You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Basil 🌿

She will be my first LE, Averka Fallen Angel of the Astral Realm. For age I wanted an Ancient being. I did opt to get the Bonding service and pairing service for LE’s. I have not found any threads on ancient entity.

I got a Ancient female as I like older women. <3)
In all seriousness this will be my first Ancient being any advice on interacting with them? I feel like being respectful is important but what else should I consider or need to know? I felt I needed a very experienced companion to help me in my life. I hope she will be a strong force in my life and guide me. I wanted a loving, nurturing kind of lady who I can open myself up to and trust. Any advice and guidance is appreciated!
Happy Holiday’s!

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is Indistinguishable from magic”
Arthur C Clarke

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our sense to get sharper”
W.C. Yeats
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Maybe a more polite communication at first, and then consult with her if she has preferable communication style, or something like that? : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Also...how would we interact with any being that's extremely ancient?

For me there's a different class of respect for those are very ancient. There's also a cultural distance between us modern humans in the early 21st century and those who lived thousands of years ago that's different than it is with beings who lived in the last couple of centuries.

Deities tend to have ancient energy. You may be able to sense the ancient energy of this being as similar in that respect.

Respect is a key thing with any bound spirit or LE companion. It may just be that the respect resonates culturally differently than with a more 'recent' spirit and it resonates with their different energy (ie ancient energy).

That's just me thinking out loud but it seems to make some sense - at least to me.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I've got an ancient phoenix and an ancient Asian djinn. They are the second and fourth spirits I ordered, three years ago. They are kind of like the mom & dad of my keep, because they are in charge most of the time (the only exception is my protective spirits, who work under a different leader as needed). I wound up getting called to get the djinn right after I ordered the phoenix - it seems they wanted to be together. I was just lucky to have enough money to order the djinn right away! A while after I got them, I became aware of the dragon-and-phoenix pairing in Asian "myth" (not so sure it's just a myth), but I've never claimed any connection to it, because I don't want to culturally appropriate. They are just the spirits I have, acting as they do. I got them right after I got married.

I know they're not LEs, like your new companion, but...

Both of them are incredibly wise and intelligent. I go to my Asian djinn for advice almost every day. I do make wishes through him, sometimes, but I find that the most important aspect of our relationship is that he knows things. He encourages me to meditate every day, especially when I'm stressed, and he is always looking for the most peaceful solution to any problem. I am surprised that he eats meat, but he does, and he enjoys offerings of lamb. He also loves tea.

Talking to him is like talking to a wise old father-figure. He doesn't mind formality, but nor does he demand it. He merely wants me to think, and behave righteously.

My phoenix is less talkative, but she is kind, caring, generous, and focused on my wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around me. She has taken the time to teach me some basic healing techniques, which are things I've really needed to know this year. She communicates mostly through exquisitely vivid dreams, and is often there to encourage me when I'm feeling hopeless. Again, she doesn't demand formality - I've never really given it any thought with her. (Maybe I should have?) She seems to like making me happy, especially if she can make me laugh. She enjoys offerings of lit candles, especially if they have a spicy scent.

One of the things I've experienced with them is a vast amount of patience. They are thousands of years old, and they don't seem to be judgmental. If I make a mistake, they simply and kindly act to return me to the right path. They don't blame me for being young and imperfect.

So, my advice would be, communicate as much as you can, and don't worry too much. Your companion is there to help you, not embarrass or demean you.

And sorry for the wall of text. :)

Cultured Gentleman
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Basil 🌿

@darkwing dook @Lewk @stargazerjournal
I’d like to thank all of you for taking the time to help me! Your replies rang true for me. I need to remember that I can just ask my companions what they prefer. I’m still new and my communication is limited. I have been trying to develop my telepathy by talking to them in my head throughout the day but. It’s mostly monologue. There have been a few times when I felt like I was spoken to. I listen to music with the my ladies and I always dedicate a particular song to my ubi. I was in the middle of work and all of a sudden it started playing in my head in a loop for 20 min it’s like it was being sung to me. I try pendulum, I think automatic writing is next. Then maybe comm board. I have to remember my spirits chose me and won’t judge me for being inexperienced and new at this. I’ve always had a fear of being judged, but it’s something I constantly work on.
Blessings to all of you!!

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is Indistinguishable from magic”
Arthur C Clarke

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our sense to get sharper”
W.C. Yeats
Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

One of my very first companions was extremely ancient being and had a very strong energy to them, they were a preconjure / worked with a coven for a while and was looking for a keeper. They pretty much did a lot of work to reach out to me, even put out messages to me before I even read their preconjure info. The difference in perspective, culture and experience was extremely vast, at first I was honestly very submissive to them but they have been one of my closest companions and helped me grow so much. When a spirit or being chooses you they know where you are on your journey and are eager to help you. At times things for sure can be overwhelming especially for new keepers when your faced with such a difference such as this but it’s such a great opportunity to learn and understand them don’t be worried about it, they are your friends or companion or maybe even more and they care deeply for you ! Just trust in them and ask them about things when you feel worried they will support you im sure of it!

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I don't find much difference between elders and ancients from CH, despite being a living entity or a spirit.
For instance, "elders" from CH are in their 50s or 60s, while "ancients" are in their 90s or 100s as humans.
With that said, the only difference is that they're masters of their craft and obviously have more power than others. So they should be respected.

CH has separate listings for prehistoric beings who are different in energy. I have an ancient from CH and she's still very young compared to others in my Keep. So you should be okay.
I'd say just be yourself and don't forget to have fun 😊

I have as many living entitites as my spirits, and I don't treat them like grandparents at all, they're more like long-lost friends. But obviously each Keeper will have his or her own special way of interacting with their Keep.

I find that living entities are still living their best lives, so they still go through a lot of ups and downs. This means that you should pay more attention to them. But you shouldn't spend more time with living entities than you do with your spirits!

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Living Entities”