neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Can anyone tell me about Coyote? I've been feeling called by him - specifically, his aspect as Old Old Coyote from Aztec mythology - for about two years now. I mentioned it to someone I trusted, and she basically said that I couldn't interact or work with him because he is a Native American god and I have not been initiated into Native American mysteries. I agreed with her, so tried to ignore him... but he has been hanging around regardless. The other week, I walked into my living room and saw my husband sitting in the recliner like a king on a throne. I looked away, confused, because I knew he wasn't home yet. When I looked back, there was a coyote in the chair. It looked like it was laughing at me. When I looked away and then back a second time, there was no one there. I was alone in the house.

This is not the only time I've seen coyotes where there can't possibly be any coyotes. There have been other incidents, as well, but I'm not going to describe all of them. They have been on my Facebook and YouTube feeds for no reason. It's gotten to the point now that I'm starting to think I'm going to be pregnant again because I've seen him in some... interesting dreams.

I am very much confused, and doubting my own judgement. Does anyone on this forum know anything about Coyote?

It may be important to note at this point that I do have some Central American ancestry, though it is very, very far back in the family tree. It was my great-great grandmother, and this was confirmed by a DNA test one of my relatives took.

Even if it is him trying to communicate with me, I have no idea what he wants.

Any hints? What should I do?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Wow. That's quite an impressive, attention-grabbing experience. Maybe a call from a spirit guide around you? Perhaps CH can do a reading of the spirits around you, keeping an eye out for the Coyote?

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/unbound-reading.html

I cant add anything past what the Internet & Wikipedia can say, as well as what's listed in the CH Shop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyote_(mythology)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hu%C4%93huecoy%C5%8Dtl
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/totem-an ... uides.html

Personally, I find what's most widely known about Aztec practices very off putting indeed to try to access those energies or those aspects of such deities. Apparently very heavy on human sacrifice. But I'd be perfectly happy connecting with the non-ethnically specific Coyote guide binding CH sells. In fact I'd like to think that might be closer to the original nature of the Coyote totem spirit animal, before humans introduced sacrifice into their cultures in that part of the world.

I tend to see such animal guides as originating from the original 'shamanic' era of humanity.

I know it's true that certain American spirits are inaccessible to any but members of the tribe they're linked with and maybe also those members who have specifically been granted access. But we don't have to try and access those tribal spirits or do it in a culturally specific way. Animal guides have in general been worked with by humans all over the planet. What we now loosely call Shamanism, dates back to at least 20 thousand or so years ago and possibly/probably even earlier. So in a general way I think it'll be no problem at all for anyone to contact those archetypal totem spirits/guides, either via something like a CH binding or by learning a Shamanic way to contact power animals.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert in this at all. I do have some experience of modern shamanic journeying (via Sandra Ingerman's work). This is just my thoughts and opinion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Lewk wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:22 am Wow. That's quite an impressive, attention-grabbing experience. Maybe a call from a spirit guide around you? Perhaps CH can do a reading of the spirits around you, keeping an eye out for the Coyote?

Personally, I find what's most widely known about Aztec practices very off putting indeed to try to access those energies or those aspects of such deities. Apparently very heavy on human sacrifice. But I'd be perfectly happy connecting with the non-ethnically specific Coyote guide binding CH sells. In fact I'd like to think that might be closer to the original nature of the Coyote totem spirit animal, before humans introduced sacrifice into their cultures in that part of the world.

I tend to see such animal guides as originating from the original 'shamanic' era of humanity.
Thank you, Lewk! Your explanation makes more sense to me than mine does, lol. 8)) I guess I just assumed it was probably specifically Old Old Coyote because he is the only coyote god I would have a blood tie to. But... treating it as a shamanic spirit animal is probably the correct course of action. I have a (teeny tiny) amount of training in beginner shamanism, journeying, and contacting spirit animals. I trained with a shaman for a couple of months. I still occasionally do journeying, but usually only if one of my CH spirits comes along to help. It says I'm a beginner in my forum profile for a reason. :)

I appreciate the time you took to find me all those links! I read all of them. You are an amazingly helpful person. I will take some time to think about next steps before I decide whether or not to purchase the spirit guide binding.

As far as human sacrifice goes, I have a list of (unwritten) rules about which kinds of gods I will and will not work with. The human sacrifice ones are pretty much off the table. Any god that requires a pact that renders me a servant without free will is also off the table. I guess the gods the Aztecs worshiped are not for me!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:29 pm [...]
Thank you, Lewk! Your explanation makes more sense to me than mine does, lol. 8)) I guess I just assumed it was probably specifically Old Old Coyote because he is the only coyote god I would have a blood tie to. But... treating it as a shamanic spirit animal is probably the correct course of action. I have a (teeny tiny) amount of training in beginner shamanism, journeying, and contacting spirit animals. I trained with a shaman for a couple of months. I still occasionally do journeying, but usually only if one of my CH spirits comes along to help. It says I'm a beginner in my forum profile for a reason. :)

I appreciate the time you took to find me all those links! I read all of them. You are an amazingly helpful person. I will take some time to think about next steps before I decide whether or not to purchase the spirit guide binding.

As far as human sacrifice goes, I have a list of (unwritten) rules about which kinds of gods I will and will not work with. The human sacrifice ones are pretty much off the table. Any god that requires a pact that renders me a servant without free will is also off the table. I guess the gods the Aztecs worshiped are not for me!
You're very welcome.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Immortals - Specific”