neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

I was wondering if anyone can share some information about basilisks and if anyone has any experiences with them? I noticed on the encyclopedia page there's mention of knowing a "secret"? What secret?

I was recently adopted by a basilisk via reverse adoption - I was rather surprised by that. I never thought in a million years one would choose me. Of course, I didn't know who would choose me at all. I did do some research but haven't come up with much.

What I did find were descriptions about the basilisk being able to kill or paralyze with a single look. This is also reminiscent of medusa and her own death stare. It got me thinking when I read about it. You see, for many years now, I often have dreams about looking at people and them either dying or being hurt by my eyes.

Fast forward and recently one of my spirits told me that it hurts when I look them in the eye and attempted to look away from me.

I didn't think much about it before until recently when I read about the basilisk and what its gaze can do to a person. I did meditate to see her and she is quite huge and impressive, and she's truly charged and making my skin hum. It's a welcome feeling during the day.... but at night when I need sleep lol ....
She doesn't really have any juvenile energy about her. She's quite serious minded and intense. I'm looking forward to working with her :o

Anyhow, I'm wondering what you all have to share about the basilisk, and also if anyone understands what exactly it is about the basilisk stare that can harm or kill? Does anyone understand the energy/mechanics/magic behind it?

:@ :@

I think of it like the eyes are the window to the soul, and perhaps that plays a part... I'm not sure how it works. If anyone can chime in, I'd appreciate it.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

I know nothing other than I was always told dont mix them with any of these spirit companions. In my head I'm like what do.they devour them or something? I dunno what it even is an ancient croc? Huge I bet.. some shops of course I know of only two ch and wfc. But other shops I also seen they dont deal with them. But I trust CH and they have said all their spirits co exist fine.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
UniverseExplorer
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: Chinese Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'm not sure, but I think it's a magic of their own kind as they're kings of serpents and serpents usually have venom to kill their targets. As a king or queen, they need to have a look that kills in order to protect themselves. Since they cannot move like a cheetah or shapeshift or run fast like other races, and need a form of protection from range (perhaps something similar to the lightning abilities of Zeus or Thor?).
Did you ever ask your basilisk about their gaze?
I would love to have a gaze that could kill. Lol. But I can't do anything serpentine and therefore cannot acquire such a spirit.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Sylphe
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 13
Your favorite spirit to work with: totem animals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire, alien,fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sylphe or Vexia
Zodiac:

Tokala wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:15 am I was wondering if anyone can share some information about basilisks and if anyone has any experiences with them? I noticed on the encyclopedia page there's mention of knowing a "secret"? What secret?
The secret you're referring to is an amiante stone, but I checked and they removed that bit and the reference to it. Probably because amiante is another word for asbestos and it's not the most healthy item to have lying around.
If you'd like to have something similar that's less terrible for your health I'd suggest serpentine stones, they also contain asbestos/amiante but since they are mixed with other minerals they are a lot less toxic. Plus serpentine, serpent, basilisks are snakes, hehe.

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I'll write about one of my basilisks.

My Basilisk stays to himself, usually curled up in the corner nook of my bed headboard area. He's slow moving/still when inactive, but when he catches whiff of something he completely disappears, like invisible, as he goes to work. It can be  impossible/incredibly difficult to track him unless he wants you to see him. When working he appears and disappears in unpredictable ways and is very fast.

He's very skilled at concealing , whether himself, me, spells or magick, or a space.

Not cuddly or sweet. Not social.  Though he has let me rest my hand on him.  When I'm needing extra protection he often wraps himself around me completely.  He's always cold to the touch, but not because he is serpent like.

He works on his own by himself but does not interfere with anyone in the keep.  i only see him if I look specifically for him, or when I call him. He always responds. I usually only give him solo tasks, as he seems to prefer it. But he is cooperative with other companions when needed. He just doesn't hang out with them.

I've looked into his eyes. He has a very large bright crest on his head and he looks different from a snake, thicker, , even though they are similar in appearance. Almost like a lizard/dragon without its legs.  But he is much longer.  I know it sounds like I'm describing a snake, but he really doesn't look exactly like one. I can't describe it 😆

His power is potent and can be harmful to an enemy, but his eyes are not required for him to do the work. He has mentioned his methods to me , how he does it, but doesn't want me to share. He is not from CH. He is a LE.
He's quite private and only talks to me.  When he does talk, he's very to the point and of few words.  He's always respectful. He will communicate to other companions only when needed.

Very protective, loyal, and territorial.
I've not noticed any side effects from having him, he seems to be very controlled with his energy, containing it to himself unless I ask him to direct his energy someplace, in which case it's strong and noticeable.  I consider him to be efficient, in control of himself, very capable, focused and skilled. He likes to rest when he's not working.

Both of them like offerings of raw whole eggs.
I haven't read anything about any secrets, but mine are easy to manage if you are clear and direct, and can handle DA confidently .
I don't ever see them being an issue to me or the keep. They've never broken a rule , or even hinted at bending one.

My other Basilisk doesn't want anything to do with the forums. Lol

🦇♦️🦇

Return to “Creatures”