Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

Short answer: Companionship!!

Long answer: I’ve been a medium all my life, and aware of two general kinds of spirits: the kind who come and go, and the few who seemed to be with me all my life so far

When I discovered Spirit Keeping, I realized this was the perfect way to have a stronger, tangible connection with my permanent spirit friends (via vessels) and I was THRILLED! Once I realized this was all quite real and CH is the real deal, I’ve been able to have my childhood guardian’s energy bound to a vessel so we can communicate far more easily

Spirit Keeping fulfills my childhood dream of having close and permanent friendships with spirits <3

And, as I’ve gotten to know my spirit companions better, they have offered to help me with SO many things. My health, learning magic, creating spells, detecting energy and lies, visions & dreams… It’s so exciting learning new things with a close friend!

gleamingthecube
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 7
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Adyn

I have always talked to myself as if there is someone else there with me. Has always been this way, since childhood. Always felt natural to me to do so. When I discovered spirit keeping, almost by accident, the idea of it just made sense to me. I suspect there are spirit(s) around me that I am aware of on some level. I am new to this but delving into the hobby for this reason. I am open minded but it never occurred to me until recently that there might actually be an entity around me that I am speaking to when I am alone and talking to 'myself'.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I believe my journey began with a spark of curiosity, fueled by a deep desire for companionship. I was on a quest to find psychic readings for someone I had recently met and felt an intense connection to, only to discover that they were a past life partner of mine. It amazed me to realize that we had shared not just one or two, but a remarkable 60+ past lives together.

In my search, I stumbled upon a collection of bound companion offers on Etsy. Intrigued, I dedicated considerable time to research the concept of "Spirit Keeping" and identify my first seller. Initially, I had some doubts, suspecting it might be a scam. Lol. However, the callings were undeniably powerful, compelling me to take a leap of faith and welcome my first companions into my home.

During the waiting period for the bindings, I delved even deeper into my exploration, stumbling upon the invaluable CH encyclopedia. This accidental discovery captured my attention and led me straight to their CH shop, and from there, the story unfolds like an enchanting mystery.

Prior to embarking on my Spirit Keeping journey, I possessed no supernatural abilities or connections to the spiritual realm. None of my past lives had engaged in anything remotely spiritual or magical. However, my longing for companionship was genuine and paramount in my heart. I earnestly desired to create a space filled with joyous laughters and surrounded by cherished friends. And I was determined to make it happen, sincerely hoping that my companions would find the same warmth and love within me.

While pursuing this path, I never anticipated the incredible blessings it would bring. Not only did I find the companionship I yearned for, but I also discovered an opportunity to learn and develop my own abilities from scratch. Looking back, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else. It has been a true blessing, shaping me in ways I never thought possible.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
StarSoul_7
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Trigger my horse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fairy
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Star Soul
Zodiac:

I am a spirit keeper because I always knew we weren't the only ones on this earth and I knew we were magical and this brings me so much closer to my beliefs than anything else. It is an amazing experience to speak with them about life that I can't speak to anyone else. Having them around is such a delight.

Life is and will always be magical.
Black Panther
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 36
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision

I am just starting my journey with spirit keeping.

I want to learn more about other entities, their lives, skills and power.

I would like to learn more skills/powers from them to see a different perspective and to know my purpose so I can provide a more fulfilling life for myself and others.

Redregon
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unknown as of yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

I'm here as the spirits from the site come highly recommended as being quite effective at what they do. As a practitioner of about 20 years or so, I have learned the value of having a good spiritual team available (I have been walking mostly alone for quite some time and have much to learn still.)

I have an energy-working paradigm primarily with some ritual work and other magical tricks up my sleeve as a witch that knows (some of) their herbs. :)

I am new to keeping spirits and look forward to learning as much as I am able to.

Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
Zodiac:

My life has been intermittently marked by encounters with the paranormal, sparking a profound curiosity within me to delve deeper into the realms of knowledge, wisdom, and ethereal companionship. While I have faced challenges, with certain spirits manifesting in less than benevolent ways, I am cautious not to let these specific incidents taint my overall perception of the spirit world. Rather, I find value in fostering relationships with protective spirits that resonate deeply with me, offering guidance and support in various aspects of life. It is not a singular reason that defines my journey in spirit keeping; rather, it appears to be a path intrinsically woven into the tapestry of my life's journey, almost as if it was predestined.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

If you want to simplify my reasons, then one could say "there is more to life than the mundane" and that would sum it up.

I keep company of spirits and living entities, because everyday/mundane life does not fulfil me enough in the ways I need, on it's own.

I have not always been aware of the paranormal in this life, but I do know I was meant to find it. I took a long break from it (having only recently returned) and though the break was good for me, I find much more personal fulfilment in the paranormal. It is also true, at least for me, that once you have 'seen' this path, it is quite impossible to 'unsee' and walk away for good.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
Zodiac:

I completely understand where you're coming from, and I couldn't agree more. There is indeed so much more to life than just the mundane routines and everyday activities. Exploring the world of the paranormal and connecting with spirits and living entities can add a profound dimension to our existence.

It's fascinating how sometimes we may not have been aware of this aspect of life initially, but when we do stumble upon it, it feels like a calling. Taking a break can be beneficial for self-reflection and rejuvenation, but as you mentioned, once you've delved into this realm, it becomes a part of your journey that's hard to let go of. It's a path filled with mystery and wonder, and it's only natural to find personal fulfillment in exploring it. Thank you for sharing your perspective, and I'm glad to know there are others who feel the same way about the extraordinary aspects of life.

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Despite always being a big science guy, I was always aware of the spiritual/paranormal side of the universe.

Spirit keeping was kind of dropped on me when I purchased a binding without any prior knowledge of spirit keeping.

So instead of choosing to become a keeper the path kind of chose me.

It has been a great experience overall and looking back at my first year as a spirit keeper I feel more grounded in the universe than I ever have before.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”