Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:49 pm Greetings! I'm reviving the thread because I have 2 Dryad callings and wish to learn more about their race beforehand. I don't have any houseplants or living near the woods, and are curious how this might affect their nature. Additionally, I wonder if Dryads are considered Watchers or Faes.
CH Dryads are listed in the shop but not in the Encyclopedia. In the Shop description they're described as woodland fairies and guardians. (To me a guardian spirit is not the same as a Watcher spirit.)

In the CH Encyclopedia they're listed as a form of Elemental.

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... hlight=ele

As far as I can tell we'll not necessarily get the identical kind of spirit from different sellers with the same name, Dryad. The name Dryad may be used more widely as a catch all for tress spirits.

I have some woodland nymphs from a seller that no longer trades that seem very like CH Dryads. Especially this aspect: "Their hair can be made of leaves, vines, twigs, moss, etc, their skin is usually like bark, foliage, moss, etc and they can take svelte or rotund forms."

I asked mine to guard trees in a park near me, which they were happy to agree to. But CH spirits don't need that kind of task to be happy afaik.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Lewk wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:43 pm CH Dryads are listed in the shop but not in the Encyclopedia. In the Shop description they're described as woodland fairies and guardians. (To me a guardian spirit is not the same as a Watcher spirit.)

In the CH Encyclopedia they're listed as a form of Elemental.

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... hlight=ele

As far as I can tell we'll not necessarily get the identical kind of spirit from different sellers with the same name, Dryad. The name Dryad may be used more widely as a catch all for tress spirits.

I have some woodland nymphs from a seller that no longer trades that seem very like CH Dryads. Especially this aspect: "Their hair can be made of leaves, vines, twigs, moss, etc, their skin is usually like bark, foliage, moss, etc and they can take svelte or rotund forms."

I asked mine to guard trees in a park near me, which they were happy to agree to. But CH spirits don't need that kind of task to be happy afaik.
Thank you Lewk! So, I inquired about their origin and was informed that they're nature spirits that dwell in trees and assume human-like forms. Their appearance is quite similar to what you have described. So I have a wielder of Elemental magic and a Watcher. I'm guessing their abilities are quite distinct from one another.

Personally, I don't think it would be an issue if I don't have any houseplants or trees in close proximity. However, being a nature enthusiast and a lover of the ocean, I'll definitely find ways to venture out and bring them closer to their natural habitat. After all, they deserve to be where they belong. Well, the park nearby seems to have been stripped of its trees by the unforgiving weather. Lol. However, thank you Lewk, for this has sparked an idea in my mind. I'll have to explore some of the lovely parks in nearby cities.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

You're welcome.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Faery”