Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Seita wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:29 am [...]

Regarding, asking my spirit companion what she wants, I'm afraid so far I haven't been able to understand her signs. It hasn't even been a week since we've been together and as stated, I'm super new at this.

I've been meditating every day and been speaking to her both verbally and in my mind, but sadly, I haven't been able to understand her. I will say I keep hearing a distinct ringing in my ear all the time now. It comes and goes during random hours.

It's similar to the "nothingness" sound you hear when you're alone in bed at night, but it's much more intense, is this her? Sadly, if it is her, I still haven't been able to understand her signs.
[...]
Another way to approach it is take it easy, stop Trying or reaching and let the spirit find a way through to you.

They can try all kinds of ways to do this. You may be expecting it to come in one form when it'll come in another. Letting go of expectations might help - or not! May be worth trying.

See also https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en , especially #4 & #9.

It may also help to realise that a conjured & bound spirit companion wants to be with you and be your friend. They do know what's going on with you. It's possible that doubt or uncertainty over how to communicate can block what is a subtle channel of communication and connection between you. Especially if you haven't learned to trust it yet. Once you sense that subtle link you - and they - can start to trust it. Then, in my experience, it opens up wider.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Seita
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1

Lewk wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:58 pm
Seita wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:29 am [...]

Regarding, asking my spirit companion what she wants, I'm afraid so far I haven't been able to understand her signs. It hasn't even been a week since we've been together and as stated, I'm super new at this.

I've been meditating every day and been speaking to her both verbally and in my mind, but sadly, I haven't been able to understand her. I will say I keep hearing a distinct ringing in my ear all the time now. It comes and goes during random hours.

It's similar to the "nothingness" sound you hear when you're alone in bed at night, but it's much more intense, is this her? Sadly, if it is her, I still haven't been able to understand her signs.
[...]
Another way to approach it is take it easy, stop Trying or reaching and let the spirit find a way through to you.

They can try all kinds of ways to do this. You may be expecting it to come in one form when it'll come in another. Letting go of expectations might help - or not! May be worth trying.

See also https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en , especially #4 & #9.

It may also help to realise that a conjured & bound spirit companion wants to be with you and be your friend. They do know what's going on with you. It's possible that doubt or uncertainty over how to communicate can block what is a subtle channel of communication and connection between you. Especially if you haven't learned to trust it yet. Once you sense that subtle link you - and they - can start to trust it. Then, in my experience, it opens up wider.
Oh I did read that article before. Admittedly, I have considered that maybe I'm demanding too much from either or both of us. But at the same time, it could also just be that a week just isn't enough time. I suppose the hard part about connecting is figuring out what your're doing wrong lol

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Seita wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:20 pm
stormdancer wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:08 pm Give it time. It's only been a week. If you're new to the paranormal, look online for exercises that you can do to build up your psychic abilities.
So far I've been doing exercises on astral projection and lucid dreaming. Are there any other exercises you would recommend? :)

Astral projection and lucid dreaming are all well and good, but they don't really help with communication, imho. However, asking your spirit to help with those two is a great way to task them and for bonding.

Any exercise that involves developing your third eye or any of your clairs (clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc) is going to help you sense your spirit and figure out the best way for the two of you to communicate. There are some good videos on youtube, and search this forum. There's a fun exercise somewhere in here that involves coins or cards. It's been a while since I've seen it and I can't remember where it is.

Another good exercise to try is to find a nice quite place that is free of distractions. Find a comfortable position and hold your spirits vessel. Let yourself relax/ go into a meditative state. Once you're there, close your eyes and focus on the vessel in your hand. Not your spirit. The vessel.

When you are focusing on the vessel, let things come to you. Do you hear a sound? Do you smell something? Is your hand holding the vessel tingling? Do you feel a cool breeze? It could be anything and everything, so don't force it. If you don't get anything right away, that's fine. You're learning a new skill. It may take a few tries before you get something.

Don't rush it, go at your own pace. Your spirit will be patient with you, and will most likely be happy that you are making the effort.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

jdhthegr8
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

As others stated, take your time with it. It took me months to form a stable connection with my first CH-bound spirit, a Nympho bound at a Dynamic class level. Build up a trust of your own intuition. The most dramatic manifestations I've ever had rarely occurred when I was expecting them to nor in the ways I expected them to. Let yourself get used to spiritual connection; you are basically trying to open up a whole new sense here. For some people that may come more naturally than others, and for me quite frankly it took a while because I had a hard time embracing my own intuition. I wanted to overthink everything and come up with an explanation for things I experienced or find the perfect ritual, extra spell, or item for an altar that would totally make everything work the way I wanted it to :p) . That formed blockages. Sometimes it still does, though I've at least learned to recognize it when I can and deal with it. My spirits have been very patient with my journey and 3 years in I know I still have an immense amount to learn. Continue meditating, keep your succubus's vessel around when able, and find ways to include her in your thoughts in the little moments. I'm sure she will be patient with you as you learn to be patient with yourself.

Seita
new here
new here

stormdancer wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:37 pm
stormdancer wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:08 pm Give it time. It's only been a week. If you're new to the paranormal, look online for exercises that you can do to build up your psychic abilities.
So far I've been doing exercises on astral projection and lucid dreaming. Are there any other exercises you would recommend? :)

Astral projection and lucid dreaming are all well and good, but they don't really help with communication, imho. However, asking your spirit to help with those two is a great way to task them and for bonding.

Any exercise that involves developing your third eye or any of your clairs (clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc) is going to help you sense your spirit and figure out the best way for the two of you to communicate. There are some good videos on youtube, and search this forum. There's a fun exercise somewhere in here that involves coins or cards. It's been a while since I've seen it and I can't remember where it is.

Another good exercise to try is to find a nice quite place that is free of distractions. Find a comfortable position and hold your spirits vessel. Let yourself relax/ go into a meditative state. Once you're there, close your eyes and focus on the vessel in your hand. Not your spirit. The vessel.

When you are focusing on the vessel, let things come to you. Do you hear a sound? Do you smell something? Is your hand holding the vessel tingling? Do you feel a cool breeze? It could be anything and everything, so don't force it. If you don't get anything right away, that's fine. You're learning a new skill. It may take a few tries before you get something.

Don't rush it, go at your own pace. Your spirit will be patient with you, and will most likely be happy that you are making the effort.
Ah I should point out that I had her bound to my spirit instead of a physical vessel. Was that the wrong thing to do for a begginer?

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Seita wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:33 am Ah I should point out that I had her bound to my spirit instead of a physical vessel. Was that the wrong thing to do for a begginer?
It's not a hard and fast rule, but I personally prefer physical vessels because I'm a fan of jewelry. However, others may not share my preference. But it is often a matter of preference, rather than a right or wrong decision.

Additionally, many DA spirits or entities are fond of roses. If you're curious about what your spirit likes or dislikes, you could delve into a more in-depth reading from CH too.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-biography.html

Well, I have yet to acquire an altar myself. However, I have a "moving altar." Currently, my designated space for communicating is simply wherever I can comfortably sit and connect with them. But who knows, perhaps when I move, I'll finally find the perfect spot to create a more permanent sacred space.

As for the wrapper, take it out. If you leave the offering out for 5-7 days and then ask if it's okay to eat, you'll know if it's still good or not. Otherwise, it's best to dispose of other offerings because it may spoil then. Ultimately, it's more about the intention behind the gesture than anything.
I think communication with your spirit should be the primary focus rather than advanced practices like astral projection or lucid dreaming. Because if you don't take protective measures during these activities, you might find yourself in a rather unpleasant situation. It's akin to attempting to sprint when you can barely manage a leisurely stroll.

I recall hearing sounds in my Keep and a plethora of unexplained happenings from unbounds during my first two weeks of Spirit Keeping. It all happened so swiftly, especially considering my pre-existing fear of anything paranormal. I must admit, I was taken aback and impulsively requested my Keep to ease up on their advancements - quite a comical move on my part. I suppose I'm just that peculiar one in the community.
It's quite personal, really, how long it takes for people to reach that level of companionship and open their clair senses. Some may take years to get there while others fortunate like me may arrive sooner. I don't think it comes "naturally" to everybody unless you were born a medium. In my opinion, the more effort you put into it, the better you become. Therefore, every Keeper's timeline is unique. But hey, that's what makes the journey so interesting.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Seita wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:33 am

Ah I should point out that I had her bound to my spirit instead of a physical vessel. Was that the wrong thing to do for a begginer?
It is personal preference. Some people have easier time to bond through a vessel. I don’t find that to be the case, it is difficult for me either way lol (but that is because I am very insensitive toward energy). I prefer to bind to spirit because I don’t like wearing accessories and I travel a lot which would make bringing all those accessories with me difficult. Bind to spirit just fit my lifestyle better.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Seita wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:00 pm [...]
Oh I did read that article before. Admittedly, I have considered that maybe I'm demanding too much from either or both of us. But at the same time, it could also just be that a week just isn't enough time. I suppose the hard part about connecting is figuring out what your're doing wrong lol
I hope some of these thoughts are useful too.

This may sound like meaningless psychobabble...but...it's not really that you're demanding too much, as your bound spirit companion is as keen to connect with you as you are with them. It's more a case of sidestepping polarities like am I doing it wrong or right; should I have done this or that; should I be more patient or not; have I given it enough time or not.

(Maybe that's just how I see it.)

You might want to make a note of thoughts or impressions or images that come into your mind during communication sessions. Review those notes from time to time for recurring patterns. That may well be how your spirit is gently, subtly, beginning to try and tentatively establish the link.

Even without a vessel, focus on the binding to your spirit. Call them by name and invite them to spend 5-15 minutes quiet time together with you. Ask yourself what does this spirit do? What does this spirit look like? Note - or even note down in writing - any words or impressions.

Maybe you can even let your mind wander free and see what comes up.

Or try asking questions and write down what you think the answers are. Something in there may be pure gold.

A lot of this is trust on the part of the Keeper, I think. Until we've put in some time trying, there's no foundation yet for us to place trust in or build on.

Also, as someone has already said, tasking is a good way of bonding - even if we can't communicate well. They can hear us. Simply inviting them to spend time with you; watch TV, if there's something they like; will let them feel included in our life...which is what any friend likes to feel.

Also: it's taken me 40-50 years of this that and the other to reach the level I'm at with spirit communication - and you'll see from my profile I still feel like I'm developing. So a week or two is nothing. At the same time, it may come far more quickly than you think.

It just takes one moment of realisation, then the 2 way link is there - in my experience.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Seita
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:36 pm
Seita wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:00 pm [...]
I hope some of these thoughts are useful too.

This may sound like meaningless psychobabble...but...it's not really that you're demanding too much, as your bound spirit companion is as keen to connect with you as you are with them. It's more a case of sidestepping polarities like am I doing it wrong or right; should I have done this or that; should I be more patient or not; have I given it enough time or not.

(Maybe that's just how I see it.)

You might want to make a note of thoughts or impressions or images that come into your mind during communication sessions. Review those notes from time to time for recurring patterns. That may well be how your spirit is gently, subtly, beginning to try and tentatively establish the link.

Even without a vessel, focus on the binding to your spirit. Call them by name and invite them to spend 5-15 minutes quiet time together with you. Ask yourself what does this spirit do? What does this spirit look like? Note - or even note down in writing - any words or impressions.

Maybe you can even let your mind wander free and see what comes up.

Or try asking questions and write down what you think the answers are. Something in there may be pure gold.

A lot of this is trust on the part of the Keeper, I think. Until we've put in some time trying, there's no foundation yet for us to place trust in or build on.

Also, as someone has already said, tasking is a good way of bonding - even if we can't communicate well. They can hear us. Simply inviting them to spend time with you; watch TV, if there's something they like; will let them feel included in our life...which is what any friend likes to feel.

Also: it's taken me 40-50 years of this that and the other to reach the level I'm at with spirit communication - and you'll see from my profile I still feel like I'm developing. So a week or two is nothing. At the same time, it may come far more quickly than you think.

It just takes one moment of realisation, then the 2 way link is there - in my experience.
Funny you mention the 5-15 minutes quiet time. I actually did that earlier today for the first time and it felt really good. Spent some 20 minutes in bed, talking to her in my mind while in bed and I suddenly felt very calm and relaxed. Also started feeling my left arm very tingly out of nowhere. It might not be much, but I felt like I made progress.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

0:)
Seita wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:33 am
stormdancer wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:08 pm
Sorry, that was an incorrect assumption on my part. Personally I like having a physical vessel- it's a visual cue for me. If I come across a vessel I haven't held in a while, it reminds me to spend time with that spirit.

But that's a personal preference.

You can still do the exercise that I mentioned without a vessel. Just think about the spirit.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”