Alternative to Chakras?

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
bravephoenix
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

The western chakra modality really doesn't align with my practice and experiences involving energy centers. So I was wondering what other energy systems people work with when it comes to the body? If there isn't a name for it, how do you engage with that energy? What are your beliefs about the energy body?

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

It may be worth researching meridians and nadis as well.

Sterling Birch
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 43
Spelled Number: 115
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sterling Birch
Zodiac:

bravephoenix wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:06 pm The western chakra modality really doesn't align with my practice and experiences involving energy centers. So I was wondering what other energy systems people work with when it comes to the body? If there isn't a name for it, how do you engage with that energy? What are your beliefs about the energy body?
I work a lot with Robert Bruce’s method called “tactile imaging”. This is a system of energy work he outlines in his book “Energy Work”. It really seems to supercharge any other modality you’re practicing, and I think of it kind of like lifting weights, energy work style, to strengthen your capacities for various kinds of energy work and rousing dormant abilities.

What really drew me to it, is the fact that he discovered the system himself when testing out ideas to make astral projecting easier for people who are blind. He is all about testing these things out for yourself, coming to your own conclusions, and not necessarily taking anyone else’s word for things.

After discovering this system, he used it to map his energy body through his own experience. While there is a lot of similarities to the traditional chakra system in what he discovered, there is a lot more detail in his system too.

He rebrands chakras as a series of energy centers:
- Tertiary centers
- Secondary centers
- Primary centers

Tertiary centers being tiny pore-like chakras that litter the body, and are concentrated in the hands, feet, mouth, & genital regions. Tertiary centers take in and release energy according to him.

Secondary centers are larger centers that are located in every joint in the body, they refine energy for the primary centers. When beginning tactile imaging, it’s common to feel these centers throb noticeably when working on them and strengthening them/clearing blocks in them.

Primary centers are similar to traditional chakras in size, strength, and placement. He states that these are easiest to work on when all the other centers have been worked on first, so that as you develop the primary centers, they have a greater energy flow to nurture their development.

His system of primary centers differs a bit from traditional centers, in that there’s a network of secondary/primary chakras around the root chakra that are notable.

He also notes 3 storage centers in the body, corresponding to physical, emotional, and mental/psychic storage.

There are other aspects that he details too (bubbling well points, Ida/pingala, central channel & what they feel like when working with them)

Going beyond the book, he also has a course on raising kundalini (what he calls the “master circuit”) and he has some really interesting experiences and practices he shares and teaches about this that I find are different to what other people describe.

Having said all that, not every system is a fit for everyone, so not everyone might find it a fit for them. I’d say test it out for yourself and go with what feels right. I tested this one out as an open minded skeptic and was blown away by it. I mapped my own body’s energy pathways and centers out for myself using his system. This system is also what originally opened up my senses to the paranormal in the beginning as well.

Another system you might find interesting is Choa Kok Sui’s books on Pranic Healing. One that comes to mind is his book: “The Chakras & Their Functions”. From what I remember he references the chakras differently than they’re traditionally known, and the artistic renditions of the chakras in that book are from his experiences consulting with clairvoyants on what these energy centers look like.

Previously MysticTranscendence

If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.
- Gautama Buddha
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Rather than a pre-existing alternative to entirely govern you, if you feel very strongly that you're having experiences which fall outside of the concept of seven chakras then you could create your own personal system of understanding, and work with that. There is a lot more going on than the seven chakras, though they convey certain core aspects of the energy body with a universality which I would argue is important to attempt to connect to, even if it's not the end-all be-all for you.

Hazell has pointed you into a good direction to broaden your awareness of what's already been established if you care to. I'd also suggest looking into the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and its counterpart; there's a crucial angle to understanding of our energy alignment and development in this - yes as it relates to the body but beyond that as well, how it relates to everything happening to us - that would at the very least be a complement.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

This an interesting thread and topic.

I shy away from calling myself a master or an authority...but

...it's a simple fact that, after 50 years familiarising myself with various energy systems: prana/vital energy, chakras, aura, extra chakras in the body/aura, the nadi, kabbala centres (sepiroth), tibetan buddhist centres, chi centres (ie dantians, which go beyond the main 3), meridians, plus centres that I sensed myself very early on 50 years ago...

- having learned, practiced, experienced all of that...

What others have said makes complete sense. Robert Bruce's system, as explained above by @MysticTranscendence , and what @Vipera aspis atra says are imho completely correct.

When you go deeper into some of these systems, you see that there are energy centres all over the body and your aura / energy sphere. Main ones where the body's main functions are: eg abdomen, chest, head. And so on. Whether you look at them as chakras (there are countless chakras, including in the joints & in the aura) and nadi - energy lines; or whether you look at them as chi meridians and centres. Many of the major acupuncture points are effectively dantians too.

Ancient drawings illustrate this too.

My conclusion is these are just different ways of perceiving energy in ourselves.

tl/dr: I hope the above makes some sense. I think one good way to go could be to become familiar with chi channels and centres, the broader view of nadi and chakras, the kabbalistic sephiroth centres* etc....as @Hazell and @Vipera aspis atra have suggested.

That may give a good broad insight into the energy centres etc, from which someone can develop their own perspective on it all. Re-inventing the wheel isn't always the quickest way to get where you want to be. But to believe that any of those systems are sacrosanct orthodoxy and the last word on energy centres is probably needlessly restrictive.

(The Ciceros' book The Middle Pillar gives an excellent insight into and practical instruction on the kabbalistic centres in and around the body.)

https://www.amazon.com/Middle-Pillar-Ba ... 1406&psc=1

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”