neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi! I have decided to set a theme for me to "learn" about each year, and this year's theme is protection magic & protection-related spirit work. (Mostly because I think it's safest to start with that... lol.) I am writing a "fiction" book that is also intended to include accurate information about protection magic. Now, I can just research it online, but I don't want to be simply copying someone else's techniques without their permission. So, what I would like is advice from someone (or several people, ideally) who can help me learn this magic for myself, and does not mind if I share what I learn in my book. I can't guarantee that the book will ever actually get published... lol. That's a whole different problem. But I'd like to strengthen my magical practice with defensive intentions.

I am a relatively newbie witch. I have been practicing witchcraft since October 2019, researching it since '17. You should know that anything that I learn will be used to help myself, my family, and my community. I mostly use darker energies. I am not a lightworker, but I don't believe in harming anyone who has not first tried to harm me or someone else. I am an eclectic Chaos witch and not a Wiccan (yet), I do not follow the three-fold law. If there's anything else you need to know before taking me on as a student, please ask.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:21 pm Hi! I have decided to set a theme for me to "learn" about each year, and this year's theme is protection magic & protection-related spirit work. (Mostly because I think it's safest to start with that... lol.) I am writing a "fiction" book that is also intended to include accurate information about protection magic. Now, I can just research it online, but I don't want to be simply copying someone else's techniques without their permission. So, what I would like is advice from someone (or several people, ideally) who can help me learn this magic for myself, and does not mind if I share what I learn in my book. I can't guarantee that the book will ever actually get published... lol. That's a whole different problem. But I'd like to strengthen my magical practice with defensive intentions.

I am a relatively newbie witch. I have been practicing witchcraft since October 2019, researching it since '17. You should know that anything that I learn will be used to help myself, my family, and my community. I mostly use darker energies. I am not a lightworker, but I don't believe in harming anyone who has not first tried to harm me or someone else. I am an eclectic Chaos witch and not a Wiccan (yet), I do not follow the three-fold law. If there's anything else you need to know before taking me on as a student, please ask.
Hi

Although I don't mentor people in magic, I belong to a speculative fiction writers group in the city where I live, so I'm very interested in the writing side of what you've mentioned.

How magic works in the world of a fantasy story is always a key thing. Several things have struck me, both from fantasy fiction I've read, books on fantasy writing by famous authors and writing by the writers group's members, some of whom have been published...

1. Most fantasy authors haven't a clue about real magic - neither from personal experience, personal beliefs, nor from studying historical or contemporary sources.

2. Weirdly, even when fantasy is written by such authors, there seems to be something about the human consciousness, mass subconscious themes and archetypes etc, that the magic they come up with still somehow seems to make some sense. I think this is because, if you look carefully and widely enough, there's a truly rich variety of magical / occult beliefs and practices. Somehow, any trope that can be thought up somehow fits somewhere, in some way. Mining the trope of fairy stories works particularly well.

3. The needs of a story tend to drive what goes into it / what fits in it. Everything else tends to get subsumed inexorably to that over arching need. In my opinion that includes the magic used in it.

In my experience it's far harder to write fiction and try to cram into it things we decided in advance must be in it, than to allow a story to emerge in its own way and see how much of what we want fits well within it. (I struggle with this myself, so I say it with some feeling. In fact what you're talking about trying to do sounds exactly like the way I have been approaching it myself: writing fiction that's accurate in the way it depicts magic. But in the final analysis that's extremely hard to pin down rationally.)

tl/dr: It may be best in the long run to 'listen' to the story and feel what magic it wants to have in it, rather than force fit a story into the confines of our preconceived idea of what magic is and how it works in the real world. (As there's a divergence of ideas on that.)

I'm not yet that experienced at speculative fiction writing but I am very experienced at consuming it and quite experienced at critiquing it.

I hope these comments are nevertheless useful.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

double post

find it again.
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:22 am
Hi

Although I don't mentor people in magic, I belong to a speculative fiction writers group in the city where I live, so I'm very interested in the writing side of what you've mentioned.

How magic works in the world of a fantasy story is always a key thing. Several things have struck me, both from fantasy fiction I've read, books on fantasy writing by famous authors and writing by the writers group's members, some of whom have been published...
I appreciate your words, Lewk! I know you're telling the truth about writing, because it's pretty much just SF authors who know the term "speculative fiction", lol. I suppose what you're saying makes sense; I hate outlining because I always wind up losing the heartbeat of the story that way. It's better to just see where your creativity will take you. And you also have to trust in it, or else you'll wind up never being able to write the ending to the book!

I have probably just been too worried about trying to do magic the "right" way. Which is silly, if you're trying to be a chaos witch. I am intimidated because it seems like there is so much to be done! So many things to learn! But... mistakes are part of the process. If you can even call them "mistakes".

So, I suppose I will take your advice and follow my intuition. :)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:13 pm
Hi

I appreciate your words, Lewk! I know you're telling the truth about writing, because it's pretty much just SF authors who know the term "speculative fiction", lol. I suppose what you're saying makes sense; I hate outlining because I always wind up losing the heartbeat of the story that way. It's better to just see where your creativity will take you. And you also have to trust in it, or else you'll wind up never being able to write the ending to the book!

I have probably just been too worried about trying to do magic the "right" way. Which is silly, if you're trying to be a chaos witch. I am intimidated because it seems like there is so much to be done! So many things to learn! But... mistakes are part of the process. If you can even call them "mistakes".

Now that you say you're on a chaos witch path, doing that feels like it makes even more sense. In fact, if you can find a post by Vipera aspis atra in which she said - from memory - with chaos magic you get to the point where you don't follow anyone else's prescribed formulae, you might find it useful guidance to bear in mind.

Some of the most attractive characters in fiction and legend for me are those who carve their own path and discard convention.

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:51 pm
stargazerjournal wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:13 pm [...]

[...]if you can find a post by Vipera aspis atra[...]
This is the post.

post842321.html?hilit=chaos#p842321

find it again.
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:13 pm
Hi

There is no wrong way to practice chaos magick. Anyone who tells you there is a wrong way isn’t really practicing chaos magick. I don’t consider anything as mistakes and anything that doesn’t go as intended is a lesson vs a mistake. My advice is to follow your intuition and experiment to your heart’s content.

As far as protection there are many ways to go about it. Some of mine were set up to protect my mind during meditation.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

Well, it's almost the end of the year now... for anyone who is still interested: I have learned a lot. Starting with, don't do an unprotected summoning circle asking for random ghosts or spirits from within a two mile radius. I wound up regretting that, and spending most of the year dealing with the aftermath... I even had a haunting from a woman who died from trepanation. She was awful, but I couldn't ignore her because I had to be compassionate. I could feel her fear. I tried to help as best I could, and I think she has moved on to the next life now.

Really, really, really don't do that. If you want to summon something, be specific! I have no idea how I managed to be so stupid.

I have also found that books help. My keep threw a lot of "tests" and "sparring" at me, and sometimes the only way I could deal with them was by using spells from books I got on Kindle. "Protection and Reversal Spells" by Alyssa Vera is very good!

I learned that several of the beings in my keep are very, very capable and trustworthy defenders. I have been practicing some techniques that I learned from them, or created and refined with them, and they are startlingly effective.

I've had a few spirit callings as a result of my training. I will not specify what spirits they are, but I hope I can afford to have them bound soon. At least one is a spirit that I've met before, though I'm quite surprised to find that my "dreams" were of a real entity.

I have also found my self-confidence. I have realized that it's the basis of psychic self-defense. If you know you can handle a fear feeder, or a curse, or even just negative energy from a haunted location... that is at least half the battle. Probably more like 80%. I have learned so much about my true nature that it's nearly ludicrous. I have taken on a few new mentoring Immortals, who guided me to that information. They are quite powerful. I won't list their names here.

And two things I didn't expect at all:

One, I hate "spiritual warfare" with a fiery passion. I do not enjoy it, at least most of the time. It requires me to step up and lead, to stand my ground, to have faith in myself, and I dislike the way that feels. Most of the time, I'd rather be small and harmless and uninteresting. That being said, if I get called upon to defend myself or someone else, I will do it without hesitation.

Two, as a spellcaster, I prefer White Arts defense. It surprised me when I figured that out, but I really do abhor violence, and I don't want to have to hurt someone else, no matter what. Color me surprised, because I usually order DA protection spirits.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have some thoughts and I'll try to express myself as much as I can verbalise it due to my significant lack of occult vocabulary.

I am obviously not doing Chaos Magick due to my strong white art energy. But protection is a great deal to me too.

My main protection is based on old fashioned Biblical truth and prayers from Psalms. Now, I really do not want to overwhelm anyone with religion. My thing is fact based faith on the inherent, protective measures of the Holy Bible's powerful Words that was originally God's breathe. It's truly magical, infinite, all-powerful PRESENCE of the invisible Creator, Godhead, Alpha and Omega or whatever you wish to name the universal authority.

Also, Enochian angels and their magical protection and powers are other very strong defence that I strongly drawn to call upon daily if I need to.

Safe SPACE was the very first thing my guides taught me to create for healing & restoration - chamber and protection, all based on visualisation manifestation.

Sentient servitors provide excellent protection seals that is Enochian in nature, angelic types tattoo all over your energy bodies.

Obviously, spells & Spirit Companions will give an excellent and comprehensive defence system and protection against all odds.

These are that comes to mind that I am practising protection magic with. Probably, Alchemy also included here with celestial skin walking and Dimensional shifting. That is powerful on all levels.

I don't have books to refer you to or reference anything here as most of this comes to me through my guides. And snippets of information via internet search and findings ... just to make more sense even to myself. Most things just comes to me ... I can't explain it better... Like the CH seals, free downloadable book to create my own, and made immediately, so much sense to my inner revelation that I have recived from my guides.

Enochian seals made so much more sense, when I have recived my cabalistic angelic tarot deck with the seals for each angels and then inner promting to task my servitor couple to create it on my energy field for protection.

Ect ... I could go on and on. I don't even have an official book on how to apply the book of Psalms for protection but I have seen it ... somewhere ... there's a book specifically written for it. But, I have forgotten about it, and now I don't even need it, as its applications applied in my life.

I appologies if I don't make any sense.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

ASTER wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:52 am I have some thoughts and I'll try to express myself as much as I can verbalise it due to my significant lack of occult vocabulary.

I am obviously not doing Chaos Magick due to my strong white art energy. But protection is a great deal to me too.

My main protection is based on old fashioned Biblical truth and prayers from Psalms. ... PRESENCE of the invisible Creator, Godhead, Alpha and Omega or whatever you wish to name the universal authority.

Also, Enochian angels and their magical protection and powers are other very strong defence that I strongly drawn to call upon daily if I need to.

Safe SPACE was the very first thing my guides taught me to create for healing & restoration - chamber and protection, all based on visualisation manifestation.

Obviously, spells & Spirit Companions will give an excellent and comprehensive defence system and protection against all odds.
Aster, Chaos Magick isn't inherently dark. I think it just depends on the person casting it and what their intent is. It's more about using universal subconscious energies and creating your own magic system that works uniquely for you. At least in my experience.

I've spent a little time this year re-thinking my take on the Christian god. As an omniist, I've had to accept that yeah, he is one aspect of what I call the All. I had a lot of bad experiences with him, due to sexism in the church I grew up in, but... I think sometimes gods are shaped by their priests, and that's all I'm going to say here. Basically, Jesus is alright with me, and the Psalms are both beautiful and powerful. 8))

I should really look into getting a binding of an Enochian angel. I know several of my spirits have recommended angels to me. If you have any problems with troublesome demonic entities, angels are the way to go, according to my keep. I suppose it makes sense.

As for the safe space thing, I don't know why I didn't think of trying something like that! I know a lot of people use similar visualizations. Thank you!

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”