new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Seraphim
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Apathy

I really want to get into spirit keeping but i have no clue where to start, I feel like im not as in touch psychically as other people and Idk how and where to start, like is there a thing you do consistanty? Like a spirit exercise? Idk like i have no idea please help

“𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 & 𝓒𝓻𝓾𝓮𝓵”
─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ .☆゚. ───
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I think maybe start with a journal as to what got you interested in spirit keeping. Another idea is to begin meditating, or sitting quietly if you don't meditate, which works well for psychic development and bonding with your friend. Establishing a daily quiet time helps a lot and I found that spirit keeping is a life style change.

There are spirits and living entities who can help. I also suggest a spirit, or living entity, for protection. I'm not really familiar with the CH encyclopedia but I'm sure there's a spirit who can help with development and give you protection.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Hi, and welcome to the forum! ::welcome:: You might find these posts on spirit keeping helpful:

topic26489.html

topic64174.html

topic64157.html

For those who are new to spirit keeping, and want to become a spirit keeper; you could try this listing, if you'd like: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/new-to-c ... llows.html

I hope this helps!

:8)

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

I would also like to mention that Creepy Hollows' Encyclopedia contains a TON of helpful information, when it comes to spirit keeping - like this article, for instance: https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

More more information on spirit keeping, please click the following link: https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... ging_id=27

Again, I hope this helps! 0:)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

OurLadyOfSorrows wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:59 am I really want to get into spirit keeping but i have no clue where to start, I feel like im not as in touch psychically as other people and Idk how and where to start, like is there a thing you do consistanty? Like a spirit exercise? Idk like i have no idea please help
Hello.

This article is a very good place to start. Especially the bit that talks about how we don't need to be psychic to be a spirit keeper.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... nners.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

OurLadyOfSorrows wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:59 am I really want to get into spirit keeping but i have no clue where to start, I feel like im not as in touch psychically as other people and Idk how and where to start, like is there a thing you do consistanty? Like a spirit exercise? Idk like i have no idea please help
One standard thing is to spend quiet time closely together with a new bound spirit companion , say 5-15 minutes daily, for the first 30 days. And to invite them at the start of each day to help you with your day.

Both things help with forming the bond. (Later on you can read up on goal setting and tasking.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Hello and welcome to CH! I’m also one of those that is not very sensitive and in tuned psychically. Others had given some great advice. My daily routine is talking to my spirit family every chance I get, it can be as simple as saying good morning/night or telling them what I’m doing or feeling at the moment. It is like I’m just talking to myself but with full knowledge that my spirit family is there and listen. If I’m very presence, like during meditation, and very open to communication, sometimes I can hear their voices, but this is rare.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

||.||

I'll second what everyone else has said: Check the encyclopedia. Check the forum.

Don't be afraid to ask questions- especially if you think that they are silly and/or stupid. You have to start somewhere and we've all been where you are.

Just remember that if you decide to bring home a spirit friend that it is not "only a spirit" . That is the equivalent of saying that your beloved and cherished pet is "just an animal" or your parents are "people you know".

Spirits come to us of their own free will to be our friends and companions. Treat them as such. Some will be those friends whom you feel like you've known forever starting from day 1. Others will take some time. Like any great friendship, spirit keeping requires some level of commitment and effort.

Spirits are unique individuals. Like people they have their own likes, dislikes and personalities. You can have multiples of one type of spirit (2 unicorns for example) and they will be completely different. From looks, to personalities, to interests.

Never doubt that they do want to be with you. If they did not, something would've happened to stop you from getting them.

One last bit of advice: Spirits are like potato chips. You can't have just one! x*D x*D

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Hello and welcome 🤗.

Everything that was linked for you already is great information about spirit keeping. I just would like to mention, if you are absolutely deaf and blind to the spirit world, might be good start to experience with spells that enhance your skills. Meditation and learning to be quiet is a good place to start and especially written reflection goes a long way too….but slow to begin with if you get a companion and you can’t communicate at all.

Usually, we all do it simultaneously, spirit keeping boosters & bonding spells from the shop, picked along with your first spirit plus we all do our little efforts to get connected with our spirit friends. Telepathic is reasonably easily developed and most spirits are easily connect through that style.

As for which spirit to pick as your first one is really your own choice. There are lots is pointers in those links that was already shared here.
Wish you the best. Can’t wait to hear about your first spirit choice in few weeks time. 🥹

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”