You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: my sprit sisters
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My magical/paranormal name...: Warp traveler
Zodiac:

This is a nice topic, but it brings an important question.... why believe or the need of believe? Sprits and the like interact it gods , deities and other beings and sprits, why is there the need for believe. You have the experience, you know is there and what is out there, you can talk, act , touch and interact, why believe? Why is it necessary?
Is like (and sorry for example) i believe that the world is round. Everyone knows this, we experience this and have evidence, why is there the need and importance for "believe" , not just for sprits, but us and others? I don’t understand, is not experience, growth , discovery and find what is truth or not sufficient? I mean I understand for some people (no offence) faith and believe brings comfort and protects the mind, but besides that….

I was raise Catholic, but I am human first and my religion/ philosophy's respect and dignity.

The Emperor Protects

The road is long.... take steps on at a time.... and you will travel to your destination in peace.

Mantra to ANGER CONTROL... Om Shante prashante sarve krodho pasha mani Swaha
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

I have a Mardu djinn that has loyalty to the Sumerian supreme god, Marduk. So not all djinn believe in the same god..... that is if they believe in a god at all

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

warp traveler wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:19 am This is a nice topic, but it brings an important question.... why believe or the need of believe? Sprits and the like interact it gods , deities and other beings and sprits, why is there the need for believe. You have the experience, you know is there and what is out there, you can talk, act , touch and interact, why believe? Why is it necessary?
Is like (and sorry for example) i believe that the world is round. Everyone knows this, we experience this and have evidence, why is there the need and importance for "believe" , not just for sprits, but us and others? I don’t understand, is not experience, growth , discovery and find what is truth or not sufficient? I mean I understand for some people (no offence) faith and believe brings comfort and protects the mind, but besides that….
I guess for spirits - who, as I think you say, encounter gods/immortals and so know they're real - it may be as much a matter of allegiance. So not a faith kind of belief (ie 'I don't really know but I have faith'). Maybe: 'I'm more attracted to or impressed with this prophet or immortal than that one'.

On one level our spirit companions have personalities and characters, likes and dislikes preferences etc, so to me it doesn't seem surprising that they 'believe' in - are fans/followers of a particular prophet or deity and thus the 'belief' system associated with that prophet/deity.

The other thing I think I see happening is spirits known to a certain geographical human culture at a certain time period seem to have been influenced by that culture enough to have picked up the dominant belief system too. Then, when the beliefs in that culture change, some of the spirits 'convert' / switch to the new belief.

Where I stand is with the point of view that no single religious belief system is the one, true right one. I see all competing belief systems - on this planet, in this or other galaxies - as being of equal validity. Everyone, including spirits, has the right to choose what belief they want to adhere to. But they can't all be right. (Is what I strongly suspect.)

Djinn are immensely respect-worthy beings, described as one level below gods. But if they themselves all believe in differently...

Religious belief is to me just an individual choice and preference, which is subjective. It's impossible to pin down any belief as being objectively right, with all others being wrong. (Is what I strongly suspect.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
UniverseExplorer
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: Chinese Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

warp traveler wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:19 am This is a nice topic, but it brings an important question.... why believe or the need of believe? Sprits and the like interact it gods , deities and other beings and sprits, why is there the need for believe. You have the experience, you know is there and what is out there, you can talk, act , touch and interact, why believe? Why is it necessary?
Let me differentiate between believe, religion and faith.
Faith is that what touch you personally, in your inside. And faith is a decision to follow a way, out of inner conviction. It's far more deeper than believe. And sometimes it's knowing without evidence.
Believe doesn't necessarily have to touch you. You have the evidence that earth is round and so you believe that the world is round. But did it touch you in your inside? In faith maybe you have an insight, this insight touches you, but you can't proof that, like Spirit Keeping.
But also believe is a result out of your faith.
Maybe we can say, you can believe without faith, but with faith you are a believer
And a beliefsystem is the summary of that what people believe out of faith. So faith is that what is personally inside of you, express that to others, than thats your believe.
But furthermore there are more ways to believe, you can say "I believe" instead of "I think"; it can be proofed by evidences, like the earth is round; or not, like Trump is an orange monkey.
Religion is an explanation of a beliefsystem. If your talking about religion it's an external view.
And from my christian point of view faith is made by God, religion is made by human. God touches you and you answer with your decision to follow his way (or not). Religion is what people think about christian faith.

I hope someone can understand what I mean with my english :p)

I think that what we're talking about here is faith.
Than means "why believe or the need of believe?", what touches us in our inside and why? Let us be human or Djinn.
If I translate my christian answer into a universal answer, than I would say the need is, that there is a Fate for our life. And the why is, we are touched by Fate to follow the way of Fate for our life.
That what we're talking about isn't the knowledge about how the universe exist, that's can be part of religion, it's about Fate.
Faith is to accept this Fate for our life and follow this Fate.
Im called by Jesus out of Fate and i'm answered to follow him. Huffs Marduk Djinn was called by Marduk out of Fate and he/she decides to follow him.

Netrograd
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 3
My super power would be...: Super speed

I do not know if Djinn believes in the Lord, but I do know one thing I am completely sure that God exists, and he lives in each of us.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Netrograd wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 am I do not know if Djinn believes in the Lord, but I do know one thing I am completely sure that God exists, and he lives in each of us.
But Djinn may have a different idea of what God is from that - those who 'believe' in a monotheistic God. As earlier posts in this thread have said, there are some who tend towards pre-Abrahamic approaches.

Actually, I wonder if there are any atheist Djinn? I guess that's theoretically possible?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

My Djinn said she believes in God, who came from her religion when she was alive. But she also studies and believes in other Gods now that she is a spirit. It's interesting to see how her religious beliefs have evolved over time. So it's a mix of spiritual practices for her now.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

There is also God/Goddess Djinn. According to Lisa of MMT, all Djinns are descended from these Djinns and many Djinns still worship them.

SeraphimSaber
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires & Succubai
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Dont have one

VizraOverlord9 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:04 pm Don't every universe have a god?
Maybe but I know Hinduim Vishnu is said to create entire mulitverses everytime he exhales and when he inhales they are anhilated during his mediative state.

My personal belief(just a belief) is that there is a multiversal supreme being that is formless and is above all, and deities of all kinds are just aspects of this supreme truth, and show itself to us according to what he relate to the most, for some Vishnu, others it might be Jesus, to another Zeus.

In hinduism, people think they are many deities but its really all the same energy with different aspects, for example Lakshmi, devi,kali, durga are all the same energy. Krishna,rama, vishnu all the same energy just there different forms to repesent the inumerable qualities of something that is so vast and beyond vomprehemsion.

One Tree, Many Branches.

Maybe this is true for the multiverse too, who really knows.

Stand up with determination and fight.- Krishna
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Vishnu the creator of worlds and destroyer of worlds. he was even qouted by the person that created the atomic bomb. - I find it strange how people question spirituality/divine even though they know magick and the beyond exists. to me its self inherited together how you see it or express it or view it completely different.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “Djinn / Genie”