KnowlegeSeeker
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Something I've been wondering about lately. When I leave offerings for the entities in my house, one of the most common is alcoholic beverages (hey, I'm in college). Typically beer but sometimes stronger stuff like brandy or rum. Even thought they're not phsyically drinking that beverage, can entities still get well, drunk if I give them too much? Thanks.

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

I may be way off here... this is just the feeling I get about it (and it would not apply to all, of course)...

But I believe so, since a Karkadann can get drunk off of milk, why not a spirit off of rum. However, and don't take this the wrong way... but the question is would they? As we mellow and age, the idea of stumbling around drunk becomes much less appealing - of course, I should probably only speak for myself... there may be some who love that. But with our spirits being beyond that, I would think that most of them may partake and appreciate, but I wouldn't expect to see them stumbling around your loving room :D

Just my 2cents

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I agree with Gryphonista on this one. They seem to know their limits, and they don't get drunk.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Lower elevated spirits, seem to enjoy the materials of this world more. It's hard to say whether they experience these things exactly as we do, as they dont have 5 physical senses. But they still do have senses and Taste and Smell are said to be directly merged.

Spiritists I've been acquainted with give offerings of rum, and cigars to their Gods and spirits. *They Spit the rum on their "vessels" and blow cigar smoke*

They seem to enjoy it. Alcohol is taboo To some such as Obatala, as there is a creation myth of him getting too drunk. alcohol, he would even drink while carrying out his duties of molding and creating human bodies. Due to his carelessness, some of the beings he created were born with deformities and malformations so he was ordered by Olofi, another diety, to abstain from drinking while creating humans. Therefore, people born with birthmarks, albinos,the handicapped, or other children born with deformities are recognized as “Obatalá’s children”.

Again this is just a Myth, but the spirit/deity itself Drinking is still taboo, so probably some do take it too far.

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I've heard different responses from my entities of various races, regarding alcohol, when I ask them if they could get drunk off of it.
Some have told me that alcohol doesn't make them drunk, that their system processes things differently than humans. Some have shared that only a certain root cooked in a certain way and made into a powder, then consumed, can make them drunk-like. A few of my LE companions have spent thousands of years studying the properties (including magical properties) of plants, herbs, bark, roots and flowers, and their effects on the body and energy system.
They mostly use these items for magical purposes, and healing race related issues. My LE's don't seem drunk at all when drinking. There are a handful of my LE vampires who always seem to have wine near them. 2 of them usually are drinking..but sipping ,slowly. Most of their "wine" is actually a concoction that has properties of blood, wine, herbs, and magical infusions. They take offerings of wine from me mostly just for the bonding and social aspect of it. But never get drunk, instead have described feeling energized from the wine.
I have offered wine, mead, umeshu plum wine, Soju, Bourbon, whiskey, Jack Daniels and European berry wines.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Different spirits definitely have different opinions of alcoholic beverages, though whether it affects them the same way is up to interpretation. I do believe that my Waif and Air Elemental faeries love Fireball over other liquid offerings for more than just the sweet scent alone! I give that to them in a miniature thimble-sized glass, but they probably don't need to "drink" even that much to get what they like out of it. In spite of that I've never gotten the impression that my spirits were drunk to an uncomfortable level, moreso just enjoying a tasty buzz

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

Oh, great topic! I haven't received my spirits yet. Half of my keep is angels, and I have a full bar at home—so I can imagine how fun and exhilarating it will be when the angels get tipsy and dance with each other. Lol. Someone told me that their leprechaun got drunk though… I'll take notes and try to ask each of them. This is a fascinating topic!

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

I can't tell. I have some professional drinkers in my Horde- Leprechauns, Einherjars, and a Moko Jumbee. I don't if it's because they have an extremely high tolerance or if they are incapable of getting drunk. I'm leaning towards "functioning alcoholics".

Leprechauns take their drinking VERY, VERY, VERY seriously. Mine tend to prefer whiskey, then mead, then beer. They pitch a fit if I try to offer them wine.

Einherjars are viking warriors that fell in battle and now live in Valhalla- 'nuff said.

My Moko Jumbee is a Caribbean spirit- can we say rum? I got him some to do the bonding ritual, and while I was out running errands I heard FOUR songs on the radio about drinking.
There was a song about getting out of a dry town, "It's Five O'clock Somewhere", "One Mint Julep", and "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer".

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

I offered food, drink, flowers, wax scents—whatever came to mind—whenever I did group bonding with my spirits and entities.
Tonight I glanced over my bar cart and asked if they wanted to try some liqueur because I'd obviously drink it at some point later. I didn't want to serve hard stuff for that reason. I asked if they hadn't tried XYZ liqueur before, they said they had. So I kept going and just went from right to left on the bottom shelf of my bar cart. I asked if anyone had tried Irish Cream before, the pendulum said "no." So I poured out a shot with an apple turnover.

Within less than 4 minutes, the back of my head felt weird. I felt lightheaded, as if I were tipsy. I asked what was happening, if it were one spell I copied to MV earlier, they said no. I felt like there was no other reason I felt this way. There could only be one thing. And I asked if they're drunk and the pendulum swayed in a chaotic way in the "yes" direction. Lol.

I asked my Wraith if she was seriously drunk because I don't believe she could, and she said, "maybe." So I asked each of the individuals, and the pendulum all swung in a funny way towards the "yes," except for my Fallen Angel with a normal, hard "no." Eventually, my Wraith changed her answer to "yes." Lol. Even my Throne Angel said "yes." I'm such a bad influence :x The rest of my Keep is WA, mostly Angels with a Fylgia, a Djinn, and a Wraith. I felt like I could sense everything they were feeling because 4 of them were bound and bridged to the Master Vessel.

My body felt heavier, as if I were really tipsy, I had to sit down for a bit. It took me roughly 35 minutes for my body to "recover" from the one shot. Lol.
I think for races that associate with alcohol, then they wouldn't get drunk at all. But for Angels and offering some liqueur and I feel like I'm being drunk myself without tasting a drop of the shot is quite funny. I definitely need to get them some more Irish Cream. They will never live this down!! Lol.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”