Any "Sensitives" Working in a Haunted Place?

Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Self-explanatory title. Just curious though if anyone is working at a haunted hospital or theatre or other spooky place. Curious about encounter stories that you have to tell - good or bad. *grabs the popcorn*
:)|

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
GaelicDream
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 13

I didn’t work there but I did grow up in a haunted house. It was definitely not a good place to be. My sister is more sensitive than I am and living there close to drove her insane. I still have nightmares about that house. I actually ended up breaking my hip as a healthy 10 year old at that house. Not saying it’s connected but just tons of bad things happened there. I couldn’t be alone in a room without feeling a dark energy always watching me. My sister would often see spirits walking around. There was one room neither my sister or I could sleep in without having awful nightmares. My tv would flick on and off all the time. Lots of orbs. Lots of cold spots. But the worst was just knowing I was always being watched. I spent a lot of time in the woods next to the house though as that’s the only place that felt safe. We didn’t move out of that place till I was in high school and the difference between our new house and that one was like night and day. I’m pretty sure the only thing that might have protected me was my vamp who’s been with me since I was a baby but didn’t know until I started spirit keeping.

ilmu khodam, Celtic djinn, ferrimu Dragon, wood elf, courtwind angel, butterfly fairy, adaman fairy, nympho, high elf of the lumi clan, daoine sith, kitsune, green dragon, sanguine vampire, Alpau (LE), fire fairy, wraith, mermaid, Caladrius, Ancient Priest, pavalina faery, Kavalya (LE), & family woodland faery, unicorn, sirinia faery, Ki-Lin, Bannik, Vermillion Dragon, pipe fox, midnight dragon, celyrn (LE), Dian Cecht (immortal)
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I do work in an old rural hospital. I wouldn't say that it's hunted in the usual sense, but definitely its has got that weard go and feel about this place and building. Let me share some of the highlights and then about my personal sensitive nature & interactions, feelings.

Years ago, my HOSPITAL used to have a CAT that died and I think he still visits the kitchen department fridge. Particularly, reoccurring and expected each year on Christmas day. The big fridge's cooling system just suddenly not working anymore and each year, on Christmas Day public holiday, there is a need for an emergency mechanic repairman to fix the freezer. It's just really annoying timing... as everything gets thrown out after few hours....due to long waits for the repair. Who else could mess with a fridge that is full of food and milk... If not the hospital's beloved ghost cat. 😻

The MORTUARY FRIDGE gets heated due to cooling switch errors.. nobody seem to ever known about or own up to it, so we blame a ghost. 🥶 This is recurring at least 3 times a year without any kind of explanation. Even started happening with the state of the art, brand new established body holder that has central ducted computer operated functions.

The ELEVATOR /LIFT .... That stuckes in beetwen levels with someone always inside, usually kitchen trollies or staff members. Never ever a visitor or a patient.

GHOST MIDST that I personally witnessed myself floated on top of the discharged bed to the mortuary.

My own physical sensation that I got pinched, other times felt a push that almost made me fall down on the floor, other times felt a fainting episode, chills and cold spots, shiveres or the opposite hot flashes and suddenly sweating with a press on the body.

Dizzy spells and runny stomach for no obvious reasons. That comes good after finishing work but starts up again within few hour into my work day.

That is all that come to me right now. 😂

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The funny thing is that my workplace isn’t your typical so spooky it’s definitely haunted vibe, but it is 100% haunted. And he loves to mess around with me and my coworker who is also sensitive.

He has thrown stuff at us, I’ve seen him and felt him following us around, he’s shut the door to the break room, and likes to whistle really loudly. He likes to bug my coworker a lot more then he does me bc my protection team keeps a sharp eye on him and will keep him away when he is being overly naughty.

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I'm a night gaurd at a hotel that's not too old (built in '06). So about seventeen years as of this year. For the most part there's nothing worth noting, but the 8th floor can be a bit spooky due to the faulty lighting and a few of the elevators like to stall. While I don't think there's any spirits around, I do believe that the building has a bit of it's own personality at this point - and it does show when a Guest decides to get rowdy with other staff members. Often things will break for seemingly no reason when people are angry and then be fine the next day. As someone who's been cross trained as both an engineer and a front desk assistant I know how to fix 90% of the issues that can crop up, but occasionally I find myself stumped. Sometimes, if I ask for things to sort themselves out, they will.

Again, I doubt it's spirits.
Moreso just a notable energy that's a little defensive of it's regulars, lol.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I seem to have a problem where, if there are any ghosts around at all, they will be drawn right to me. The liquor store I work in has a "motion sensor" bell that is supposed to ring when people enter or leave, because that way you will know there is a customer even if you are stocking shelves and can't see the door. The liquor store ghost quite often makes the bell ring when there is nobody there. It happens to me a lot, though other employees don't report it as much. I always get weird looks from customers if they're there when it happens, and I have to explain it's just a ghost! Most of them don't believe me, lol.

There are also objects in the break room that move by themselves sometimes. Especially if I'm conversing with one of my spirits.

Register 4 is always breaking down. A lot of cashiers who work at it will feel a cold chill. They've been calling it "the haunted register" since before I started work there. It's my favorite register, it always seems to work for me. :D I like the way its energy feels.

A lot of customers will have trouble with the pin pad, and get super frustrated. When I try to help with their cards, it always works on the first try for me. The customers ask me why and I will say, "The machine just likes me." I don't know why that happens.

I don't know why the store is haunted. I never had events like that at the second place I worked, but at the first one, I was alone in the work area one night. I saw potato chip bags randomly throwing themselves off the top shelf. I asked the manager if the store was haunted later that night, and he said "Yes, definitely," but he wouldn't tell me why.

Oh, I forgot to mention, one time me and three other people heard a man shouting in Aisle 11. There were no men there. - edited to add? I hope this is okay.

GothKrispies
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorite
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
Zodiac:

I work in a public library that's over a hundred years old. I've felt spirit energies there before and a couple times seen something from the corner of my eye. Not that long ago someone died of a drug overdose in the bathroom, so I wouldn't be surprised if that death were to make the place even more haunted. (I hope the guy is okay wherever he is now, and that if he's reincarted, that he reincarnates to a life where he won't know the pain of drug addiction.)

I grew up in a haunted house as well. I saw an orb go up the stairs once, and another time, we ended up catching ghosts in a photo. (I lost the photo, sadly). This house is very close to a haunted park, though I never felt anything at the park, and it's also close to the oldest cemetery in the city, where I HAVE felt presences.

When I went to Scotland at the end of August, my partner and I visited the Greyfriar's Kirkyard. It's supposed to be one of the most haunted cemeteries in the world but I didn't feel anything there. If you guys visit the Kirkyard, make sure to leave a stick for Greyfriar's Bobby!

✊🏾ALL LIVES CAN’T MATTER UNTIL BLACK LIVES MATTER ✊🏾
Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced

Goodness, I meant to get on sooner to check all these but it's been a busy past few months. Interesting stories. Thank you everyone for sharing.
<3

I ask because one of my closest friends actually works at one of the most haunted places in their city and has see/heard some stuff but my friend isn't a sensitive. They have told me about a little girl spirit that goes around at night and the people will see her. They are not sure if she died at the hospital where my friend works or somewhere near by because the area is a hot spot for other haunted places. Patients freak out when they see the little girl because she is not to be trusted and my friend has seen the little girl and heard her giggle a time or two.

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”