Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Darkness Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Naggath

After meditating, has anyone cer experienced their third eye area every few seconds feeling like a tight ball or some other pressure then it releasing then returning weaker or stronger? Much like a cramp.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Does a massage on that area help releasing that cramp?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Mynah Marie
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nayeli

Are you sure you are relaxed when meditating? Sometimes we try so hard to meditate that we end up tensing up the muscles in the face and that can give the kind of sensation that you're describing... In my case, I noticed that I tend to tense up the face muscles if I'm doing more visual meditations. If I focus more on a thought or feeling, then it's easier for my body to relax.

Draz’Khal
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Darkness Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Naggath

Mynah Marie wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:45 pm Are you sure you are relaxed when meditating? Sometimes we try so hard to meditate that we end up tensing up the muscles in the face and that can give the kind of sensation that you're describing... In my case, I noticed that I tend to tense up the face muscles if I'm doing more visual meditations. If I focus more on a thought or feeling, then it's easier for my body to relax.
I’m quite sure it wasn’t mere muscles. I believe I would’ve felt genuine pain if that was the case

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Draz’Khal wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:40 am
Mynah Marie wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:45 pm Are you sure you are relaxed when meditating? Sometimes we try so hard to meditate that we end up tensing up the muscles in the face and that can give the kind of sensation that you're describing... In my case, I noticed that I tend to tense up the face muscles if I'm doing more visual meditations. If I focus more on a thought or feeling, then it's easier for my body to relax.
I’m quite sure it wasn’t mere muscles. I believe I would’ve felt genuine pain if that was the case
I still get physical third eye niggles, for years now. I used to meditate daily, placing a finger on the third eye spot, but stopped that after 10 years.

I tend to be neutral about it and wait for it to pass. Realising it can pass is one coping mechanism. It's not inevitable. Gut feelings may give a clue to some of what's going on.

Here are a few more thoughts. They may be of no use and irrelevant to your situation - or they may be of some use, or at least of some interest...

* If you're practising a third eye meditation technique, you can use the remedies that method advocates for resolving such issues.

* As @Mynah Marie hinted at, it may help to practice a progressive relaxation method, in any case. (Or it may not.)

Relaxation work goes hand in hand with many spiritual techniques. It eases natural energy flow, whereas tension can block it or be part of a block. Micro muscular movements are kind of in the psychosomatic area but are real. They can be virtually subliminal, so hardly noticed. Or they can be engaged intentionally, to relax areas of the body and trapped energy. (That's a feature of a chinese internal martial arts practice called nei jia - literally 'internal skills'.)

* We can internalise resistance as tension, including micro muscular tension. If we think the cause doesn't have a mundane, physical cause, we may be adding to the resistance we have; not giving ourselves permission to relax in that part of the body. If we can give ourselves permission for that part to relax, it probably will, as so many of our muscles do respond to intention.

* Practising self observation can help with resistance. There are a number of schools of this.

* The other thing that could help is to use positive affirmation to relax the body part and ease the probably subconscious mental attitude that relates to it.

* Finally, we can invite our bound spirit companions to ease the energetic and physical discomfort there.

Losing the belief that it can't be resolved could help - but that's probably easier said than done.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “General Questions”