Skinwalkers and the Wendigo

Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Thoughts on the difference between these two. From what I see from my quick speculation is that the skinwalker is that akin to a werewolf or lycan right.. a man who takes on the form of a beast/wolf and the wendigo is more of a flesh eating/blood drinking cannibalistic mix of the vampire and the skinwalker/lycan. THoughts y'all?

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

It’s probably best to research the mythology of the two. It’s also worth looking into what areas/tribes these stories come from. I know that some of the stories around these beings can differ based off of where it’s from.

If I remember correctly the skinwalker is a type of witch that is capable of transforming themselves into different types of animals. They tend to be darker/more malicious in nature based off of the mythology surrounding them.

As for the Wendigo from what I have researched on them in the past they almost sound like embodiments of winter and famine. It’s said they can appear as giants but are also extremely emaciated due to their constant hunger. I think in some stories these spirits are even said to possess people and fill them with the same hunger for human flesh. I wouldn’t really compare them to a vampire or a lycanthrope. 🤔

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Certainly a difference. Sk-nwalkers can take on the form, of an actual physical person too. But is not a person. Personally, my opinion is I wouldn't work with or engage with either of them. I know some people may disagree, but I always felt wendigos usually want something in return regardless they're deemed safe for a binding.

I've encountered a real sk-nwalker once. Earlier this year. They scare me. At least the one I saw spooked me. I'm usually not that scared of any beings at all but I got goosebumps. The one I encountered, was screeching and wailing nonstop, trying to lure for help. Lots of nonsensical screaming that almost sounds hostile but wasn't about anyone or anything concrete. Pacing back and forth. Holding a bizarre animal in its arms with a weird face with its tongue hanging out. Both the voice pitch and the way this "animal" looked is what mainly made my heart pound haha. I've never witnessed or seen anything like it before but it's embedded in my memory now.
I also live on primarily Native land now...and a lot of things roam. But yeah, that is my experience.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Reading the other post here reminded me of a story an acquaintance shared with me last year. I met them through a local witch group, so it wasn’t uncommon for us to talk about subjects like this. I was not there so I can’t say with absolute certainty that everything here happened, but I do feel they were sharing their truth.

They had claimed to encounter a skin walker.

They were visiting their extended family’s farm for the summer a few years back. They had gone out to explore and were wandering around a more isolated area of the farm. They described what happened next as hearing a sound that was like the chattering of teeth, and that noise was so loud and rang in their ears. After this they saw a strange creature. It was about the size of a man and was described to me as being a mix between a bear and a wolf. It was chattering its teeth and staring at them. They took off as soon as they saw it and said it chased after them for at least a mile.

They admitted that they believed this encounter opened them up to new things psychically, even if it felt incredibly malicious to them. (On a side note they had also found multiple meteorites on this farm and had shown a few of them to me. I wonder if this played a part in the intensity of that energy.)

I find this to be an interesting subject, and always enjoy learning more about people’s firsthand experiences with the paranormal.

Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hazell wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:10 pm It’s probably best to research the mythology of the two. It’s also worth looking into what areas/tribes these stories come from. I know that some of the stories around these beings can differ based off of where it’s from.

If I remember correctly the skinwalker is a type of witch that is capable of transforming themselves into different types of animals. They tend to be darker/more malicious in nature based off of the mythology surrounding them.

As for the Wendigo from what I have researched on them in the past they almost sound like embodiments of winter and famine. It’s said they can appear as giants but are also extremely emaciated due to their constant hunger. I think in some stories these spirits are even said to possess people and fill them with the same hunger for human flesh. I wouldn’t really compare them to a vampire or a lycanthrope. 🤔
Yeah alot of magic does surround these group of non human beings for sure. Im iffy on the magic itself transforming these beings but rather a genetic case of not exactly being from this world?

Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

shieon wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:36 am Certainly a difference. Sk-nwalkers can take on the form, of an actual physical person too. But is not a person. Personally, my opinion is I wouldn't work with or engage with either of them. I know some people may disagree, but I always felt wendigos usually want something in return regardless they're deemed safe for a binding.

I've encountered a real sk-nwalker once. Earlier this year. They scare me. At least the one I saw spooked me. I'm usually not that scared of any beings at all but I got goosebumps. The one I encountered, was screeching and wailing nonstop, trying to lure for help. Lots of nonsensical screaming that almost sounds hostile but wasn't about anyone or anything concrete. Pacing back and forth. Holding a bizarre animal in its arms with a weird face with its tongue hanging out. Both the voice pitch and the way this "animal" looked is what mainly made my heart pound haha. I've never witnessed or seen anything like it before but it's embedded in my memory now.
I also live on primarily Native land now...and a lot of things roam. But yeah, that is my experience.
When you saw this wendigo where were you if you dont mind me asking? Iv'e seen vamps in public feeding on people's life force. I was actually on a plane ride and this lady was just sucking all the energy/psychic/life force out of the person in front of her after an argument. She just stared at the lady and her eyelids lifted higher and higher and the lady in front got visibly sicker and sicker. I couldn't imagine her feeding off of her blood. AS for skinwalkers or seeing someone in general shift my family can do some funny stuff under the moon.

ALSO I love hearing about native stories and myths. But for the wailing part its scary because the word banshee comes to mind.

Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hazell wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:57 am Reading the other post here reminded me of a story an acquaintance shared with me last year. I met them through a local witch group, so it wasn’t uncommon for us to talk about subjects like this. I was not there so I can’t say with absolute certainty that everything here happened, but I do feel they were sharing their truth.

They were visiting their extended family’s farm for the summer a few years back. They had gone out to explore and were wandering around a more isolated area of the farm. They described what happened next as hearing a sound that was like the chattering of teeth, and that noise was so loud and rang in their ears. After this they saw a strange creature. It was about the size of a man and was described to me as being a mix between a bear and a wolf. It was chattering its teeth and staring at them. They took off as soon as they saw it and said it chased after them for at least a mile.

They admitted that they believed this encounter opened them up to new things psychically, even if it felt incredibly malicious to them. (On a side note they had also found multiple meteorites on this farm and had shown a few of them to me. I wonder if this played a part in the intensity of that energy.)

I find this to be an interesting subject, and always enjoy learning more about people’s firsthand experiences with the paranormal.
Wow this is alot to unpack. First off I would of ran too. What do I look like trynna fight anything like that haha. Im curious as to why its teeth were chattering but yeah I feel like my primal insticts would start to kick in after that too. What about the space rocks?

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Kvedulf133 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:43 am
Hazell wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:57 am Reading the other post here reminded me of a story an acquaintance shared with me last year. I met them through a local witch group, so it wasn’t uncommon for us to talk about subjects like this. I was not there so I can’t say with absolute certainty that everything here happened, but I do feel they were sharing their truth.

Wow this is alot to unpack. First off I would of ran too. What do I look like trynna fight anything like that haha. Im curious as to why its teeth were chattering but yeah I feel like my primal insticts would start to kick in after that too. What about the space rocks?
Meteorites are known to aid in contacting spirits and entities. They can also help with boosting clairvoyance and other spiritual abilities. That’s why when they showed me the meteorites they found on that land it made me wonder if that maybe intensified their experience with that being in some way.

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

These are two entirely different beings, and I caution anyone who tries to compare them to “modern” or different myths. The Wendigo has already been misrepresented/bastardized in the past few decades.. These beings do not need to be ‘distilled’ through other belief systems. Wendigo don’t walk around with stag heads/antlers, and s***walkers aren’t friendly witches who will teach you their magic.

They are very specific beings from very specific cultures from very specific areas of the world.

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”