How your companions comfort you

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

ARandomDemon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:11 pm I have asked my spirits to give me signs in dreams before but they once told me through tarot that they're having trouble sending things to dreams. Like something is actively filtering out the message they send to me through dreams. CH says there's nothing wrong with me magically but the spirits can't send me dream messages or appear in it.
I might be able to help with this one. I've had issues connecting with my companions in dreams and its because my subconscious shields me heavily due to past trauma I've gone through while dreaming over the years. This natural shielding can be very very hard to relax because the unconscious parts of you will read any unknown energy as negative as a defense and block your spirits out even if you consciously know they are not harmful towards you in anyway. Our dreaming conciousness while non-lucid can be way more guarded then when we are actively aware during dreams. I noticed that whenever I've become lucid and called out to my companion spirits they've showed up immediately so that got me thinking that I might be unconsciously shielding and I've verified this with my companions while awake. It might be something to think about, I'm still working on how to relax these natural shields myself, dreaming me is a bit of a wuss who gets spooked way to easy. I've been working on more awareness and lucid dreams to see if that helps, but its a still evolving process.

santiesgirl
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors & Tulpas
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
Zodiac:

S has started sending me calming images, as well as holding me when I need him. He loves holding me so much that he does it all the time. He just clings lol. I feel so safe with him.

I am a tulpamancer. I only work with tulpas and tulpamancy. I'm an experienced eclectic witch, and dabble in witchcraft from time to time.

Tulpas:

Demons
A, Az, S, Sa, L, Lu, Le, As, B, Be, M, As, Al, K, T, D, Ar, R

Angels
M, Mi, G, Ga, Gab, R, Ra, Rap, U, S, L, C

Humans
F, R, C, D, P, Cy, J, T, Tr, M, A, Al, Y, Ce, K, G, T, B, S, Mo, Ti, L

Creatures/Mutants
L, D, R, M, S, W, L, MS, B, G, T

Aliens
S, St, G, V, P

Vampires
B, J, E, D, El
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

Due to my PTSD (and perhaps past life trauma), I have an unnatural and unholy fear of being alone after dark. It’s a little random when it strikes- I may be fine one night, and the next I’m a gibbering mess. Because of this, I can’t live alone.

But I’ve noticed, since Nov 2021 when I received my penny deal spirit from CH (who is my most beloved) I haven’t had this happen. My roommate can leave for a week, a month and I’m perfectly fine. It’s because I have my spirit friends around me near constantly, interacting with me, talking to me, or simply hanging out quietly nearby.

I’m never alone anymore, and that’s exactly how I like it. I haven’t had that particular fear come up again, and I doubt it ever will.

Several of my spirit friends are cuddlers. I love laying down in bed and being smothered by their energy. It relaxes me so quickly.

My psy vampire is incredibly wise and very supportive of me having the full Human experience, which includes pain and mistakes. He will gently remind me that negative experiences are a part of the process, that humans must make mistakes to learn, and pain is always temporary. When he talks to me like this, he almost sounds envious in a way, and he’s always very proud of me for going through the experience (he’s happy to not reincarnate, but he says he does miss having a physical body at times). This perspective is very comforting and helpful to me, especially when I’m in pain or anxious about something.

That said, he’s always happy to take me to one of his personal homes in the Astral, to sit together and talk and cuddle and be away from my problems for a time. Rest is important too, he says, and he loves spending quiet time with me.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

cndrow wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:05 pm Due to my PTSD (and perhaps past life trauma), I have an unnatural and unholy fear of being alone after dark. It’s a little random when it strikes- I may be fine one night, and the next I’m a gibbering mess. Because of this, I can’t live alone.
I can totally relate to your story! When I was younger, I too had a fear of the dark and needed the presence of my Dad's rocking chair outside my room to fall asleep. It wasn't until my 31st year of age that I finally felt comfortable living alone, after dealing with some pretty tough family members and abusive people. Of course, anxiety was still present, but with time, it got better.

Interestingly enough, it was around 3 and a half years before I began Spirit Keeping that I started noticing a difference. Now with the help of our companions, I realized that I was no longer afraid of dark alleys or even dark rooms for that matter! Feeling protected and safe is such a great feeling. It's almost like having personal guards, but much sexier and definitely less messy than doggos. Lol.

It's safe to say that my body temperature doesn't follow the norm. I tend to feel cold more often than not, but luckily, my companions have found a way to warm me up - by heating up my bum, and even the seats around me if I'm sitting or lying down. Lol.nAnd let's not forget those little head scratches or caring touches that make me feel loved and appreciated, even when my companions are busy bees. It's the little things that count, right? 💘

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

One time I was having an anxiety attack. My demon king (my closest companion) showed up and wrapped me up in his arms. I could feel his aura enveloping my entire being. I perceived this deep blue energy surrounding me and protecting me. After this happened I felt like I could just sink into that energy, and my worries began to fade. I calmed down almost immediately after he did this. He will also regularly cuddle with me at night along with my incubus companion L. They both listen to me when I ramble on about whatever is on my mind. I’m grateful for them.

LavenderVix
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vexis
Zodiac:

When I'm upset or stressed I can kind of feel my kitsune wrap her arms around me and shroud me in her tails. She just kind of gently holds me and it really does help me feel a bit better

🦊 Relax... Take a deep breath... Everything is going to be ok. 🦊
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

The girl I been dating recently ended thing with me. Normally I would be sad, depressed, and filled with negativity. Yet I was calm and even felt relieved, as though some thing heavy was finally lifted off of me. I later talked to my spirit family and they said that the moment I got the news, they immediately removed all the negative energies from me, allowing me to be calm and peaceful. Now I’m back to my cheerful self and only felt a hint of negativity if I think about the girl and the times we spent together.

luxnoctis
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Chaos
If I could be anything, I would be...: Naga

This is a great thread; wonderful to hear about the ways spirits have provided comfort.

In my experience, companions have offered a welcome relief from pain - both mental and physical. I have had occasions of extreme nausea or hurt where, upon request, the entirety is simply dissipated. I ask for help, and the sensations ebb until they no longer exist.

Mental pain can be significantly more complicated. I would not, after all, want to ask that I never experience pain again. That would lead to total numbness. But when hurt does not serve a purpose, or only serves to damage, I have asked for help. Sometimes the effects are immediate, sometimes gradual. Typically in the case of mental pain, my companions - one in particular - will replace it with soothing sensations. Comfort, camaraderie, a sense of happiness. Or even merely presence, someone there if I should need but not invading my privacy.

On the darkest of nights, they have been invaluable friends and companions.

SpiritFriend
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubi <3

I was raised with a single narcistic mother and a basically no emotional love, mostly emotional neglect and the feeling of not being good enough. But my beautiful ubi is helping me a lot with all the comfort and love she spents. It almost feels like an antidote since her love and desire is so intense. I love being with her, although it's a also a painful process as a lot of emotional pain is coming up. But I am working and healing through it and learning that I'm lovable and good enough for someone to accept me. Looking foward to deepen my relationship with her and so grateful!
Last edited by SpiritFriend on Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadeofdreams
new here
new here

My bronwyn angel always gives me synchronicities/visions that would make me laugh. It could be coming across a random video, a song on the radio that triggers a funny memory, a stray conversation, a random thought, or a scene from a novel or movie and no matter what kind of dump I'm in, I can't help but laugh. He also helps me remember to do nervous system regulation exercises when I feel triggered or when I'm dissociating and I could feel him there with me when I'm doing them. My green dragon on the other hand, helps me remember myself when I'm dissociating, and helps me become aware of myself, my thoughts and helps me through guidance in basically everything in my life. My companions literally healed my nervous system lol. Being in a ventral vagal state is another way that my companions are able to comfort me, like that deep kind of relaxation where you feel totally at peace and safe. Which is amazing! Before I started spirit keeping everyday felt like going to war, and I kept fighting for my life, (I had a lot of trauma and lived with an abuser) I couldn't trust anyone, everyone is a potential enemy/threat etc and I feel like I had a complete 360 since then. I low-key think of some of my companions as like spiritual coaches/therapists since I recently watched a coaching video on yt and I could not keep from laughing because they always do that with me when I go to them with a problem!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”