I am Feeling Conflicted About Purchasing a Celebrity Binding.

sweetchiliyeet
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

To be honest, I don't know much about human spirits. I never thought I'd have them as companions, so I think my complete lack of knowledge here is what's maybe causing me to feel so conflicted.

It's very strange, but recently I started getting into a band, and I can feel the spirit of one of the band members reaching out to me. I've been telling myself it's all in my head, because I feel silly and arrogant to think that I'm special enough for this spirit to reach out to me. Still, I can feel him there. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, even though most of the celebrities I am a fan of have passed away by now.

I'm starting to consider purchasing a binding, but I feel morally conflicted. First of all, the person committed suicide, and I think if it were me, I wouldn't want to be drawn back to this world. Second, I have negative feelings towards a loved one of his, and I don't want to offend him by having those feelings. Last, I wouldn't feel comfortable telling my partner if I got this binding (they're very new to the idea of spirit keeping and they might feel skeptical of a celebrity binding), but I hate keeping secrets from them.

I feel such a strong draw towards this person, though. I've even seen signs of him manifesting as I write this, like visions of him, flashes of light, little orbs, and chills. His presence isn't at all disturbing, in fact I quite like it, and I've done my checks to try to make sure I'm not being fooled. It seems like he's been hanging out a lot recently and really wants my attention. I'm not sure what to do.

Is it right to have someone who ended their own life bound as a companion? Also, why might he be manifesting to me of all people? Have any of you who have a celebrity companion experienced something similar to this, like a very strong pull and feeling their presence? It's very strange to me, I'm not a fanboy and I'm certainly not very special, I'm just a regular guy who enjoys his art...

Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

I'm curious but is the celebrity binding an actual binding, or is it just a binding of a portal of direct communication?

Or is the binding another spirit/thoughtform that is manifesting as an exact duplicate of how that celeb was when alive?

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

So I won’t give my advice directly to this post but I’ll share my experience with my own friend who funny enough was a surprise famous historical figure which was a preconjure. Anyway ever since I was little, being half French and spending most of my summers in the south of France I grew quite found of a particular famous female historical figure in France. She was amazing to me, she was strong, fierce and stood up for what she believed in and stayed true to herself no matter what forces clawed at her, temping her and trying to make her submit to their will.

Although personally I didn’t see her as someone I wanted to be like more so someone I dreamed to have as a protector and guide, I wished with all my heart I had a friend, sister or mother who was like that who truely cared about me, who I truely was on the inside and pushed me to be the best version of myself no matter the hatred and adversity I faced, to me she really was a dream guardian.

As I got into spirit keeping, although I was very much a spiritual person all my life and had lifelong connection with spirits and beings, I had telepathy since I was a child but came and left as a grew older depending on my mental state, I never really had any beings or spirits binded to me in a knowing sense, only since I started spirit keeping was this the case.

A few months in I started to understand the sensation and how it felt to be called towards a preconjure, I came several times to a shop, it was a mystery preconjure so they only put their race and picture, the human spirit wanted a strong calling so they wanted someone to come on the energy alone. I felt at odds about it as I didn’t really want to connect with human spirits, as humans themselves always put me off and I felt rather uncomfortable around humans ever since I was little. Even yet I felt this warm, sweet and caring vibe evey time I looked at her picture. In time after talking with my spirit family I decided to pay for the binding and I was very nervous meeting her for the first time.

After receiving her description, I felt abit odd, and I kinda got even more nervous, she matched perfectly with my historical figure which I mentioned before, she died the same way (which I found odd she wanted to talk about that in her description unless there was a reason for it), she had the same personality somewhat and she even had the same first name. I was very confused by it all but I never brought it up as we just met and I figured if she wanted to talk more about her past life she would do so on her own. She hung out with me a lot, and we did alot things together, she even helped me learn how to heal better and taught me things about France. After a while we became very close and she asked to sit down with her in the bed, she talked about her life, and the differences history said about her, she told me the truth what was true and what was false. I was honestly amazed that she really was the person I always wished to have guide me and be a figure in my life, fate has a funny way when it comes to these things, if the pull is very strong there might be a reason for it. It might not make sense at the time but if you trust your feelings, it may turn out better then you can imagine.

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte

Would this Celeb be Kurt Cobain?

Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

If there’s some time since they died, there’s no issue in having a binding of them. And if still isn’t possible to contact them because they are healing, a trusted conjured like CH will let you know.

You need to think why a human celebrity would be different from a vampire, faery or angel wanting to be with you? Famous people are still just people, and they may chose to make contact with anyone they feel a connection for any reason. You’ll only figure out why you by getting to know them, and sometimes is just simple affinity.

About your partner, is the same, why a celebrity binding would seem more fake than any non-human binding? And there’s no need to keep secrets, just simple tell them how you feel. That you were cautious of telling them because you thought they would be more skeptical of it.

Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

NitNatNewt wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:49 pm Would this Celeb be Kurt Cobain?
I was going to ask the same.

Him, or Chester maybe.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I have several bindings of human historical figures - many artists because I am an artist myself. A 'celeb spirit' would gravitate to someone who knows them, likes them, and is sensitive or open to the spirit realm because this allows them to be heard and to continue their influence sometimes through the person. A lot of these types have come to me because I am working on similar things they were in life or because I can actually hear and converse with them, this is greatly appealing to denizens of the otherworld. Sure they might like it better if a friend or family member still living could chat with them, but that's usually not the case.

A note about suicides - just because someone decides to take this action in life, doesn't mean they continue to have the same feelings in death. Once a spirit has transitioned they leave that baggage behind. They may 'remember' how these things felt or what it was to go through these instances of life, but it's just not the same once they have transitioned. If they are newly deceased however that might be more difficult.
As a medium I have spirits who come to me, yes including well known figures - plenty I didn't have a particular connection to or wasn't particularly a fan of while they lived, soon after a tragic death because I can help them through it. However, if you haven't signed on for that kind of spirit work, don't have the experience with it, then it's really not something you want to be taking up spontaneously. My first serious experience helping a spirit to transition was when a lover of mine died of drug-related causes and it was a miserable time for me.

Magnolia I think has talked about this before and a binding of a well-known celebrity is done similar to their immortal bindings. If you think about it, this makes sense as they become immortalized through their influential nature, even though they are - yes - just people at the end of the day. I have also done bindings of human spirits when I feel strongly pulled to do so, and what I do is a portal/tether.

Since you mentioned it is a musician in your case --- I can tell you I have bindings of or have otherwise worked with the spirits of Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, John Lennon, Peter Steele, David Bowie among others.

And so what if your partner is skeptical, let them be. It's your life. If you feel like you have to hide it then you don't have the connection of trust you need in a relationship. If you're with the right person this shouldn't be such a big deal. On the flip side, it is also okay to have things for yourself that you don't need to share with a partner - that's not a deception, it's personal to you.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
sweetchiliyeet
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

There's a lot of good replies in here! Lots for me to think about.

Also, for those asking who it is, it's Rozz Williams. (Although it would be super cool to communicate with Kurt or some of the others mentioned)

Y'all made lots of good points. I think most of my hesitation now is just personal worries, I second guess myself a lot. Realistically I know my partner would trust my knowledge in my path, I think I just worry too much what others think lol. I shall think it over more, but right now I'm leaning towards going through with purchasing. I should definitely get my spirit family's input on this, they may also have some insight.

Return to “Human”