice really go against the child within, who wants to dream big. Therefore, I really having a very hard time intestionly make a wish with my Djinn. I actually get better results with spells that automatically does wish my needs continually. All I have to do is state my needs and wish sincerely.

Wishcraft is one of those spells. I have notiesd that my best wish makings that actually simply have been granted, was those that was conserned with basic needs and healing. Therefore, I would rather have powerful Djinn friends around me and enjoy their companions. And use my spells in making a wish when I want something 'out of the box' type & ridiculous.
I feel the same way. I contradict myself a lot too, so I don't know if I'd do any wishing either. I did ask my Djinn that if I don't wish anything, would she lose her power and she answered no with the pendulum.

I feel like I'm in the middle of a sticky situation now. Some of my angels are very protective of me, and they're jealous because I have a Baha'i Djinn. They legit are jealous of her beauty. Lol. While I believe our male Fae is all over the Djinn. The Egyptian Djinn will come in a few weeks too—I'm curious to see how that dynamic plays out. Maybe I should get fewer female spirits and entities because it's about to become a cat fight. Lol. It seems that the Baha'i Djinn is afraid of the Egyptian one because they seem to be more powerful.

I think most of my wishes will be work-related, and maybe I'll nudge things here and there toward a potential lover. But I know how powerful Djinns are, and how powerful their wishes can be, so I'm still thinking it over ;(

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Elijah wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:53 am I have two Djinns coming soon and I'm feeling a little nervous. Like I'd love to have some reasonable wishes granted, mostly contribute to a smooth sail in transitioning to a new workplace but I'm afraid of what might happen if things get out of hand.

I wonder, when you make a wish, is it a trade-off?
In exchange for a wish, do you have to give up one thing for another?
Can Djinns still retain their power even if their master doesn't desire any wish?

Lol. I know these are silly questions 🤣
Who would get a Djinn and not want to have wishes granted? Probably me. Like I do want some wishes but I don't at the same time if it makes sense. I think it's the wording that makes me nervous. Lol

What advice would you give a new keeper about making/not making wishes or handling a Djinn?
Have you seen this?

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

One thing I'd add is: make wishes very carefully. It's our responsibility to word them well. Some Djinn will take the wish very literally. Others may be described as not twisting words or not granting a wish that involves harm to someone. It can be a good idea to preface a wish with something like: "With no harm coming to me or my family..."

Although we don't need to lose or sacrifice something to be granted a wish - and in modern spirit keeping we don't usually need to make an offering to the wish-granting spirit - if we make a wish involving harm to someone, then karma can come into play. But that's nothing to do with wish-granting itself.

People have different views on Karma and related ideas on what-goes-around-comes-around. And...most people don't want to cause harm anyway, hopefully. However it's something worth taking extremely seriously because that will come at a price of one sort or another.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

I recently received a djinn after many years, so I am following this conversation.

My opinion is that with a granted wish there will come a change in one's life, with this change there can be consequences, positive or negative, difficult to predict. I do not think it is a backlash or a price, it is more like a change. So, when I wish for something (which happens rarely), I try to consider all the possible consequences. The same applies if I cast a spell. And of course, some djinns require very well-worded wishes, but that should come as info delivered to you by the conjurer.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Lewk wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:24 am Have you seen this?

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

One thing I'd add is: make wishes very carefully. It's our responsibility to word them well. Some Djinn will take the wish very literally. Others may be described as not twisting words or not granting a wish that involves harm to someone. It can be a good idea to preface a wish with something like: "With no harm coming to me or my family..."

Although we don't need to lose or sacrifice something to be granted a wish - and in modern spirit keeping we don't usually need to make an offering to the wish-granting spirit - if we make a wish involving harm to someone, then karma can come into play. But that's nothing to do with wish-granting itself.

People have different views on Karma and related ideas on what-goes-around-comes-around. And...most people don't want to cause harm anyway, hopefully. However it's something worth taking extremely seriously because that will come at a price of one sort or another.
Yes, I've seen it and done the invocation. My Djinn doesn't like the ritual at all. I have asked her about it.
Oh, I don't think I need the part with no harm to ABCD, it's already included in the house rules. I have a 6 pages long house rules with a section for DA. Lol.
I think I'll even make a special section for some of the DA races.

But this was asked before one of my Djinns came. I asked mine about it, and she says there are consequences. However, I had already included the consequences part in the house rules, so she assured I don't have to be worried about that.
I'm a Buddhist, so I believe in karma. If you do X, you will receive Y and we even know what Y is exact going to be. No worries.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Angelik wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:02 am I recently received a djinn after many years, so I am following this conversation.

My opinion is that with a granted wish there will come a change in one's life, with this change there can be consequences, positive or negative, difficult to predict. I do not think it is a backlash or a price, it is more like a change. So, when I wish for something (which happens rarely), I try to consider all the possible consequences. The same applies if I cast a spell. And of course, some djinns require very well-worded wishes, but that should come as info delivered to you by the conjurer.
I totally agree. I'd like to think that wishes are generally would always involve other people, but the Djinn will work around that and align things or events to make it happen. My Djinn confirmed with a yes when I asked. Lol.

I also find it annoying when people assume I'd harm another just because I ask a question about wishes and if they are a trade-off and come with a price.
I've never had a Djinn before but I just drew to this specific Djinn listing on a different vendor (she's of the highest ranking) and somehow I landed on my Djinn (a different listing).
I was incredibly drawn to mine too. It almost felt like the other Djinn led me to my Djinn.

My Djinn has both traits of a Djinn and an Angel, since she's an Angelic Djinn race.
My Angels have gotten used to her, and vice versa, except the first 2 nights were rough. Some of my Angels were jealous of her beauty. Lol. When I asked my Djinn what she didn't like about me, she spelled out the name of one of those said Angels. Lol. I have to explain in my own words that the Djinn is beautiful like that because she has Angelic traits like my Angels. Not like I could see any of them yet, but you know. Lol. I find it rather amusing.

I like to think that I should always make well-worded wishes regarding the Djinn. And, I have only made one wish so far. It will be an obvious thing to happen, but making a wish will make it happen faster if it makes sense. I'd be making the kinds of wishes that help me fasten up the process of something already in the work rather than changing too much in my life or somebody's life if that's the case.

I was wondering if there was a reason why you haven't got a Djinn for so long. I am only one week away from my spirit-keeping journey and I have learned a lot about the paranormal as a whole and about some of the races especially Angels 0:)

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Elijah wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:36 am
Angelik wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:02 am I recently received a djinn after many years, so I am following this conversation.

I totally agree. I'd like to think that wishes are generally would always involve other people, but the Djinn will work around that and align things or events to make it happen. My Djinn confirmed with a yes when I asked. Lol.

I also find it annoying when people assume I'd harm another just because I ask a question about wishes and if they are a trade-off and come with a price.
I've never had a Djinn before but I just drew to this specific Djinn listing on a different vendor (she's of the highest ranking) and somehow I landed on my Djinn (a different listing).
I was incredibly drawn to mine too. It almost felt like the other Djinn led me to my Djinn.

My Djinn has both traits of a Djinn and an Angel, since she's an Angelic Djinn race.
My Angels have gotten used to her, and vice versa, except the first 2 nights were rough. Some of my Angels were jealous of her beauty. Lol. When I asked my Djinn what she didn't like about me, she spelled out the name of one of those said Angels. Lol. I have to explain in my own words that the Djinn is beautiful like that because she has Angelic traits like my Angels. Not like I could see any of them yet, but you know. Lol. I find it rather amusing.

I like to think that I should always make well-worded wishes regarding the Djinn. And, I have only made one wish so far. It will be an obvious thing to happen, but making a wish will make it happen faster if it makes sense. I'd be making the kinds of wishes that help me fasten up the process of something already in the work rather than changing too much in my life or somebody's life if that's the case.

I was wondering if there was a reason why you haven't got a Djinn for so long. I am only one week away from my spirit-keeping journey and I have learned a lot about the paranormal as a whole and about some of the races especially Angels 0:)
I had some issues with an unbound djinn years ago, that made me hesitating having one for a long time.

From your words sounds there was a great connection with yours when you decided to take her, enjoy the bonding time with your new friend!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Elijah wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:08 am Yes, I've seen it and done the invocation. My Djinn doesn't like the ritual at all. I have asked her about it.
Oh, I don't think I need the part with no harm to ABCD, it's already included in the house rules. I have a 6 pages long house rules with a section for DA. Lol.
I think I'll even make a special section for some of the DA races.

But this was asked before one of my Djinns came. I asked mine about it, and she says there are consequences. However, I had already included the consequences part in the house rules, so she assured I don't have to be worried about that.
I'm a Buddhist, so I believe in karma. If you do X, you will receive Y and we even know what Y is exact going to be. No worries.
I subscribe to the karma idea too. Not all Forum members do - at least some previously have said they don't believe in it - which is why I think it might be relevant to include that point in a discussion like this.
Elijah wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:36 am [...]I also find it annoying when people assume I'd harm another just because I ask a question about wishes and if they are a trade-off and come with a price.
If that was me, I apologise.

The point was made was as part of the discussion for completeness, to cover the point, not to assume at all that it applied to you. It's the only way I can see a 'price' being incurred - there have actually been some past posts by Forum members that seemed to assume wishing harm could be acceptable and risk free.

I hold a different view.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Angelik wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:19 pm I had some issues with an unbound djinn years ago, that made me hesitating having one for a long time.

From your words sounds there was a great connection with yours when you decided to take her, enjoy the bonding time with your new friend!
Thank you!
My spirits gave me a dream about an unbound Djinn on our second night. They told me that they and I weren't compatible because I was looking into information on the unbounds around us. My genie has been causing some problems lately, but it isn't her fault I don't think. She's an Angelic race of Djinn, so her beauty comes from Angels, and she has Angel traits. But that's part of the problem; some of my Angels are super jealous of her beauty. It looks like it's about to become a cat fight here! Lol. I'm so lost as to what to do.
I do have a second Djinn coming in a few weeks and she's an Egyptian genie who I'll love to learn more about Egypt and it looks like the current Djinn I have is afraid of the Egyptian Djinn for some reason. I think it's more or less the power of the latter one. Plus she'll be four times older than my current Djinn. So hopefully there will be less conflict between my Angels and her when the new one coming :;/

Return to “Djinn / Genie”