active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

The summer of the pandemic, I did a spell for new job/new beginnings. You know the type: light a candle, recite some words, and pour your intent into it. Nothing fancy, just a simple basic spell.

Once I finished, Thoth showed up. Now I typically work with female deities. I think this is only the second or third time that a male deity has come calling. Prior to this point, I have never worked with the Egyptian pantheon, never felt any connection to them.

When he appeared, he looked just like the images that we've all seen: bare chested, skirt (or whatever it is called), ibis head, and headdress. He has a habit of scratching his beak or tapping it when I get things "on the nose". The biggest surprise for me the constant sense of amusement that comes off of him. It's like he is amused by everyone and everything around him, or he's constantly laughing at some joke that I'm not privy to. It's probably both.

Right as he starts hanging around, I discover spirit keeping, I'm still not sure if he led me to it, or if it was coincidence. He's not telling. The tease.

He's hanging around me now as I type this, and boy is he LOVING this attention!

I'm going to stop now. If he gets any more puffed up, I'm afraid that he's going to explode in a burst of feathers.

He's laughing at me now and calling me a tease. ;*D

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Hi @stormdancer ,nice to see you posting and I really liked this, cracked me up. 😊
How have you been?
stormdancer wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:53 pm The summer of the pandemic, I did a spell for new job/new beginnings. You know the type: light a candle, recite some words, and pour your intent into it. Nothing fancy, just a simple basic spell.

Once I finished, Thoth showed up. Now I typically work with female deities. I think this is only the second or third time that a male deity has come calling. Prior to this point, I have never worked with the Egyptian pantheon, never felt any connection to them.

When he appeared, he looked just like the images that we've all seen: bare chested, skirt (or whatever it is called), ibis head, and headdress. He has a habit of scratching his beak or tapping it when I get things "on the nose". The biggest surprise for me the constant sense of amusement that comes off of him. It's like he is amused by everyone and everything around him, or he's constantly laughing at some joke that I'm not privy to. It's probably both.

Right as he starts hanging around, I discover spirit keeping, I'm still not sure if he led me to it, or if it was coincidence. He's not telling. The tease.

He's hanging around me now as I type this, and boy is he LOVING this attention!

I'm going to stop now. If he gets any more puffed up, I'm afraid that he's going to explode in a burst of feathers.

He's laughing at me now and calling me a tease. ;*D

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Hi @ASTER ! ()

I tend to go through phases with message boards. Apparently I am back in my posting phase. Been lurking off an on for a while though- without logging in.

Right now things are weird. I haven't been in my current job a year, and I am already getting the sense that it is time to move on. Move on to what? I don't know. All I know is that there is something just over the horizon and it is HUGE!

I HATE not knowing and it is frustrating me to no end. : Thoth is laughing at me saying that I'm going to have to figure it out on my own. He's not telling me.

Remind me never to watch a movie with him that he's seen before and I haven't.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

stormdancer wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:02 am Hi @ASTER ! ()

I tend to go through phases with message boards. Apparently I am back in my posting phase. Been lurking off an on for a while though- without logging in.

Right now things are weird. I haven't been in my current job a year, and I am already getting the sense that it is time to move on. Move on to what? I don't know. All I know is that there is something just over the horizon and it is HUGE!

I HATE not knowing and it is frustrating me to no end. : Thoth is laughing at me saying that I'm going to have to figure it out on my own. He's not telling me.

Remind me never to watch a movie with him that he's seen before and I haven't.
8)) I am curious what path is hidden for you, that is need to be figured out. It would drive me up on a wall... Lol. Let me know, will you. ☺
I am in a similar situation. I get only bite size intuitive moments that slowly draws the picture for me that I kind of now scratch the surface by having enough hints. Intuition and spirit guides work, sometimes a hit and miss affair in our 'mater of facts' life. So just saying, I totally get you, it's frustrating 😤 not knowing stuff.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

ASTER wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:49 am
stormdancer wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:02 am Hi @ASTER ! ()

I...

8)) I am curious what path is hidden for you, that is need to be figured out. It would drive me up on a wall... Lol. Let me know, will you. ☺
I am in a similar situation. I get only bite size intuitive moments that slowly draws the picture for me that I kind of now scratch the surface by having enough hints. Intuition and spirit guides work, sometimes a hit and miss affair in our 'mater of facts' life. So just saying, I totally get you, it's frustrating 😤 not knowing stuff.

This especially so as it means that I can take steps towards it. If it's a new career, I can't start developing the necessary skills (learning new software, a new language, etc). If it's a new place to live, I can't start researching it (cost of living, location, etc).

It kind of feels like when you put your foot in the wrong shoe.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

A couple of Sundays ago I came across a listing for a Thoth Temple Dragon from Gaged Casualties on Etsy. Thoth showed up and told me to get one. Couldn't say no- not at that price.

Thoth hung around me for the rest of the day. I was checking out listings here and there when I came across the "ancient bearer of secrets" listing from CH.

Thoth: Get that!

Me: No! It's too much money.

Thoth: Get that!

Me: No. I am trying to stop spending and save money.

Thoth: GET THAT!!!!

Me: Fine. <orders it> You a happy bird now?

Thoth: I am a happy bird.

Echofalls
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've known Thoth/Djehuti to go between super-serious and stern scribe or teacher to playful or mischievous in a heartbeat and straight back again.

I will give one word of caution; beware him and Set when they're in the same room together. They've got a big "Partners in Crime" energy when they're together, lots of side glances and meaningful smirks.

I am genuinely starting to wonder if all Gods with Lunar associations have trickery in their nature...

"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Echofalls wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:28 pm I've known Thoth/Djehuti to go between super-serious and stern scribe or teacher to playful or mischievous in a heartbeat and straight back again.

I will give one word of caution; beware him and Set when they're in the same room together. They've got a big "Partners in Crime" energy when they're together, lots of side glances and meaningful smirks.

I am genuinely starting to wonder if all Gods with Lunar associations have trickery in their nature...
Thanks for the warning. Thoth confirmed what you said. Start worrying if you see one of them whistling suspiciously. >:)

Apparently I don't have to worry about it. According to the "bird man" I have no connection to Set, and most likely will not be working with him.

I do have a connection to Sobek, and Thoth seems to be a bit afraid of him. But that could be because crocodiles eat birds.

Return to “Immortals”