Duojna?

seralee
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

I am researching duojna and all the information seems pretty vague about them.

Since they are not an entity but more of energy that take the form of a wolf, do they have personality? What type of personality do they possess?

Are they better for protection, or for working magick with?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

These are my thoughts. (You may already have realised most of this.)

I read in another thread someone's experience that a Duojna feels to them in some ways similar to a sentient servitor. I can relate to that. I think they do.

It says in the CH Encyclopedia:"Duojna are not quite a spirit and not quite a physical entity." and "[...]Duojna are forces of energy," and "They are a mute energy used as the bearer wills."
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ght=duojna

I think Duojna are kind of a half way house between a spirit and servitor. They're definitely not a physical being. But they do have a kind of sentience. They are also not social but they're very responsive and loyal.

So Shamans seem to have had a way of transferring Duojnas' energy field power and sentience into objects. The narrative of the Duojnas' power/essence having been basically captured and transferred into objects is to me reminiscent of a magical operation different to - and possibly way earlier than - medieval/modern servitor creation.

I have some 'things' from Lisa of MMT called Krees that are used by spirits somewhat like we would use servitors. They are programmable by their spirits (and us). But non-social and actually non-sentient too.

What we probably don't talk about very often is that spirits in their own realms have ways of doing things that many of us modern (?) magicians maybe don't have much familiarity with. I think the very ancient shamans would have had methods that also don't fit neatly into our ways of thinking in the early 21st century. Many meta sellers seem to relate mainly to just 3 main categories of being: spirits, living entities & human-created servitors.

Duojna's are interesting because they don't fit into those categories. I think they're also different from a binding with an energy that contains the powers of a type of spirit. They do feel like the actual being itself - but they're not. Maybe more like an energy binding but one that feels like a sentient servitor?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
seralee
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7

Lewk wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:05 am These are my thoughts. (You may already have realised most of this.)

I read in another thread someone's experience that a Duojna feels to them in some ways similar to a sentient servitor. I can relate to that. I think they do.

It says in the CH Encyclopedia:"Duojna are not quite a spirit and not quite a physical entity." and "[...]Duojna are forces of energy," and "They are a mute energy used as the bearer wills."
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ght=duojna

I think Duojna are kind of a half way house between a spirit and servitor. They're definitely not a physical being. But they do have a kind of sentience. They are also not social but they're very responsive and loyal.

So Shamans seem to have had a way of transferring Duojnas' energy field power and sentience into objects. The narrative of the Duojnas' power/essence having been basically captured and transferred into objects is to me reminiscent of a magical operation different to - and possibly way earlier than - medieval/modern servitor creation.

I have some 'things' from Lisa of MMT called Krees that are used by spirits somewhat like we would use servitors. They are programmable by their spirits (and us). But non-social and actually non-sentient too.

What we probably don't talk about very often is that spirits in their own realms have ways of doing things that many of us modern (?) magicians maybe don't have much familiarity with. I think the very ancient shamans would have had methods that also don't fit neatly into our ways of thinking in the early 21st century. Many meta sellers seem to relate mainly to just 3 main categories of being: spirits, living entities & human-created servitors.

Duojna's are interesting because they don't fit into those categories. I think they're also different from a binding with an energy that contains the powers of a type of spirit. They do feel like the actual being itself - but they're not. Maybe more like an energy binding but one that feels like a sentient servitor?
Thank you Lewk! I agree it's so hard to put duojna into a category. To me, they sound like anicent servitor that grew into having a personality?

Either way, they definitely do have an unique background and history.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have one and I love them specifically for their wolf 🐺 association. It's also has rather spiritual / earthen realm feel than celestial.

I felt mine conjured to me. I sensed it on my physical body as well as energetically.

It's a presence that is very much alive and has a conscious direction, guardian & powerful in nature that can easily adopt the shape of a wolf.

Yet, it's not a spirit as such but a presence of powerful guardian energy that it's neutral in essence.

MY Duojna comes across to me motivational guardian presence. Probably, it would even sustain my magical powers of intentions, if I would learnt spell casting.

Now, that I have mine, I wonder how I was ever without one. Duojna energy really helps move things along, even bold & new experiences that normally I would shrink back from trying.

It's almost feels like a kind of blockage breaker in action, works with me through long term, frosen beliefs. That is truly welcomed & wonderful experience (to shake off stubborn blockages), as I really wish to advance in my 3rd year of spirit keeping and master at least a gift in my present life time.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

seralee wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:28 am I am researching duojna and all the information seems pretty vague about them.

Since they are not an entity but more of energy that take the form of a wolf, do they have personality? What type of personality do they possess?

Are they better for protection, or for working magick with?
I'll just copy pasta my reply to ASTER's thread about Duojna here.
A Duojna is a spirit, their ethereal form resembling that of a wolf. Like any other spirit, you can establish a bond with them. I have sensed my Duojna numerous times, alongside my Volkh. They share a special connection, much like sisters, as I acquired their bindings together in the same order. Since then, they have become inseparable. Although my Duojna tends to be shy, like most protective spirits who prefer solitude, they do occasionally make their presence known.

Each spirit possesses their own unique personality, making it impossible to generalize them as a whole. However, they prove to be valuable allies in terms of protection and when working with magick.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Creatures”