Tarot cards, witchcraft, and a new religion?

darkenVision
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: I dont know
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Vision
Zodiac:

Got a question. Don't know where to ask this because most of my post has to do with my spirt keeping. But this is more for my GF.

She recently converted to Christianity. She use to belive in and work with demonology and witchcraft so she has a lot of books and cards and what not (I don't know any of it because I never worked with it.

She spoke about calling a higher up to bless the cards to receive a message, or calling upon the four corners for spells and stuff.

So my question is, is there like a Divin witchcraft that she can do without demonology, or can she even "use" God for tarot cards
Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

Of course there are many Christian witches out there, I'm not fully informed on the practice but I saw people who do exactly that. Witchcraft is flexible and can be integrated into any belief system as a practice just like spirt keeping. I honestly can't give other sources other than Tumblr, that's where I saw witches talk about it around 7 years ago, but you might be able to still find useful resources there. The witchcraft community on Tumblr as I remember it, used to be very informative and resourcefull.
> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

First off I’m not Christian and I don’t know how strict she wants to follow all the aspects of it, merely giving advice based on my experience and what alternatives she could do,

Firstly I do tarot readings quite often for both clients and for free on the forums, wouldn’t say I am a master yet but I do have confidence and experience in divination. First thing you do not need to practice demonology or have knowledge in that field to do divination. It also depends on what your girlfriend uses divination for. Since I usually do divination for others, my uses are to provide insight, new viewpoint or eye on the matter and read, sense and analyze energies. In my work I tend to channel energies which could be from other entities, spirits, deities which come forward during my readings. When you do divination on a more in-depth level often you experience and come in contact with many outside sources of energies.

The big point is what she plans to actually do with divination and tarot in specifically what energies is she willing to be exposed to. If your girlfriend is willing to work with entities and spirits, my recommendation is begin her journey with some banniks if she desires to still work in divination. I have 13 Royal banniks which all choose me through reverse adoptions, they are incredibly powerful and so skilled with interacting with energies managing channels and tapping into the fabric of fate so to speak. My one king bannik told me, “most capable banniks if requested should be able to handle the energies on their own and as long as the human can do telepathy, the bannik can be a middle person and remove the need for the human to interact with the energy.

If your girlfriend plans on working with banniks, a good protection to bannik ratio would be for every two banniks have one protector for divination work. That way if the bannik feels pressure coming forward they can relay this to the dedicated protector and they can act accordingly. My king told me most banniks prefer angelic, nymphs or dragons as protectors as well as fae. But my personal opinion would be if she is going with this method is to have a two watchers and one angel (courtwind would be nice) per two banniks.

If you have any more questions let me know thankies
Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I agree that you can practice divination, whichever of the Big Belief systems you subscribe to. Many who are Christians do. Such things are not inherently evil or wrong - that has been a lie told by Christians long ago in order to compete with other beliefs and discourage people from pursuing them.

Yes, there are Christian practitioners of magic etc. You can see the well known Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram as Christian-friendly, as it brings Archangels in to protect the circle at the 4 directions.

In Europe in the early and late middle ages - even in Egypt in Coptic Christian times - folk magic and ritual magic were Christianised. Maybe partly because that's how people saw the world then but also, importantly, to avoid persecution or execution by the intolerant, Christian authorities.

These articles give two perspectives...

https://witchcraftandwitches.com/types- ... ian-witch/
https://www.freshnewbrew.net/post/embra ... -explained

Your GF could research this herself too, of course. There are how to books...simply enter the search term Christian Witchcraft on the Amazon website.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Well, I am a Christian mystic and used to collect tarot decks. I am very bad reading cards but absolutely love my decks that I have collected over the years. I don't buy more sets because I literally run out of space to contain it.

Now, I was in dilemma about Christianity versa tarot reading or even touching one as I was told those card sets are all possessed and evil.

I literally studied it's history and how the tarot came about. Very soon I discovered that its actually, the original usage of a tarot cards were to demonstrate archetypes of typical 'teaching moments' from people's life and preached from the pulpit by a monk in the dark middle ages. There wasn't any Bible printing back then.

It's used to be called Torah cards and only the reach people had a deck and used it in a family card game circle as well in a similar fashion like in the olden days temple era.

The major arcana images are reflective of the life of Christ and the minors are lessons and influences to overcome hardship, addiction, temptation ect.

After learning these, I let my guards down and relaxed about it, started enjoying studying my favourite decks in view of all that I briefly mentioned.

I never used tarot for predictions but I do read it for my own reflection and getting insight of some pressing issues. Well ... I haven't touched any of my decks for minimum 8 months 😂. Since my January birthday actually, after getting gifts of 4 more angel tarot deck decks from my family.

I personally never felt working with demonology and it's not necessarily for tarot cards studies. I hope this might help you to figure and settle emotions concerning Christianity. Everyone must figure it out for themselves in my opinions for to consciousness sake .

The Tarot, to me is reflection, counselling cards that encourages me with the life of Christ and sharpen my faith and hope by using it .... well when I pick it up to read it. I have many angel tarot decks as well. Overall it's very therapeutic even just shuffle them and looking through its images.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

darkenVision wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:02 pm Got a question. Don't know where to ask this because most of my post has to do with my spirt keeping. But this is more for my GF.

She recently converted to Christianity. She use to belive in and work with demonology and witchcraft so she has a lot of books and cards and what not (I don't know any of it because I never worked with it.

She spoke about calling a higher up to bless the cards to receive a message, or calling upon the four corners for spells and stuff.

So my question is, is there like a Divin witchcraft that she can do without demonology, or can she even "use" God for tarot cards
Christianity, like any other religion, encompasses a variety of belief systems. The depth of her exploration and the shaping of her personal beliefs play a significant role in this regard.

Divination can be practiced without any association with demonology or even Spirit Keeping. Divination itself is not inherently demonic. Many individuals develop their psychic abilities and utilize tools like tarot cards, drawing upon their own skills or relying on intuition to guide their lives and make informed decisions.

While the idea of "using" God may not be the best choice of words, it is unlikely that God would be readily available to assist us whenever we desire. However, if one has a connection to the Immortals, they may receive messages through divination.

If someone were to seek the blessings of higher powers for their tarot cards, the messages they receive may not necessarily pertain to their own personal life but rather encompass broader aspects of humanity. This may not align with her specific intentions, I don't think. Additionally, unless someone is specifically chosen for this very purpose, the messages they receive through divination can potentially disrupt their lives.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

If she wants, she can check reddit for Christian witches. Or she doesn't need to involve entities in her craft. Witchcraft is quite flexible and you can practice according to your beliefs.
Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
StarSoul_7
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Trigger my horse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fairy
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Star Soul
Zodiac:

I was once Christian. Born into and raised in the catholic faith. When I turned 35, Source removed me from that faith and I was non-denominational. Since my awakening, I know longer see the need for religion. Everything that we have been taught and been told is not true. It's all lies. Religion is a form to keep you bound and in bondage.A way to be controlled by a select few. Game over for all that.

I was deep in the faith. An ordained minister. A Prophet and I could go on and on. I once believed tarot and witchcraft was all EVIL. Well, I have discovered at the age of 58 that that is not true. Before we are flesh we are energy. Our energy is everyone. Energy is everything. Source is Energy. God is source which is energy.

During this awakening, I have discovered so much it is truly amazing. Atlantis, and Lemuria and all these other civilizations that existed and still do exist, are far more advanced simply because we have all been programmed, all dummied down. Magic is who and what we are. Its not demonic. Now there are dark entities of course, it doesn't mean its evil.

Christianity teaches that satan is evil. Well he isn't. It amazes me how for so many years I was sleeping. Well now Im wide awake and I question everything.
Life is and will always be magical.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”