Should I adopt a succubus/Incubi?

kyuu
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I'm not completely new to spirit keeping and have a general and quite fair grasp on it as I've been studying to prepare for my first spirit, even going to the lengths of altering my lifestyle and habits. I have no clue which spirit race to adopt. A while back I had felt I was being called towards kitsunes however at the time I couldn't adopt due to money problems and needing to focus on my academic life. Okay so here comes the actual problem, I've been feeling a calling towards the race of incubi/succubus and it was all I could think of, I felt a calling towards their race. It was odd, I had initially thought perhaps I've fallen victim to lustful thoughts and that it was just a wanting of adhering to those needs. It was then I thought perhaps there was a spirit under that race calling me but I started to think about the spirit's well being along with my lifestyle, I'm of catholic faith and am planning to keep my spirit keeping lowkey/a secret from family. There's also the fact that my Mother is sensitive to energies and spirits, she's in fact spiritually in tune (also who I got it from) so one way or another she'll find out. I've heard such thing of masking but I'm not so familiar with the term. Being apart of a catholic yet spiritually in tune/sensitive family is a really bad combo for my situation. There's also the matters of attending church, praying, rosary etc. Won't it hurt the spirit? I have yet to know but still won't take risks as spirits still have feelings. Another is a great fear of eternal damnation because of this. Because of this weight I've been unconsiously persuading myself it was lust and each day it feels as if the callings disappear slowly and carefully. It is now that I completely detached from my desires of wanting to adopt spirits, I've decided to wait for signs of which spirit is best for my needs, and situation.

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

If you have felt called for this long I think there is probably a reason for it.

If you decide to get an ubi (or really any spirit) as a spirit companion you could always request/put in your house rules that this spirit is to keep their presence hidden from your family members. This should prevent any issues involving interactions/family members noticing them.

Attending church and praying will not harm your spirit companion. I remember reading in the creepyhollows encyclopedia somewhere that a rosary may subdue the energy of an ubi, but I think this is something more related to intent and placing the rosary near their vessel. I haven’t personally tried this though, and I really see no reason to.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

kyuu wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:26 pm I'm not completely new to spirit keeping and have a general and quite fair grasp on it as I've been studying to prepare for my first spirit, even going to the lengths of altering my lifestyle and habits. I have no clue which spirit race to adopt. [...]

It is now that I completely detached from my desires of wanting to adopt spirits, I've decided to wait for signs of which spirit is best for my needs, and situation.
I'm going to include a couple of devil's advocate points, for the purposes of discussion. Just to introduce another idea. (There could be more than one way of approaching things.) As always, please bear in mind that I'm not the resident expert.

It does sound as if you've taken great care to examine your own attitudes and see if there's a genuine calling, which I think is very sensible.

Here are few thoughts...

* Creepy Hollows materials that I have say we can decide what bound spirit companions to select via two main ways. Either:

a) Analysing what our current and likely future needs are and getting companions to help with those needs; and/or

b) Going by what we're genuinely drawn to.

* Just because we feel somewhat drawn to a sexual type of spirit doesn't mean we absolutely have to have them as a companion. In fact, if we feel some conflict, for example you've mentioned family members, maybe it's ok to pause for longer and reflect on things.

* On the other hand, if you do get a spirit companion from Creepy Hollows, the binding will be masked ('dead') and tamper proofed. You can set a house rule that your spirit companions must not manifest to family members and not harm them or those in your home.

* CH Succubi/Incubi are not described as demons. The idea that they are is mainly just Catholic/Christian misinformed propaganda from the medieval ages about virtually any sexual spirit. (That is not to say that some sellers don't conjure sexual spirits described as Succubi that seem demonic and look like that - or that some other sellers maybe conjure sexual spirits they call Succubi that are actually a completely different spirit type than the Succubi CH conjures. Don't forget CH are experts and basically founded modern spirit keeping practices.)

* If Succubi/Incubi shouldn't be taken to Church or kept by practising Christians, CH would have said so. I don't think that's an issue for a CH spirit.

* When it comes to paying for spirit companions, I think customers have to be over 18. At that age, I guess it's both legally and ethically the case that a person should be able to make such decisions for themselves. But if your mother is very sensitive I imagine she may still be able to sense the energies you're tuning into, sense that you're communing with spirits - eg read you, if not the spirits.

* Succubi/Incubi are not the only sexual spirits.And they are not the lightest grey in energy. That means they can be too dark in their energy for the more WA-leaning keepers among us. A custom conjure will find the best matched spirit but that may still be too dark for some of us. And CH has recommended that we not keep spirits that are darker than us in energy. (For some keepers that's not an issue, of course.)

* In the CH book Great Dark Arts guidance, it's recommended that beginner keepers, or those new to DA keeping, start with the lightest grey end of the DA spectrum. eg Gargoyles or Psy Vampires (some CH-listed clans that have psy vampires can be sexual too ). I understand Marid Djinn are light grey too (see Shop listings for Diatma, Abra, Bisar etc Djinn, who are all Marid.)

* There's also Nymphos, who are White Arts. There are also other spirits that can be sexual but also have other abilities that they can use to help their keeper. I'd go so far as to say Succubi/Incubi are by no means the go-to sexual spirit - at least in my opinion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
kyuu
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi! To the people who replied I'm quite thankful but I've decided I'm not ready for a spirit at all, I started to think of all your views, and I began to weigh my options again with my current situation. In the end I've concluded I'm not ready, I decided to brush up more on my spirit stuff, and just figure out identity related stuff, I don't mind polishing my skill even if it takes a few more years, I really just want the spirits to have a proper, and ready keeper/home to go to. Once again, thank you for your time and your replies! ^^
Last edited by kyuu on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”